Leaving the herd?

Started by LeviathanTS, 2015 May 09, 12:16:00

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

LeviathanTS

I have been in this fandom for a long time now, and have discovered there's a less... appropriate side to it,
I have been limiting how much I explore the fandom to avoid what is out there...

But unfortunately this side of the fandom is more significant than I originally thought...
I thought I had finally found a group to which I belong, but this view is waning as the days go by

I have enjoyed talking and playing with each of you and will continue to be active here

I will always be a fan of MLP, and whether or not you consider me a brony still is up to you,

LoE is my favourite part of the fandom, and there is a lot of good music, art and fanfics out there that I enjoy still

What finally got to me was the same discussions occurring in clan chats that I obviously won't share here, however the final message in chat was 'Don't we all in this clan?"

I am interested in what you may have to say in all this
br /><br />Alastor created the amazing banner of the Chat-O-Landians! 8)
(Peace Keeper originally created my pfp, but it has since broken :( Hi, I'm Frost Burn, I like to help if I can! if you need me, I'm here :D

Chishio Kunrin

That side of the fandom is why I can't just look up pony fanart and scroll through the results showing tons of it to little kids who like MLP. :c It's really sad. I'd have to look them up ahead of time, but I don't really want to risk it, since this one little girl is so oblivious about the internet that she wants to surf it herself and wants me to click everything that looks even remotely interesting to her.

One time, I was on DeviantArt while she was here, and my mom made me go to the kitchen and cook. I turned around, and the little girl was in my chair, clicking through pony pictures on DeviantArt. I wanted to go over there and stop her, but my mom kept demanding that I stay standing in front of the stove and cook. I tried to argue with her that the kid shouldn't be surfing DeviantArt, but my mom insisted I stay in front of the stove. So, I stayed and kept glancing over at the computer screen. It gave me so much anxiety. >.<

This is why I don't mind the Steven Universe fans who are paranoid about people calling themselves Gemtlemen. They're afraid that if male fans start calling themselves Gemtlemen, those fans will start making inappropriate stuff like the people who are that type of brony. They want kids who like Steven Universe to be able to look at cool stuff of their favorite characters without running into something bad, so they insist that we all keep the fandom appropriate. As a result, I've seen nothing but appropriate, beautiful, fun, funny, and cute fanart!

"(Ticktock, time is running out) What are you doing now?
I don't know where you are, don't even know your name.
They think I'm crazy, my heartbeat goes up..."

Lync Volan

2015 May 09, 15:19:01 #2 Last Edit: 2015 May 09, 15:22:44 by Lync Volan
I always have to remind myself to put google filter whenever i search for Mlp stuff using Google images :l

Post Merge

P.s:this is the only reason i fear bringing my little cousin into the fandom
(she already shows an interest in the show though)

Weremetalwolf

Internet can be a dangerous place for those that are not used or know about the dark side of it. We try our best always keep this site clean, appropriate and safe for everyone, reason why we are forced to punish those that bring up "that" kind of things.
I first watched the MLP series around three years ago and quickly became really interested in it, which later brought me in this site. I really liked that show because it was funny without the need of making things inappropriate.
It's unthinkable to demand that every single person should not do those kind of arts and anything else because it would take out the freedom of expression that the internet is but there always are those that like boast for what they did and everything by not saying that what they did is not clean, hence making everyone, even those that were casually browsing some nice and clean pictures, see them.

Obviously, everyone have their liking and point of the MLP series is "Love and tolerate" but it's not right to force others into "that" kind of things, regardless if you like it or not. Point of this particular is also "Respect the others" it's the first and golden rule for a reason.

Using a filter is already a good start if you want to not see "that" kind of contents but you'll eventually end up with one of those, willing or not. Best thing would be, in fact, tolerate and move on (along with the filter).
<br />My channel<br />My DA<br /><br />

Sunshine Smash

I've learned to accept it. You can't have the good a a without the bad. Every fandom has bad sides, this fandom just has a bigger bad because it's a large fandom. I don't care what others like or don't like. I'm a Brony because I like it, not what others like.

Deep inside..... We're kindred spirits...... You..... And I......

LeviathanTS

To address the topic question then, no, I will not be leaving the herd
And I will consider myself a brony

At the time of starting this thread, it felt like I were the only one with this view
But that is obviously not true, thanks for replying

and now this thread leaves a scar on the forums, sorry I guess  X3

I guess people can keep saying their views on the topic though

(Peace Keeper originally created my pfp, but it has since broken :( Hi, I'm Frost Burn, I like to help if I can! if you need me, I'm here :D

Sunshine Smash

Quote from: LeviathanTS on 2015 May 09, 18:58:39
To address the topic question then, no, I will not be leaving the herd
And I will consider myself a brony

At the time of starting this thread, it felt like I were the only one with this view
But that is obviously not true, thanks for replying

and now this thread leaves a scar on the forums, sorry I guess  X3

I guess people can keep saying their views on the topic though

I don't consider this a scar. Quite frankly I actually was pretty bitter about things these days, questioning myself on why I'm still here, as some people in the fandom annoy me.

This thought process reminded me of why I'M here, not why others are. I don't care what others do here. I'm here for myself. And if I find some awesome places with some awesome people, like this forum, that's awesome.

In short, this topic made me remember why I'm here in the first place, so I have you to thank for this. Thanks, man!  ^-^

Deep inside..... We're kindred spirits...... You..... And I......

LeviathanTS

Quote from: Sunshine Smash on 2015 May 09, 19:12:14
I don't consider this a scar. Quite frankly I actually was pretty bitter about things these days, questioning myself on why I'm still here, as some people in the fandom annoy me.

This thought process reminded me of why I'M here, not why others are. I don't care what others do here. I'm here for myself. And if I find some awesome places with some awesome people, like this forum, that's awesome.

In short, this topic made me remember why I'm here in the first place, so I have you to thank for this. Thanks, man!  ^-^

I'm pretty much going to say the same back, you have reminded me why I am here, all of you, and I want to thank you all for it ^-^

Go Up