Regarding this tension in the air...

Started by AlDeezy, 2013 May 27, 20:25:50

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

AlDeezy

Things happened, people quit, information was leaked, threats were issued, apologies were made, people were banned, WHAT IS HAPPENING TO US?

I'm not back for a solid week and LoE has turned into this battlefield, where bullets rain from the sky and people disappear mysteriously? I log in to post ponehs and I find out what's been happening in my absence is the complete opposite of what this game is supposed to stand for. There's this stench going around the forums and I personally can't stand it.

LoE fans, stop talking about the dirty laundry and help pick it up. Spreading the message about what happened is all right and dandy but it does nothing if you pick sides. From what I've seen there's only one side of the story being seen in depth, and that's no justification to jump the gun. Pony up and don't perpetuate the downfall of this project. It's come too far to fail now.

LoE staff underlings, you don't like how you're being treated? Make your voice heard. Part of the reason why this whole shpeel turned out the way it did is because concerns were not heard. MAKE them heard. Find an alternative way to get them heard; this is the internet after all! We can not blame anyone but everyone for what happened and why it happened. This stretches to every. one. Kudos to all of you who quit, but shame on all who didn't speak up about it.

LoE Leaders, above all else, you dropped to ball. Nothing said nor done now can change what happened, so wear your mistakes with pride. Accept the fact you either took part in or watched others take part in activities that you know are wrong. Don't hide anything for the sake of your image, it's already been tarnished. Instead, grab a rag and get to work polishing it again. Apologies are a good start, but mean nothing if you don't follow through.

Everyone, move on. Don't dwell on the now for long. Look to where you want to be, and plan for what you need to do. This project is going to carry on with new footing, or it will die and fall into the vast ocean of the internet. Another failed game project. NONE of us want that. So let's just get it out of our systems now, rethink our positions, and change how we were doing, because obviously we weren't doing it right.

Post your thoughts, however trivial, below. Make yourself heard, so we can all evolve into not only a better community, but into better people.

Albino

So does this give me free reign to post ponies? I:

Cuz I'ma post ponies.

I'm on NightWish now. o3o K.

AlDeezy

Quote from: Albino on 2013 May 27, 20:41:34
So does this give me free reign to post ponies? I:

Cuz I'ma post ponies.

I suppose it does, yes. Thank you for filling my daily d'aww levels.

Nightmare702

This takes serious guts man... I envy you, and lets hope this gets heard and makes a HUGE difference (The good kind :D).
~Deleted, wat?~

Rissian

Let's lighten this tension.
[ Invalid YouTube link ]

AlDeezy

Billow Pillow

2013 May 27, 23:43:13 #6 Last Edit: 2013 May 28, 02:36:16 by Lyra Heartstrings
This song is perfect for the staffs current situations, remember we're all human, and no one's perfect.  Let us all learn from Twilight's mistakes.

My Thoughts.  ovO

Spoiler: show
Senpai Notice me

LOE Craft: Here
My OC: Here
Dragon Cave Click Meow.

Rissian

And finally this song.  :3

But yeah just to cheer up people, we probably shouldn't post too many since it'd kinda lag.

Tekner

Quote from: AlDeezy on 2013 May 27, 20:25:50
LoE staff underlings, you don't like how you're being treated? Make your voice heard. Part of the reason why this whole shpeel turned out the way it did is because concerns were not heard. MAKE them heard. Find an alternative way to get them heard; this is the internet after all! We can not blame anyone but everyone for what happened and why it happened. This stretches to every. one. Kudos to all of you who quit, but shame on all who didn't speak up about it.
I would like to publicly make myself heard that two team leads called me a potato and a doody head, respectively. My feelings were so hurt that I forgot how to cry DD:

Tiger

I'm not sure I'll ever fully regain faith.

A link to my tumblr above!
Tiger's OC page. Should re-do it...

CyanideInsanity

The wind does seem to carry foreboding news... Hopefully if it was as bad as it seems, it will be a learning experience... If not... :s Even now there are some things going about that I'm unsure of...
Sugarcup, I thank thee for the AWESOME avatar!
I like my weapons, how I like my music: Heavy and Metal!
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/CyanideInsanity

Night Pony

2013 May 28, 03:28:03 #11 Last Edit: 2013 May 28, 05:17:49 by Night Pony
So let's see what's happening. Information was leaked about how TLs troll and namecall (amongst other things) members of their team and other team members. Instead of trying to explain their side everyone treat this as a joke and pretends that this didn't happen.
"Not always acting like professionals?"  Yeah you are proving of not acting when the situation needs.

I want to thank all of the artist that have drawn my OCs.
Night Shine and Moon Violet

Blues-Music

Here's an idea:
Let's not complain about it by making threads , or posts about it. Everything you're talking about is not why things are falling apart. The forums are just not as active as they used to be. This game is less interesting now. What everyone needs to do is be more community friendly.

We need to invite more ponies to join the community. That will lead more talented ones to appear , and to help in making the game , and others to liven up the forums.

We need to be more in touch with each other. We need more group projects. We could all go out gaming online , making art , listening to music , or generally chatting just to get in touch with each other.

We can't keep blaming the team leaders for what's happening. Tell me who else would finish this project without them? Come on people don't SOME of you remember equestria online? I remember how all of us were friendly to the community. Tons of people were pushing others forward. In fact a lot of us from Equestria online were looked up to. We all had some spot special for us. We used to guide new people in , and welcome new additions.

So who's with me?

CyanideInsanity

2013 May 28, 05:28:45 #13 Last Edit: 2013 May 28, 05:31:46 by CyanideInsanity
Oi, Blues-music! You're definitely on the right track, but several things need to be kept in mind though. You can't solve a rubik's cube by making only one side a solid color. Having a good, welcoming, and nice community is only part of the pie. If indeed there has been a lot of miscommunication and a general air of disorganization, confusion, and belittlement going on, a change is absolutely necessary for this project to come to fruition.

A machine can't work properly and efficiently if its parts are missing, broken, or disjointed. :nod: That's part of the reason some are talking about what happened so strongly. We all want to see this game become a reality, but there may be potential hazards to that which need to be taken care of immediately.

At the end of the day, once people put down their metaphoric torches and pitchforks, even if what happened was brought exponentially out of proportion, so long as people aren't pointing and shouting "WITCH!", this should hopefully invigorate the team to work harder or better!

Nobody but those on the team know exactly what has been transpiring. If its true, this should hopefully help them realize change is necessary; if false, this should hopefully deter them from this if they have ever thought about it.

Even with a great community, terrible work ethics could turn this game into the brony aliens colonial marines or the walking dead: survival instinct. You don't just let someone make a mistake, you tell them and help them learn from their mistakes!

Tiger

I'd agree to both of you, but how do we know if the team leaders are REALLY going to change? For all we know, they might not even care about the game anymore and just want fame and glory. (No offense intended)

Blues-Music

Okay I meant everything about the community. I said I didn't blame the team because I was afraid of getting banned , but after a recent chat I'm going to say what's on my mind.

I hate how things are going. We thought it was all happy , but after the recent info that has appeared I think things can't go on like this. I also hate the recent bans that have happened considering the info that was released was not sabotage. It would have been sabotage if it was fake , but recently we found out it wasn't. So why not just change? What's so good about this path anyway?

However even though I like the idea of this game , and I would hate if anything happened to it I want the community to survive either way. I only played the game for two days , and it was some fun , but i've been in this community for memorable years , and in that time the game was not released. I still had fun without it. Because these forums , IRC chats , Skype groups , and other stuff were really fun.

Ask yourself this. You spent your time here because you wanted the game to come out. Did you have fun? If you didn't then I don't know why you're here , but if you did then you should realize that we didn't play the game have fun. We were all one fun community.

I think the game is great. I would love for it to come out , but not this way. However if there is something that happened to the community It would be terrible. Apparently what has recently happened has made the community suffer from things such as leader hatred , and such.

I repeat I love this game , but I love the community even more. So that's why I decided to work on a project that will hopefully revive the community.

CyanideInsanity

Yup! That's the kind of thing we need; something to invigorate EVERYONE here. All of those on the team, and all of us in our little community. Fame and greed are not part of what the show tries to teach; instead kindness, acceptance, and forgiveness are!

Them may have royally messed up, but its not like change isn't part of human nature. Scoldings are necessary for many things, but hopefully its not too late for EVERYONE to turn around, acknowledge what happened, and work towards a brighter future. Mistakes were made; that's for sure, but torches and pitchforks are really only good for, well, their actual uses!

I'm pointing this at everyone, too. Every single individual involved in the incident, those who are in the aftermath, and those that who weren't even involved. Don't forget, but don't follow blindly either.

I'm hopeful that all loose ends can be fixed, but not blindly though. History is a great asset to learn from!

Tiger

And what if they don't? What if they continue to hold their heads high, denying the truth? They might not even care about the development of the game anymore. They might let the game collapse and leave it in ruins.

I'm not trying to badmouth the TLs, but we all know this is a possibility. We don't know how long they've been like this and we don't know if they can change.

Blues-Music

Like I said I don't like what they did at all. I'm not saying I'm okay with it , or believing that change will happen. All I'm saying is that to me. That is not something I care about that much.

Ryo_D_Disk

Ok  this shall be the final time I address this manner on the forums considering I have a hunch im not in the best books to begin with

Now then Ryo Rant time and first allow me to ask a simple question "Who Cares" Now don't take that the wrong way all I'm saying is these events don't truly affect us the forum goers, development teams are fine. This affected the Public relations team, not development, at most it may just turn a few heads away at best. The announcements will still be posted the same but now from a different voice.

As for the team again I can't comment because it doesn't affect me because I'm not on the team, if anything happens I'm pretty sure there mature enough to deal with it and if not then I'm sorry guys but you probably just affected motivation 
As for that so called "Leak" although I have not seen the footage I read the comments guess what it reveals NOTHING, you would have more fun watching some of the lets players on the pre alpha and watching the livestreams at least there you can have a fun time rather than reading some random persons comments about the what's there, and reveal what you could find out from the sources available here.
But regardless as far as im concerned forum life continues as normal, I daren't say this but I come here more for the company and the forumers rather than the game as much, true I'm looking forward to when the games playable but I'm more than aware its a long road
Do I trust the Team Leaders .... yes but I won't lie in saying I've lost a tad amount of respect for some. Will that change the way I act on the forums... Bwahaahah oh By Celestia's beard no, In every respect this forum is my home so come rain or shine Ill be here until the end

So lets all end this and carry life on as normal the time it took me to write this, could have easly been spent posting 5 off topic things or starting a roleplay or heck even recording a song so lets not dwell and lets Love and tolerate again

Go Up