Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate

Started by RainbowDash, 2015 Feb 27, 06:13:30

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Rikaria

2015 Mar 23, 19:08:43 #120 Last Edit: 2015 Mar 23, 19:10:38 by Rikaria
Quote from: Sakura_Blossom on 2015 Mar 23, 18:21:27
I need help with the first Capture quest. I'm not sure what I'm supposed to do.

It's just as it sounds: you capture the monster. The catch (pun intended) is that it needs to reach a certain % first before you can try to do so. The items required for it are (I think) the last two/three items given to you in the Supply Box.

That quest also serves as somewhat of a tutorial in that you can also capture (most) large monsters; the reason why is because the rewards given by doing so can differ depending on the monster.
If I'm not here, I'm most likely on Pokémon Shuffle's Miiverse community.

Sakura_Blossom

Well I was able to complete that capture quest but now im stuck on the giant spider thing

Sunshine Smash

Quote from: Sakura_Blossom on 2015 Mar 23, 20:55:25
Well I was able to complete that capture quest but now im stuck on the giant spider thing

To capture or to hunt?

I'm stuck on solo Pink Rathian myself. I KEEP HITTING AND HITTING! BUT IT JUST WOULDN'T GO DOWN!

Deep inside..... We're kindred spirits...... You..... And I......

Rikaria

Pink Rathian (and Azure Rathalos, for that matter) are pretty stubborn once they take flight; if you can blind them via a certain Flash item while they're in the air, they'll fall straight down.

Sunshine Smash

Quote from: Rikaria on 2015 Mar 23, 22:57:12
Pink Rathian (and Azure Rathalos, for that matter) are pretty stubborn once they take flight; if you can blind them via a certain Flash item while they're in the air, they'll fall straight down.

I know how to fight those annoying things, it's just that they won't go down, even after 15 minutes of constant fighting.....

Rikaria

Ohhhhhhhh, I think I get what you mean now... Yeah, they have a lot of health, though
Spoiler: show
just wait till you fight the Gold and Silver subspecies.

Sakura_Blossom

Just Fight it, and I just keep failing.

RainbowDash

Quote from: Sakura_Blossom on 2015 Mar 24, 04:35:05
Just Fight it, and I just keep failing.

Learn the movement of the monster and look for openings. Be patient! Quests give you a long time to finish them. Try to dodge after strikes you will recover faster.

Most of the new players don't know that, when you sprint away from a big monster and hitting the dodge button will let your character jump making him invulnerable for the duration of his jump.

Rikaria

Quote from: RainbowDash on 2015 Mar 24, 11:43:32
Most of the new players don't know that, when you sprint away from a big monster and hitting the dodge button will let your character jump making him invulnerable for the duration of his jump.

AKA the Superman dive :P Seriously though, this WILL save you if used correctly.

Chromastone64

Me and my friend either call that the "Super Dodge" or the "Faceplant" ^-^
But yeah, you have NO IDEA how many times that's saved us.
A self-proclaimed "jack-of-all-media-types". I tend to say "freaking" a lot.<br />My OCs: http://forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=13316.0

Sunshine Smash

Quote from: Chromastone64 on 2015 Mar 24, 12:04:35
Me and my friend either call that the "Super Dodge" or the "Faceplant" ^-^
But yeah, you have NO IDEA how many times that's saved us.

That thing always saved me in 3U against the Brachydios, Agnakator, and Ivory Lagiacrus. Life saver right there. ^-^

Rikaria

2015 Mar 24, 12:25:02 #131 Last Edit: 2015 Mar 24, 12:40:21 by Rikaria
Just a note: unless you have Guard Up and are a shield user, there are some attacks that can't be defended against; although dodgerolling is also an option, you're better off divedodging to not get hit by said attacks. DON'T attempt this if the monster's doing a combo attack (like Rathian's triple charge).

Sakura_Blossom

I think my problem is the status effects. I keep getting caught in webs.

Rikaria

The webs are easy to dodge, honestly. Like RainbowDash said, learn the attack patterns before attacking. Though what each monster decides to do is random, they only ever have a handful hoof-full of attacks.

Sunshine Smash

I'm done with my current plan. I'm going with my old MH3U plan. Slash away with some dual blades, no matter how dangerous.

RainbowDash

Caught in the webs? Button Mash.
Paralysed aka. Flying stars? Button Mash.
Sleepy? Button Mash.
Burning? Yeah guess
Spoiler: show
just roll a few times.

Blastblight aka. TNT? Same as above
Smelly? Go get a shower  0:) or a deodorant
Caught in snow? You're screwd unless someone helps.  :c
Bleeding? You learn what to do ingame :3

Yeah iam missing some but those are the most common in my opinion

Rikaria

2015 Mar 24, 22:35:26 #136 Last Edit: 2015 Mar 24, 22:42:53 by Rikaria
Making corrections:
  • For Snow, you can just keep mashing buttons to attempt to break out faster if you don't wanna wait on someone (or something) to hit you.

• For all Elemental Blights including Blastblight, you can roll to get rid of them quicker (Fireblight can be removed immediately if you roll into water; other Blights--especially Dragon--take longer, though). Of course, you can always use a Nullberry.

• For Sleep(y), have your Palicoes or other Hunters (in multiplayer) hit you before a monster does; whatever damage you take when you fall asleep is (I think) 3x as much as a normal hit; the same applies to sleeping monsters.

• Stunned (stars around your head) can be removed quicker if you rotate the Circle Pad quickly.

Also, Paralysis (you're on the ground and can't move) can probably be removed quicker via button mashing, but I haven't fully tested that yet. What I know for sure is that if a Palico hits you, you'll be sent flying, but you're invincible during that animation which also gets rid of the Paralysis.

Chromastone64

OMG.
Spoiler: Spoiler for the final monster of multi high rank • show
Okay, first off, Dalamadaur (I just call it Dalamud) is awesome. Secondly, ME AND MY FRIEND HIT THE MOTHERLODE YESTERDAY!!
Its rare drop is the Skyblade Gem, right? Here's what happened to me:
Cut tail. Carve= Skyblade Gem
Monster Carves= Skyblade Gem
Reward screen= A THIRD SKYBLADE GEM!!!
A self-proclaimed "jack-of-all-media-types". I tend to say "freaking" a lot.<br />My OCs: http://forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=13316.0

Rikaria

Congrats :D

...Have fun with G Rank, heh.

Sakura_Blossom

There is this black dragon thing I cant beat

Go Up