2017 Feb 21, 02:24:35

Author Topic: Doctor Whooves Radio Play  (Read 3247 times)

Offline HunterOfTheDark

• ROW ROW FIGHT DA POWA!!
    • View Profile
Doctor Whooves Radio Play
« on: 2013 Sep 01, 10:37:36 »
Hello everypony, I wish to send out a call to all you aspiring voice actors and audio editors; I am putting together a new Doctor Whooves radio drama entitled 'Doctor Whooves' (original name? Not!). You will find the script for the first episode as well as a list of the characters that I need voiced in the spoiler below. Please reply to this thread if you are interested in voicing acting or audio editing for my latest project.

Spoiler
Doctor Whooves
Episode One: The Doctor In The Box

Characters:

Princess Celestia
The Doctor - Taken by Ryo_D_Disk
Twilight - Taken by outside source
Spike
Princess Luna
Oak Ridge
Dalek - Taken by delta delat78
Mrs. Cake
Derpy Hooves
Mayor Mare
Rainbow Dash
Cloud Kicker
And Matilda

Princess Celestia: [act as if you were telling a child a story] Once upon a time, in the magical land of Equestria. There were two regal sisters who ruled together, and created harmony for all the land. To do this, the eldest used her unicorn powers to raise the sun at dawn. The younger, brought out the moon to begin the night. Thus, the two sisters maintained balance for their kingdom and their subjects; all the different types of ponies. But, as time went on, the younger sister became resentful; the ponies relished and played during the day her elder sister brought forth, but shunned and slept through her beautiful night. One fateful day, the younger unicorn refused to lower the moon to make way for the dawn. The elder sister tried to reason with her, but the bitterness in the young one’s heart had transformed her into a wicked mare of darkness; Nightmare Moon! She vowed that she would shroud the land in eternal night. Reluctantly, the elder sister harnessed the most powerful magic known to ponykind; the Elements of Harmony! Using the magic of the Elements, she defeated her younger sister, and banished her permanently to the moon. The elder sister then took responsibility for both sun and moon, and harmony has been maintained in Equestria for generations ever since. *sigh*

[sound of hoofsteps, followed by the opening of a window, and the sounds of the night]

Princess Celestia: [tone of sorrow] I……I’m sorry, Luna. If only things had went differently…

[sound of hoofsteps, followed by the sound of something falling onto a bed]

Princess Celestia: [businesslike tone] Well, enough dwelling on the past, I’ve got to choose a town for the celebration again. Manehatten’s too busy…Fillydelphia looks like an option though…

[sound of TARDIS materializing, starting quiet but quickly building in volume, followed by the sound of the TARDIS doors opening]

The Doctor: I wonder if I’ve finally made it back to the right time. Ah! Princess! So nice to see you!
[sound of hoofsteps briefly]

The Doctor: Nice night isn’t it?

Princess Celestia: I [pause for a second] I think I know you from somewhere…

The Doctor: Why of course you know me! We’ve seen each other enough times!

Princess Celestia: I’m sorry but [pause for a second] I don’t think I truly know you.

[hoofsteps briefly]

The Doctor: Tell me Princess Celestia. What is the time?

Princess Celestia: Well, it’s almost nine o’clock.

The Doctor: No, no, no! I mean the year! Time of year! That sort of thing.

Princess Celestia: It’s the spring of 1000, if that’s what you’re asking.

The Doctor: Spring of 1000?!? Shoot, I’m a few years off! Wwweeelll, sorry about the intrusion, Princess. I shall be out of your hai-er-mane in a flash!

[sound of hoofsteps]

Princess Celestia: Wait!

[hoofsteps stop]

Princess Celestia: Who are you?

The Doctor: I’m the Doctor. You’ll come to know me very well quite soon.

Princess Celestia: Strange, I think I’ve seen you somewhere before… yet you haven’t seemed to age at all…

The Doctor: Well you have seen me. Many times in fact. We just won’t be properly introduced for a number of years.

Princess Celestia: What are you? A time traveler?

The Doctor: Pretty much, although theres a lot more to it than just time travel.

Princess Celestia: Amazing! I’ve never met a time traveling pony before!

The Doctor: Well, technically you have since we’ve met before.

Princess Celestia: Oh…yes, that’s true I suppose…

[no SFX for a second (except for night sounds)]

The Doctor: Well, I apologize Princess but I must be off. Places to go, people and ponies to see!

[hoofsteps, followed by the sound of the TARDIS doors opening]

The Doctor: By the way, you said the spring of 1000, correct?

Princess Celestia: Yes

The Doctor: Spring of 1000. Ah! You have a very special Summer Sun Celebration on the way! Might I suggest you have it take place in Ponyville this year?

Princess Celestia: Ponyville?

The Doctor: Yes! Oh, and make sure that Twilight Sparkle is involved in it.

Princess Celestia: Twilight Sparkle? My student?

The Doctor: The very same! Trust me. She's going to help out a lot and this is going to be one Summer Sun Celebration to remember! Goodbye, Princess Celestia!

Princess Celestia: Goodbye…Doctor

The Doctor: Allons-y!

[sound of TARDIS door closing, followed by the sound of the TARDIS dematerializing]
Princess Celestia: Hmm…Ponyville. Sounds promising.

[Insert title theme here]

Narrator: [while the title theme plays] Doctor Whooves, Episode one: The Doctor In The Box

Narrator: [after the title theme has played]Location: Home of Twilight Sparkle, Ponyville, Equestria, Gaia, Spring, 1002 C.E.

Twilight: Ugh…[sound of pony falling onto a bed] well, at least that leaves three days left of preparations…

Spike: Twilight! Twilight!

Twilight: [drowsily] Yes, Spike?

Spike: You got this note this morning, but you were in such a hurry this morning that I didn’t get a chance to give it to you.

Twilight: Sorry Spike, the preparations for the Celebration have really been eating into my time. Who’s it from?

Spike: Princess Luna.

Twilight: Can you read it to me please? Its been a long day.

Spike: [slightly annoyed] Fine. [clears throat] Dear Twilight Sparkle, I have received your notice and shall be visiting your residence at the time you requested. We can discuss things further then. Hoping you are well, Princess Luna.

[sound of sudden movement on bed, followed by sounds of magic being used]

Spike: [surprised as the note is torn from his grip] Woah

Twilight: [agitated] Princess Luna is coming?!?

Spike: [very annoyed] I thought you were too tired to read it!

Twilight: Nevermind that, Spike! Princess Luna is coming [pause for a second] and this place is a disaster!

[sound of paper and various items being moved]

Spike: If this place is a disaster then why did you ask her to come, anyway?!

Twilight: That’s just it, Spike, I didn’t! Lets see… [sound of magic and rustling paper] I have received your notice and shall be visiting your residence at the time you requested? I never sent Princess Luna a notice!

Spike: Are you sure?

Twilight: I’m positive! I’ve been too busy with preparations for the Summer Sun Celebration, to do anything else, let alone write a letter to anypony!

Spike: Maybe you did it in your sleep!

Twilight: You would have had to help me send it. Unless you’re saying that you were sleep walking too.

Spike: Hmmm. Maybe somepony cast a dark curse on us! What if Trixie’s back for revenge?!

Twilight: Pfft, please. If somepony did cast a curse on us I'd highly doubt that it would be Trixie. This is suspicious, though. I guess I'll figure out the details of this supposed letter from me when the Princess arrives.

[three knocks on the door]

Spike: Speak of the devil, that’s probably her.

[hoofsteps]

Twilight: [steadying breath]

[sound of magic being used, followed by the sound of the door opening]

Princess Luna: Good evening, Twilight Sparkle. My, my, you’ve certainly got an… interesting way of organizing your belongings.

Twilight: I’m sorry princess; the other ponies and I were busy preparing for the Summer Sun Celebration.

Princess Luna: Please, call me Luna, and I completely understand. Manehatten was a disaster last year.

Spike: Isn’t that place always a disaster?

Princess Luna: [chuckle] I suppose it is isn’t it?

[hoofsteps, followed by sounds of ponies sitting on cushions]

Princess Luna: So, what was it that you wanted to see me about?

Twilight: Well, Pri-er-Luna, this is gonna sound a bit odd, but I couldn’t have been the one who sent you this supposed notice you mentioned in your letter.

Princess Luna: [puzzled] What do you mean?

Twilight: I mean, I haven’t sent any letters to you. Heck, I haven’t sent any letters period! I’ve been too busy.

[sound of magic being used]

Princess Luna: Then how do you explain this?

[sound of magic and paper rustling]

Twilight: Dear Princess Luna, I would like you to come and visit me at half past five in the evening three days prior to the upcoming Summer Sun Celebration. Do whatever you can but please come. I really need to discuss something with you and...there's something I need to show you. I'll explain everything when you get here. Hoping you and Princess Celestia are well, Twilight Sparkle.

Princess Luna: See? You sent me a letter.

Twilight: I couldn’t have…but this is definitely my hornwriting.

[silence]

Princess Luna: [burst out laughing] Are you pulling a trick on me Twilight? It isn’t even Nightmare Night and you’re already pulling pranks on me! I can see why my sister has a strong liking of you!

Twilight: I’m sorry Luna, but I’m not joking. This letter was definitely written by me, but I didn’t write it.

Princess Luna: Come now, are you saying you haven’t written a note that was clearly written by you? That statement alone is an obvious contradiction.

Spike: I told you Twilight, it’s a curse! [sound of something being shoved off a couch] WOAH!

Twilight: I’m telling you the truth, Luna. I haven’t written or sent you any letters.

Princess Luna: *sigh*

Twilight: Luna, when did you get this letter?

Princess Luna: I got it this morning, but the guards said that it arrived last night.

Twilight: How? How did it get there?

Princess Luna: They…uh…don’t know. It just seemed to appear in the mail room, nothing came in, nothing came out. They did, however, state that they heard an awfully strange noise from within the room, but they found nothing upon further investigation. Nothing except that letter, that is.

Twilight: Strange…hmm…what if…this is a letter I’m going to write?

Princess Luna: [skeptical] Are you saying that this letter could be from the future?

Twilight: Time travel is possible, though it’s very complicated and hard to control. Trust me, I know.

Princess Luna: Well if this is from the future…then I guess I’m needed here at this specific time for a specific purpose.

Spike: But what purpose could it be that it needs one of the princesses?

Twilight: I don’t know, but I have a feeling that we’re gonna find out very soon.

[TARDIS sounds]

Spike: What in Celestia’s name is that sound?

[sound of sudden materialization, followed by the sound of something large crashing into a bookcase, followed by the sound of papers flying]

Twilight: *gasp* My library!

Spike: [after a short pause] Police Public Call Box? Whats that?

Princess Luna: I have no idea. I’ve never seen anything like this before.

Twilight: I think I have, but that’s impossible.

Spike: Why, where’ve you seen it?

Twilight: Old legends.

Princess Luna: Interesting

[TARDIS doors opening]

Doctor: [violently coughing]

[sound of pony hitting the ground]

Twilight: Are you alright?!

Doctor: [chuckle weakly] What’s this? Some sort of talking equine? That must have been some ride!

[TARDIS doors shut]

Spike: Was it just me, or did that door just close on its own?

Luna: It did indeed close on its own.
Twilight: Well, whatever happened, I’m sure that gas he’s exhaling is bad. We should get him to a doctor.

Luna: No

Twilight: NO?!? We can’t just leave him to die, that goes against everything your sister taught me!

Luna: I don’t intend to let him die, I simply don’t trust him. Which is why I’m asking you to look after him until he wakes.

Twilight: I suppose that makes sense. But what about the preparations? I can’t just stop helping.

Luna: I’m sure your friends can manage for a few days without you. Besides, I’ll be helping in your place.

Twilight: I guess they ca – wait, WHAT?!? You’re gonna be staying?!?

Luna: How else will I get answers when he wakes? Its not like I can ask him the questions that I’ll need to when I’m all the way in Canterlot.

Twilight: But what about your responsibilities?

Luna: I’m sure I won’t be missed if I’m gone for a day or two, I’ll just need to let Celestia know where I am.

Narrator: The next day…

[sound of door opening and closing with magic]

Luna: Anything new?

Twilight: [faintly] No Luna, nothing!

[sounds of a pony go up stairs]

Twilight: He keeps exhaling that gas every now and then, but other than that, nothing happens. He just sleeps.

Luna: Have you tried taking a sample of the gas for analysis?

Twilight: Numerous times, but it evaporates before I can it into anything.

Luna: What about the box? Have you tried opening it?

Spike: We tried everything both magical and physical, but it just won’t open! I assume there’s an extremely powerful curse on it!

Twilight: [harshly] Spike, do we have to have the same conversation we had when we first met Zecora? There’s no such thing as curses! [pause for a moment, then sigh and switch to a more friendly tone] I'm sorry, Spike. I'm just really anxious. All of this couldn't have happened at a worse time! I mean there's only two days left until the Summer Sun Celebration and I'm stuck in my house playing nurse to a strange stallion who crashed a blue box into my bookcase!

Luna: I can understand your frustration; there have been similar occurrences in my past.

Twilight: Thank you Luna.

Luna: You’re very welcome. [hoofsteps] What is this?

Spike: No idea. We found it in one of his coat pockets.

Luna: I wonder…

[sound of magic, then the sound of the sonic screwdriver followed by the sound of a lock opening]

Luna: Fascinating!

Spike: Sooo, it unlocks stuff?

Luna: This is unlike any magic I’ve ever seen.

Twilight: I’m pretty sure theres nothing magical about it.

Luna: What do you mean?

Twilight: I’m pretty sure it’s a technological device, and a very advanced one at that.

Spike: Maybe he knows something about your letter from the future!

Twilight: Well, we’ll find out when he wakes up, which I don’t see him doing anytime soon. I still think we need to take him to a doctor.

Doctor: [gasp as if he’s exhaling something] Did someone call me?

Everyone: [gasp in shock]

Narrator: Meanwhile, on the outskirts of Ponyville

[sounds of a cart being pulled along a path then abruptly stop]

Oak Ridge: Ugh, stupid road! Those Ponyville folks really need to improve their roads into and out of town.

[sounds of tugging on the cart]

Oak Ridge: [ad lib while trying to get out of hole he’s stuck in]

[crackling sounds]

Oak Ridge: What?

[hoofsteps, crackling gets louder]

Oak Ridge: What is this? It looks just like the surface of a pond.

[crackling gets louder, then changes to the sound of a portal opening]

[sounds of a Dalek moving]

Oak Ridge: What in the name of Celestia?

Dalek: WHAT IS MY CURRENT LOCATION?! EXPLAIN! EXPLAIN!

Oak Ridge: Y-y-yo-you’re in Eqestria.

Dalek: EQUESTRIA?! I HAVE NEVER HEARD OF SUCH A PLANET!

Oak Ridge: Um, well, it’s not a planet. It’s a country…though a very large country. Our planet is called Gaia.

Dalek: GAIA?! THERE IS NO SUCH PLANET!

Oak Ridge: But…but there is. You’re…well, you’re standing on it.

[sounds of the Dalek moving around]

Oak Ridge: Well…if you’ll excuse me sir, I’m just going to head off on my way.

[tinkling sound to represent the residual regeneration energy the Doctor was expelling]

Dalek: WHAT?! WHAT?! THE DOCTOR?! THE DOCTOR IS HERE?!

Oak Ridge: Well…there is a doctor in Ponyville.

Dalek: WHERE IS THIS PONYVILLE?!

Oak Ridge: It’s that town just over there.

Dalek: THE DOCTOR IS THERE?!

Oak Ridge: Well, there’s a doctor. I think his name is Ginger Coat.

Dalek: NO! NO! THE DOCTOR’S HERE! YOU KNOW WHERE HE IS! TELL ME! TELL ME!

Oak Ridge: The only doctors I know Ginger Coat and my own just a few miles back. She’s named Amber Cross.

Dalek: NO! NO! NO! NO! THE DOCTOR! THE DOCTOR! GIVE ME THE DOCTOR!

Oak Ridge: I don’t know anypony by the name of the Doctor

Dalek: LIAR! LIAR! YOU WILL TELL ME! YOU WILL TELL ME!

Oak Ridge: I don’t know who or what you’re looking for and, if you don’t mind, I’ll just be on my way.

[sound of Dalek’s laser moving to aim at Oak Ridge]
Oak Ridge: Woah, what’re you gonna do to me? Whisk me in anger? I don’t think so.

Dalek: EXTERMINATE! EXTERMINATE!

[sound of Dalek laser firing, accompanied by the screams of Oak Ridge]

Narrator: Back in Twilight’s guest room…

Doctor: Strange. I seem to have ended up in a world of anthropomorphic equines. Extraordinary! [sounds of clothes rustling, and Doctor laughs] Oh my! I’ve regenerated into a horse myself! Incredible! Life’s just full of surprises! [pause for a moment then switch to an annoyed tone] Blast! Still not ginger! Who knew I’d become a horse before I became a ginger? Well, I suppose dark brown suits me just fine, so I suppose I can live with that for now. [pause then laugh out loud for a second time] There are dragons in this world too? And these equines have horns and wings! Pegasi and unicorns! The humans were on to something after all! Marvelous! Truly marvelous!

Spike: You do realize that we can hear every word you’re saying right?

Doctor: What? Oh yes. I’ve forgotten my manners. Waking up after a good regeneration can do that to someone. I’m the Doctor.

Twilight: Doctor? Doctor who?

Doctor: Just the Doctor thanks.

Twilight: Ooookkkk…in any case, my name is Twilight Sparkle. This is my assistant and close friend, Spike, and this is the co-ruler of our land, Princess Luna.

Luna: It is a pleasure to meet you Doctor

Doctor: Likewise! Its very nice to meet you Princess Luna. So…do you co-rule this land of…what’s the name of this land?

Luna: Equestria

Doctor: Ah. Interesting name. Anyway, do you co-rule this land of Equestria with your mother, the queen?

Luna: No. Its just my older sister, Princess Celestia, and I.

Doctor: So do you and your sister have a mother and/or father ruling this land from far away or-

Luna: Like I said, its just Celestia and I.

Doctor: Then shouldn’t that make you queens?

Luna: Pardon?

Doctor: Well it only makes sense for your proper names to be Queen Celestia and Queen Luna since there’s nobody ruling over you.

Twilight: Nopony

Doctor: I beg your pardon?

Twilight: You said nobody. The correct term is nopony.

Doctor: Nopony? [Doctor bursts out laughing] Nopony she says! That's what you've got to say around here?! That's brilliantly different! I'll have to get used to this! So, what, do you say anypony and everypony as well?

Twilight: Yes, actually.

Doctor: [Doctor burst out laughing again] I apologize for the sudden outburst. I’m sure I just offended you in some way. I tend to do that a lot…

Spike: That doesn’t surprise me.

Doctor: Anyway, the correct titles for you and your sister should be Queen Celestia and Queen Luna.

Luna: Excuse me, but we have been known as Princess Celestia and Princess Luna since the beginning of our reign and we will not change it just because a strange earth pony thinks that’s not the correct title!

Doctor: *sigh* fine, whatever you say Princess Luna
Twilight: Cut the garbage, Doctor

Doctor: Hmm?

Twilight: I've been taking care of you for well over a day and I want some answers! Just who in Celestia's name are you?!

Doctor: Oh, so theres no belief in God in this world.

Twilight: What?

Doctor: Oh, nothing to worry your minds over.

Twilight: I’ll ask you again, who are you?

Doctor: Well I told you, I’m the Doctor

Twilight: I’m pretty sure that’s not your real name

Doctor: Trust me Tiffany, that’s the name I’ve used for many years. Well, alright, I’ve used John Smith, but that’s another story.

Twilight: Tiffany?! My names not Tiffany, it’s Twilight Sparkle.

Doctor: But you look so much like a Tiffany. Okay, fine, I won’t call you that. What about Lavender?

Twilight: No

Doctor: Thalia?

Doctor: Hermione?

Doctor: What about Susan? You definitely look like a Susan.

Twilight: NO! My name is Twilight Sparkle, and I will go by no name other than that!

Spike: Not even Twilight Flopple?

Twilight: [anger rising] Spi-ike!

Spike: OK, OK, it was just a joke, sheesh!

Doctor: OK, Twilight it is, though I still think Susan would suit you better.

Luna: [impatiently] We’ll ask you again! Who are you? What are your origins? Where are you from? And what is that mysterious blue box downstairs?!

Doctor: Blue box? Oh, you must mean the TARDIS

Spike: The what?

Doctor: TARDIS, T-A-R-D-I-S. It stands for Time And Relative Dimensions In Space. It’s my ship.

Spike: Your…ship?

Twilight: Can you show us the inside of your um, ‘ship’?

[sound of stomach growling]

Doctor: I’m sorry, but I’m terribly famished and in need of a warm muffin with butter. Maybe several [chuckle] Is there a place I can get a good muffin?

Spike: Well, there’s Sugar Cube Corner.

Doctor: Sugar Cube Corner? The mere name gives me a cavity. Sounds good! Alright, here’s the deal. You two take me to this Sugar Cube Corner for some muffins, and I’ll tell you everything about my origins and show you the inside of the TARDIS. Do we have a deal Ms. Sparkle?

Twilight: *groan* deal.

Doctor: Excellent, off the Sugar Cube Corner! I actually feel some of my masculinity slip away every time I say that name!

[hoof steps going downstairs]

Spike: You know, I have to agree with him on this one. I could use a muffin myself.

Narrator: 15 minutes later, at Sugar Cube Corner…

[sounds of a busy restaurant]

Mrs. Cake: There you are, 15 blueberry muffins. Will that be all?

Doctor: Oh, definitely. [sounds of silverware being moved around the table] Oh…blast! How do you pick things up with these confounded hooves?!

Twilight: *sigh* Here, let me help you.

[sounds of magic as Twilight cuts open the muffins]

Doctor: [while Twilight is opening the muffins] Would you be so kind as to spread the butter as well? I’m new to all this hoof business.

Twilight: *sigh*

Doctor: Thank you!

Mrs. Cake: [quietly, to simulate whispering] Who is that? He sure is a strange character.

Twilight: [quietly, to simulate whispering] Even we don’t know who he really is.

Spike: Can I have one of those?

Doctor: hmm, I suppose.

[sounds of dragon and pony digging into the muffins]

Luna: My, you sure do have quite an appetite there Doctor.

Doctor: I don’t know why but I suddenly have an incredibly large need for food. Must be the new body. Regenerations are always tricky to get past. The after effects can be horribly annoying.

Luna: I’m not sure I quite understand.

Doctor: Understand? Oh…you must mean my talk about regenerations and such.

Luna: Not only that, but also your lack of knowledge for the most basic of pony movements and other things that should be common sense to you.

Doctor: Well I think we’ve established by this point that I’m not exactly from around here.

Twilight: Then what country are you from?

Doctor: What’s the name of your planet?

Twilight: Excuse me?

Doctor: Your planet. What’s its name?

Twilight: Uh…Gaia.

Doctor: Gaia? There’s no planet named Gaia. I should know after all my time stargazing. Unless, unless…but no, its not possible. The barriers are sealed tight. Then again, that would explain a lot.

Luna: What are you going on about?

Doctor: Huh? Oh, sorry. I tend to do that often.

Luna: You sure do have a lot of bad habits.

Doctor: I’m just adjusting to the new body.

Twilight: You keep talking as if you’ve only recently become a pony.

Doctor: Well that’s because I have only recently become a pony. Before my regeneration I resembled a human being.

Twilight: What’s a human being?

Doctor: No knowledge of humans? Is it possible? Have I really managed to break through the barriers?

Twilight: [exasperated] Will you stop that?!

Doctor: [a bit sheepishly after a pause] Sorry.

Twilight: I’ve read through countless books and I’ve never once come across a creature called a human being.
Doctor: That’s because they don’t exist on this planet…and, now that I think about it, I doubt they even exist in this universe at all.

Spike: I don’t think his mind is in the same universe at all!

Twilight: *chuckle*

[hoofsteps]

Doctor: Can I help you?

Derpy: [hiccup] Um, no

Doctor: What’s your name?

Derpy: uh, um…[hoofsteps moving away]

Doctor: Did I say something wrong?

Spike: No, that’s just Derpy Hooves.

Doctor: Derpy Hooves? That’s a cruel name.

Spike: That’s what everypony knows her as.

Doctor: Hmm, a shame she had such cruel parents. Also, was it just me, or was there something wrong with her eyes?

Spike: Yeah, for some reason her eyes trail off at random points. It’s really weird!

Twilight: Spike! She can’t control it! And, besides, I don’t think Derpy Hooves is even her real name. That’s just what everypony knows her as.

Spike: You don’t see her complaining about it or correcting anypony. Who knows if she has another name? If she does it’s probably worse than Derpy Hooves if she keeps it a secret.

Twilight: OK, enough talk about Derpy Hooves! We’re here to talk about you Doctor!

Doctor: And so we are!

Luna: So…where exactly are you from?

Doctor: I’m sure that by this point you’ve figured out that I’m not from your planet.

Twilight: So you’re an alien?

Doctor: Well…yes I am an alien, but here I’m a bit more than an alien. You see, I’m not only from a different planet, I’m from a completely different dimension.

[second long pause]

Twilight: Really? That’s the story you’re sticking with? That you’re from a different dimension?

Doctor: It’s the truth, and I can prove it once I show you the inside of the TARDIS.

Twilight: Fine! Then let’s go right now!

Doctor: Fine!

[screams of fear begin to sound]

Twilight: What is going on out there?

Pinkie Pie: OO, OO, maybe it’s a party! But why wouldn’t they invite me?

Spike: I don’t think it’s a party Pinkie.

[sound of doors bursting open]

Rainbow Dash: Twilight!

Twilight: What is it?!

Rainbow Dash: Something’s attacking Ponyville!

Twilight: What?! What’s attacking us?!

Derpy: Um…we don’t really know.

Doctor: [under his breath] No

Narrator: a couple minutes earlier at the town hall…

Mayor: Be careful up there! We don’t need another hole in the roof!

[sounds of work being done on the roof]

Rainbow Dash: [sounding like shes straining against something] Almost there!

[sound of work stops]

Rainbow Dash: There! Whoo, that was a lot more work than I thought it would be.

Mayor: Well done, let’s hope an accident like this doesn’t happen again for a while! Now if you’ll excuse me, I've got to go and talk with Vinyl about her randomly turning up the volume on that stereo of hers. I should also check up on Deep Blue and make sure shes making a speedy recovery. See you girls later!

[hoofsteps moving away]

Cloud Kicker: I’d better get going as well, the clouds aren’t going to move themselves after all.

Rainbow Dash: Alright, see ya Cloud!

[sounds of pegasus taking off]

Rainbow Dash: [after a brief pause] [quietly] Huh? Is that…? [shouting a greeting] Hey Derpy!

Derpy: Huh? Oh…hi Rainbow Dash

Rainbow Dash: You OK?

Derpy: I’m fine. Might need a muffin later.

Rainbow Dash: Ha! You and those muffins! I prefer cupcakes myself, but whatever. Listen, have you seen Twilight anywhere? I want to ask her if the library’s gotten the latest Daring Do book yet.

Derpy: Twilight? Yeah, I just saw her at Sugar Cube Corner. She’s at a table with Spike, Princess Luna and some other pony.

Rainbow Dash: Some other pony? Who?

Derpy: I don’t know, he’s new in town. He likes muffins too.

Rainbow Dash: Good for him then. Anyway, I’ll see ya round!

[screams of ponies start]

Rainbow Dash: What the hay?!

Dalek: GIVE ME THE DOCTOR! GIVE ME THE DOCTOR! EXTERMINATE! EXTERMINATE!

Rainbow Dash: Pfft, I’ll take care of this! [yelling at the Dalek] Hey, metal brain!

Dalek: EXTERMINATE!

[sound of Dalek laser fire]

Rainbow Dash: Woah, almost got me ther-WHAT THE HAY?!? It just turned those flowers into ash!

Derpy: Maybe Twilight’ll know what to do, after all, she did get rid of that Ursa Minor, she’ll probably be able to handle this as well.

Rainbow Dash: Works for me!
Narrator: Back in the present…

Doctor: [under breath] No, it can’t be

Luna: Whats wrong?

Doctor: It’s followed me! It’s followed me here!

Twilight: Did you have something to do with this?!

Doctor: I…well…yes…but it was unintentional!
[swoosh as Rainbow Dash gets into the Doctor’s face]

Rainbow Dash: And just who the hay are you anyway?!
Doctor: I’m the Doctor and right now I’m the only one who can save you all!

Spike: Why? What is it? What’s coming?

Doctor: A Dalek.

[sound of door bursting open and Dalek entering]

Dalek: DOCTOR! IT’S THE DOCTOR! EXTERMINATE!

Doctor: Get down!

[sound of Dalek laser fire along with the sound of the Doctor rummaging through his suit pockets]

Doctor: Come on, come on! Where is it?!

Twilight: Where’s what?!

Doctor: My sonic screwdriver!

Twilight: Your what?

Doctor: Sonic screwdriver! It’s a small, metal, cylindrical device with a little blue light bulb at the tip.

Twilight: I know what you’re talking about!

Doctor: So you’ve seen it? Do you have it with you?!

Twilight: No…it’s back in the guest room at the library.

Doctor: I AM A BAD PONY! Well, I think it’d be best if I got the Dalek away from everyone else.

Twilight: Everypony.

Doctor: Whatever! It’s after me, so it’s only going to follow me. I’m going to distract it. You get everypony else out of here!

Twilight: But…Doctor-
Doctor: You've been trying to listen and understand me since we met, Twilight Sparkle! Listen to me now and get everypony the hell out of here!
[sound of hoofsteps]

Doctor: Oi! Look at me! Look at me! I’m a target! Look at me!

[sound of multiple Dalek lasers firing one after the other]

Doctor: Come on, it that the best you’ve got?! Come on, look at me! I’m a target begging to get hit!

[more Dalek laser-fire]

Spike: Let’s get out of here!

Luna: Everypony, please move quickly and calmly to the nearest exit!

Spike: Twilight, come on!

Twilight: I'm sorry, Spike. For some reason...I just can't leave him to handle that thing on his own. Even if he is a complete and total nutcase.

Spike: Twilight!

Twilight: I promise I’ll come back! Don’t I always keep my promises?

[sound of hoofsteps moving away]

Spike: Stay safe…

Twilight: Wait a minute…the door to the library is locked! He’ll be doomed if I’m not there in time to let him in!

[sound of a pony galloping]

Twilight: Wait a minute! I can teleport! Why am I wasting my time running?

[sound of magical teleport]

Narrator: Meanwhile, halfway back to the library…

[sound of Dalek death ray firing multiple times, and continues firing at regular intervals throughout the dialogue]

Doctor: That’s right, just keep your eye on me! Focus on me and nopony else! Hey, I remembered the proper term that time!

Doctor: There’s the library! Now if I can just…

[sound of a locked door trying to be opened]

Doctor: I AM A BAD PONY! Why are the doors always locked!

Dalek: EXTERMINATE! EXTERMINATE THE DOCTOR!

Docotr: Why did I forget my sonic screwdriver?!

[sound of hooves pounding uselessly on door]

Doctor: I AM A BAD PONY! [pound of hooves against wood] I AM A BAD PONY! [pound of hooves against wood] I have the strength of a horse and I still can’t open a blasted [pound] wooden [pound] door!

Dalek: DOCTOR! DOCTOR! EXTERMINATE!

Doctor: I wish Donna were still here!

[sound of door opening]

Doctor: WAAH!

[sound of door closing and locking]

Doctor: Wait? WHAT?! How did you get here?

Twilight: Teleportation, duh.

Doctor: Teleportation! Ingenious! I should’ve known you could perform magic, I mean you being a unicorn and all.

Dalek: EXTERMINATE! [muffled by door]

Doctor: Right! Dalek first. Amazement later.

Twilight: Right!

[sound of hooves hurrying up stairs, followed by door bursting open]

Doctor: Aha! There you are!

Twilight: So are you gonna kill it with that?

Doctor: What? Kill a Dalek? With this? Please!

Twilight: Then why’d you race up here to get it?

Doctor: Well I couldn’t just leave my sonic screwdrier behind now could I? Besides, I have a plan that will rid us of our little metallic menace!

Twilight: OK, what’s your plan then?

Doctor: We need to lure it into the TARDIS.

Twilight: So, we’re gonna trap it in there?

Doctor: No! We’re gonna kill it in there. We’ll be in there too.

Twilight: [after short pause] We’re gonna be in that tiny box with that fat…thing?!

Doctor: Just you wait till you see the inside! Ah! We’d best not keep our guest waiting!

[sound of ponies running down stairs, followed by sound of door bursting open]

Doctor: Yes, yes, exterminate and all that. But first, you’ll have to get my friend Twilight and I out of my humble abode! [pause a second] *groan* I forgot, no fingers!

[sound of Doctor clapping his hooves, followed by TARDIS door opening]

Twilight: Are you sure about this Doctor?!

Doctor: Positive!

[sound of Doctor shoving Twilight into TARDIS, followed by TARDIS sounds and the sound of the door closing]

Twilight: *gasp* Where…where are we?

Doctor: Twilight Sparkle of Equestria, I introduce to you the inside of the TARDIS!

Twilight: It’s bigger on the inside!

Doctor: [sarcastically] Is it? I hadn’t noticed. [switch to pondering tone] Hmmm, maybe you ponies aren’t so different from humans after all.

[sound of Dalek pounding on the TARDIS door]

Twilight: Can it get in?

Doctor: Why yes it can. I believe we have around…less than a minute before it gets in.

Twilight: Then what?

Doctor: Then, we take care of it.

Twilight: How?! Do you have a…Dalek-killing machine or something?
Doctor: Nope! Just a brilliantly simple plan!

Doctor: He should be getting in, right, about [sound of Dalek slamming the TARDIS doors open] now!

Doctor: Come on, Ms. Sparkle! Follow me!

Twilight: Doctor, if we get killed I am so going to make you pay for it!

Doctor: And I’d deserve every bit of it. Now just shut up and follow me!

[sound of hooves pounding on metal, and various doors opening and closing]

Twilight: Just how big is your ship?!

Doctor: Picture the biggest ship you’ve ever seen.

Twilight: Ooookkkk.

Doctor: Now forget it, because the TARDIS is infinitely larger.

Twilight: Meaning it can get bigger or shape itself?

Doctor: Exactly, now if I can just find…AHA! Swimming pool!

Twilight: What else do you have in here? A forest?!

Doctor: No, but I’d be lying if I said I hadn’t been considering it. Now, stand right here on the edge of the pool and I’ll be back in a jiffy!

[flashback to Twilight’s promise to Spike]

Twilight: I will come back Spike. I swear it!

Dalek: DOCTOR! DOCTOR! WHERE IS THE DOCTOR!

Twilight: I…I don’t know.

Dalek: NO! NO! YOU KNOW! YOU WERE WITH THE DOCTOR! TELL ME WHERE HE IS OR I SHALL KILL YOU!

Twilight: I…don’t know where he is.

Dalek: LIAR! LIAR! YOU KNOW WHERE HE IS! TELL ME!

Twilight: I don’t know where he is!

Dalek: TELL ME! I SHALL EXTERMINATE HIM!

[sound of Dalek laser being aimed, followed by the sound of wood creaking]

Twilight: You’re right, Dalek. I do know where the Doctor is.

Dalek: WHERE IS HE THEN?!

Twilight: Up

Dalek: WHAT?!

[loud clang followed by the sound of snapping metal]

Dalek: NO! NO! MUST EXTERMINATE THE DOCTOR! MUST EXTERMINATE THE DOCTOR! MUST NOT LOSE!

Doctor: *chuckle* Sorry, my unwanted guest, but you’ve just lost the game!

[sound of Dalek being bucked, followed by a splash and electrical discharge]

Dalek: *screaming*

Doctor: [after screaming subsides] Well, that was easy!

Twilight: Water? That’s its weakness?

Doctor: Too much of it. There’s electricity and a living creature in that suit after all. Just add water and…we both know what happens then.

Twilight: What did you do to make that thing want to kill you?

Doctor: I destroyed its entire species.

Twilight: Oh.

Doctor: And yet, they still seem to keep making unwanted comebacks. Oh well, my work here is done. Let’s get you back to your friends!

Twilight: Thank you, Doctor.

[sound of hoofsteps on metal as the pair walk in silence, followed by the sound of the ship shaking violently]

Twilight: What was that?!

Doctor: [under breath at first] Oh no. No, no, no! [galloping hoofsteps] Why must this always happen to me?!? The Dalek hit the controls with one of its rays!

Twilight: Is that a bad thing for me?

Doctor: Only if the doors cl- [sound of TARDIS doors slamming shut] –ose. Huh, well at least the TARDIS isn’t taking off. [sound of TARDIS taking off] I just had to say it didn’t I?

[sound of levers being pulled and buttons being pushed]

Twilight: Doctor…what’s happening?

Doctor: The TARDIS, it’s damaged and it’s leaving! I can’t stop it!

Twilight: Leaving? I can’t leave! Where’s it taking us?!

Doctor: The question isn’t only where it’s taking us; it’s also when!

[sound of turbulence in TARDIS flight]

Twilight: No! I can’t leave! I can’t go! I promised Spike I’d come back! Take me back! Doctor! Take me back!

Doctor: Hold on Twilight!

Narrator: Meanwhile…

[sound of library door creaking open]

Derpy: Hello? Twilight? Uh...what was his name again? Oh yeah! Doctor? Are any of you in here?

[sound of hoofsteps]

Derpy: Huh, I don’t remember this blue box being here. Police Public Call Box. Wonder what that means. Looks like the door’s open, lets take a peek.

[sound of TARDIS doors slamming shut]

Derpy: What?!

[sound of TARDIS taking off]

Derpy: What? Where? Who? WHAT?

[sound of TARDIS taking off fades away]

Derpy: Twilight? Doctor? Was that you who just left?

Matilda: Yes, it was them.

Derpy: Who…who are you?

Matilda: You’ll come to know me well in time, Derpy Hooves.

Derpy: How do you know my name?

Matilda: How else would I know your name? You told me silly!

Derpy: But I’ve never met you before!

Matilda: But I’ve certainly met you before.

Derpy: What do you mean by that? Have…have you been stalking me?

Matilda: No dearie. Nothing like that. Don’t worry about dear Twilight or the Doctor. You’ll see them again soon. In fact, I only just got back from seeing them.

Derpy: You saw them defeat that creature?

Matilda: No. I know how you feel, Derpy. This may all sound confusing now but, don’t worry, it’ll all make sense in due time.

Derpy: Who the hay are you?! Answer me!

Matilda: A friend. And that's all you need to know for now. Have a nice day Derpy Hooves and be patient! Your time for adventure is coming soon.

[sound of library door creaking open, followed by the sound of a vortex manipulator]

Derpy: Wait!

[sound of galloping out the door]

Derpy: But, where did she go?

Narrator: To be continued…
« Last Edit: 2013 Nov 25, 02:43:51 by HunterOfTheDark »
Dig the wax out of your ears because I've got something to say! He takes the blazing sun in his bare hands and endures the searing heat. A mans man sustained by strength of will. When you hear of the great Kamina they're talking about me! You'd best remember that.

Offline Little Star

• Singing and Voice Acting Extraordinaire
    • View Profile
Re: Doctor Whooves Radio Play
« Reply #1 on: 2013 Sep 01, 11:47:38 »
Well I am totally would try Twilight and Derpy! Man I wish a filly was in this! Uhhh one question, who is Matilda?

AAAAAAND possibly Cloud Kicker.. Heck I'd try Rainbow and Luna. Not Celestia, my voice isn't wise XD

Offline Weremetalwolf

• I will never be a memory
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2013 Sep 01, 11:55:02 »
Matilda is the female donkey who first appears in the episode A Friend in Deed, you know, the one when Pinkie sings the smile song. Also, I'd love to try but I don't think that my voice would match any of the characters X3

Offline HunterOfTheDark

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2013 Sep 01, 23:07:58 »
Well I am totally would try Twilight and Derpy! Man I wish a filly was in this! Uhhh one question, who is Matilda?

AAAAAAND possibly Cloud Kicker.. Heck I'd try Rainbow and Luna. Not Celestia, my voice isn't wise XD

OK, cool! If you could send me an audition for each of the roles you want to try, that would be very helpful :D

Matilda is the female donkey who first appears in the episode A Friend in Deed, you know, the one when Pinkie sings the smile song. Also, I'd love to try but I don't think that my voice would match any of the characters X3

Actually, Matilda is not a donkey, shes a pony. In fact, shes the pony equivalent to River Song.
Dig the wax out of your ears because I've got something to say! He takes the blazing sun in his bare hands and endures the searing heat. A mans man sustained by strength of will. When you hear of the great Kamina they're talking about me! You'd best remember that.

Offline Ryo_D_Disk

• Because British
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2013 Sep 02, 08:15:00 »
Ill certainly take a look into this on my recording day

Offline GuitarBrony

• Musician, VA, and Cosplayer. not always that order
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2013 Sep 07, 17:04:58 »
I may have to try my hand (hoof...?) at this once i get a chance. Sounds like it could be fun  ^-^
My music channels. Stop by if you'd like.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCw5aZPezsQwcJP9T4D1mJ7w
https://soundcloud.com/someponywithaguitar
"I suppose it's just interest... devoid of substance or purpose; a hypothetical pattern... for the satisfaction of bringing it to completion."

Offline HunterOfTheDark

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2013 Sep 09, 00:54:37 »
Ill certainly take a look into this on my recording day
If you could get me an audition as soon as possible, that would be great.

I may have to try my hand (hoof...?) at this once i get a chance. Sounds like it could be fun  ^-^

Nice to hear that you're interested, please send an audition for the character(s) you want to voice.

Offline HunterOfTheDark

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2013 Oct 02, 21:24:54 »
Hey, what gives? I thought you guys were interested in auditioning. So far I've only got one audition, and because nobody else auditioned, he automatically got the role he was trying out for (he got the role of the Doctor, so don't go trying out for him). If you're still interested, please send me an audition as soon as possible.

Offline Ryo_D_Disk

• Because British
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2013 Oct 06, 20:44:29 »
Say everypony I know we often say we are going to do projects and then forget but lets see about getting this off the ground the script is solid and I recon if we put our eforts in we can make this a cool little project so lets see about geting a few more voices in here

and Hunter not to be rude but, it might be worth asking a tad nicer that message above seems a tad forceful and might drive some others away, and dont forget if you do get a better voice than mine use what you feel is best

Offline Little Star

• Singing and Voice Acting Extraordinaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2013 Oct 06, 21:03:50 »
Say everypony I know we often say we are going to do projects and then forget but lets see about getting this off the ground the script is solid and I recon if we put our eforts in we can make this a cool little project so lets see about geting a few more voices in here

Ehhhhh I want to record but i only do filly voices o-o

Offline HunterOfTheDark

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2013 Oct 06, 23:06:37 »
Hunter not to be rude but, it might be worth asking a tad nicer that message above seems a tad forceful and might drive some others away, and dont forget if you do get a better voice than mine use what you feel is best

My apologies, I wasn't intending it to be that forceful  X3

Ehhhhh I want to record but i only do filly voices o-o

Why don't you try doing Derpy, you might have just the voice I'm looking for.

Offline GuitarBrony

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2013 Oct 11, 23:48:09 »
bleargh... really sorry for not doing this... I know i said i'd try. I've been swamped as of late with life-stuff, and just never found time to record ANYTHING, including this... excuses excuses, i know. just wanted to apologize  X3

I assume (hope) Oak Ridge is a male? I will try to get a Spike voice attempt as well... but no promises it'll be any sort of good. always sounds a tad too old...

How much of each do i need to record for audition's sake? I can do as much as you need, but I'd rather not send you more audio than you'd want to listen through.
« Last Edit: 2013 Oct 12, 00:11:58 by GuitarBrony »
"I suppose it's just interest... devoid of substance or purpose; a hypothetical pattern... for the satisfaction of bringing it to completion."

Offline HunterOfTheDark

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2013 Oct 12, 02:57:14 »
bleargh... really sorry for not doing this... I know i said i'd try. I've been swamped as of late with life-stuff, and just never found time to record ANYTHING, including this... excuses excuses, i know. just wanted to apologize  X3

I assume (hope) Oak Ridge is a male? I will try to get a Spike voice attempt as well... but no promises it'll be any sort of good. always sounds a tad too old...

How much of each do i need to record for audition's sake? I can do as much as you need, but I'd rather not send you more audio than you'd want to listen through.

Yes, Oak Ridge is male, as for how much you need to record, I'd say 3-4 lines would be enough, but be careful when voicing Spike, I don't want his to sound too young. Too me, better to sound older than too young.

Offline GuitarBrony

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2013 Oct 12, 15:09:14 »
Alright. cool. I'll definitely focus more on the inflection than the pitch. I'll try to have this done in the next few days. need to not have people right outside my door talking so i can get a good, clean take. I'll just play around with some voices for Oak, and I'll try to get a Dalek recording (because why not?)

Do you want these through like soundcloud, or email, or how?

Offline HunterOfTheDark

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2013 Oct 12, 21:42:05 »
Alright. cool. I'll definitely focus more on the inflection than the pitch. I'll try to have this done in the next few days. need to not have people right outside my door talking so i can get a good, clean take. I'll just play around with some voices for Oak, and I'll try to get a Dalek recording (because why not?)

Do you want these through like soundcloud, or email, or how?
Use whatever you want, it doesn't really matter that much.

Offline delta78

• Live Long and Prosper V_
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2013 Oct 15, 04:47:22 »
I'd like to participate. What I need to do? Only to send you a audio file or is there anything else? On what email I must send you the file?

"Metal and Rock For Ever!"  /)

Offline HunterOfTheDark

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2013 Oct 15, 21:39:43 »
I'd like to participate. What I need to do? Only to send you a audio file or is there anything else? On what email I must send you the file?

Basically what I need you to do is choose a character, record yourself in character reading the character's lines, then send me the file via PM or email

Offline HunterOfTheDark

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2013 Nov 25, 02:44:48 »
Hey guys, its been a while since theres been activity. Isn't there anypony whos interested in this anymore?

Offline delta78

• Live Long and Prosper V_
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2013 Nov 25, 10:34:40 »
Come on everypony! Don't be shy! We all know that you have good vocal cords. Let's make this happen!

Or maybe you are scared 'cause your voices are MINE!  *Demonic laugh*   ovO
"Metal and Rock For Ever!"  /)

Offline HunterOfTheDark

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2014 May 14, 04:28:28 »
Hello everypony! It's been a while since a post was made here. I really want to get this project off the ground, and the only way I'll be able to is with your help. Please either send in an audition, or direct somepony you know who enjoys voice acting to send in an audition.