Scariest MLP villain?

Started by Dream Bolt, 2014 Oct 13, 13:26:35

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Dream Bolt

Okay, this has been on my mind for a while, and I just want to ask everypony what they think. We all have our own favorite villains, but which villain do you honestly think is the scariest? After all, we have:

Nightmare Moon: Brings everlasting night. And she can hunt you even in your dreams.

Discord: He can corrupt your spirit, turn your entire world upside down, and pretty much do anything he likes to you. The only thing keeping him from doing anything truly harmful is his childish whimsy... which could change at any moment.

Queen Chrysalis: She can be anyone... even your dearest loved ones. And she is not alone. There are many more like her.

King Sombra: An incorporeal, eldrich presence who can send you to a world of your greatest fears and insecurities.

Sunset Shimmer: A demon lurks behind that smug smile, and she can turn people into her personal zombie slaves. She has great power... but not the wisdom on how to reign it in.

The Everfree Forest It can be anywhere... perhaps right beneath your hooves. (Remember how it attacked even in Canterlot?) And there isn't a single mind. You'r fighting an entire environment... which could return if even the smallest seed is left.

Tirek: He can steal everything that makes you powerful... and everything that makes you special. (He steals Cutie Marks too, remember?)

Oh, and I know Luna, Sunset, and Discord are reformed. I'm referring to the time that they weren't.

So, post your thoughts! Who is the scariest MLP villain? :I

Tiger

2014 Oct 13, 21:04:30 #1 Last Edit: 2014 Oct 13, 21:07:05 by Tiger
Well, if we're talking first-impression-wise and appearance-wise, Chrysalis definitely came off as really creepy to me, as compared to the others. Especially the first time she appeared.

But since we're talking about the villain as a whole, I think I'd choose Sombra. A person's greatest fear can do anything to them. Also, mind control.

A link to my tumblr above!
Tiger's OC page. Should re-do it...

Howitzer

LoE not working as it should? Submit bugs here: http://phabricator.legendsofequestria.com/maniphest/task/edit/form/1/
------->  Jurassic Systems <-----------

cloudwilk

Quote from: Howitzer on 2014 Oct 13, 23:03:44

No Doubt

Oh my gosh, yes. If everfree forest counts... somehow... then that thing and all the other beasts count, too. The manticore and three-headed goat/tiger thing had too much personality to creep me out and dragons are just awesome to me... but... I always thought cockatrice were disturbing.

[I]"Want to see where I came from??"[/I]Jump into the portal and find out!

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: cloudwilk on 2014 Oct 15, 21:51:13
Quote from: Howitzer on 2014 Oct 13, 23:03:44

No Doubt

Oh my gosh, yes. If everfree forest counts... somehow... then that thing and all the other beasts count, too. The manticore and three-headed goat/tiger thing had too much personality to creep me out and dragons are just awesome to me... but... I always thought cockatrice were disturbing.

The three-headed goat tiger thing was a chimera, in the more traditional mythological form. Though, they usually actually have a goat head, a big wild cat head, a dragon head, and a snake for a tail.
Kinda like...
Spoiler: show

*Shrug* I chose the least scary picture I could find that portrays a chimera pretty well. I almost went for the D&D art of a chimera out of personal bias, but I figured it was a little too dark.

"(Ticktock, time is running out) What are you doing now?
I don't know where you are, don't even know your name.
They think I'm crazy, my heartbeat goes up..."

MrEmu

Hooves down, scariest villain...
Spoiler: Eeyup • show

Nuserame

Pinkemena. Stuff of nightmares! *shudder*
Slate Grey, my OC! Awesome profile picture by Bakasan94

Violet Pick

I would say Tirek was the 'scariest' one yet. I mean hes a frickin' devil!   :0

Oh and on EQG Sunset shimmer was kinda creepy o-O
-Violet Pick, At your service

Icy Shield

2014 Oct 21, 22:29:39 #8 Last Edit: 2014 Oct 21, 22:31:17 by Icy Shield
Sunset Shimmer in any forms: Demon, human or pony

Let it snow!

Etherdrone

Asterian Starfall

2014 Oct 25, 14:37:33 #10 Last Edit: 2014 Oct 25, 14:45:24 by Asterian
Spoiler: Scariest? • show
Well, that depends on the parameters of "scary". If you're talking about the one that most frightens you by physical form, then I'd have to say Tirek.

Spoiler: Most feared? • show
This is different from being scary; this is about weighting in power to judge which of the villains/villainesses are the most dangerous.

Tirek has the power to enslave and destroy, but he must first leech a LOT of power before that happens.

Sunset Shimmer isn't too much of a threat, shockingly enough. She has virtually no direct power of her own and required the Element of Magic to even break out and begin doing considerable damage.

Discord... He's somewhat in the gray area between "massive threat" and "no threat at all", given his unpredictability. Sure, he can warp perceptions an hypnotize, but that depends on the victim's mental fortitude to resist such an "attack". One of strong will could easily avoid this.

Nightmare Moon is probably the most lethal one here, but perhaps not the most dangerous. Why will be explained, but with the ability to blot out the sun is the ability to starve the world and freeze it over into a new ice age.

Chrysalis has to be, in my honest opinion, the most dangerous. She can take on the guise of anyone she encounters and feed of the love shown towards them, growing stronger. May I remind everyone that she over-powered Celestia by herself? As if tricks and love-feeding weren't bad enough, consider this: she disguises as your closest friend, then gives you false intel, saying that you'll be betrayed by (friend, family, government, etc.). Surely, one would question it, but coming from your close "friend", you'd soon believe it, and you yourself may wind up severing once-deep ties out of paranoia.

As someone who plays Team Fortress 2 and mains Spy, I understand the leverage that paranoia gives to someone who can wield it and what it can do to people afflicted by it. It causes hesitation, and hesitation can cause your worst fears to come alive. Chrysalis and the TF2 Spy share this trait in that both of them use tactics to make their victim(s) question their own motives, relationships, and true nature. With the Spy, he systematically eliminates your teammates and isolates you, while Chrysalis tricks you into doing that to yourself.
"Luck is how you explain an overly-variabled scenario that went in your favor." - Asterian Élire Starfall

Griffon

Princess Celestia: Ah, Philomena, my pet. You're awake.

Dream Dust

I have to say King Sombra. The one scene where the one pony runs away crying, "I can't take it!" really makes me think he was more evil than a kids' show could explain :'(. The thought that these ponies lived with that kind of fear for a thousand years, hidden away in time; I think that's just really evil. I wish there were more back story.

Go Up