Legends of Equestria announces Open Server Weekend Spectacular!

Started by Ellowee, 2013 Jun 07, 10:07:58

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Ellowee

Exciting news everyone!
Missed the first Pre-Alpha Stress Test?
The Legends of Equestria Development Team is here for you!

I have just received word that during the weekend of Everfree Northwest 2013, July 5-7th, Legends of Equestria will be opening its servers to the public once again! Jump online and explore an expansive world while hanging out with friends and fans alike. Legends of Equestria will be available to download from the official website. Attending Everfree Northwest? Legends of Equestria will be available via flash drive at Everfree Northwest's gaming table in conference room Columbia A.  All Legends of Equestria accounts are made through the Legends of Equestria forum, so register before attending! Afterwards, why not check to see if your computer meets our system requirements at this page: http://forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=2189.0
I look forward to seeing you there!

Dragongirl45

Well strangely the download link doesn't show the game,Is this some kind of bug or?.. :s

Dragongirl45

Ryo_D_Disk

Well you can count me in No sleep for the wicked it apears I shall pull the all nighters like before

Rikaria

Just curious: if we still have the files from the pre-Alpha event (I'll admit, I didn't bother removing them), does that mean we won't have to download again and will just have to download a patch or something? Or will it have to be a completely fresh (re)install?
If I'm not here, I'm most likely on Pokémon Shuffle's Miiverse community.

KirbyFluttershy

Well that only happens when you deleted the game for more space in the hard drive reasons. I have to re-install it as well due to another MMORPG that i'm playing.

The question i'd like to ask was, will our characters stay intact or do we still have the characters within account? (If you guys what I mean)
3DS Friend Code: 2363-5641-1771
Final Fantasy XI Char/Server: Chiririn / Asura
Yo-kai Watch Wibble Wobble Player Code & Username: 1qmgdmug / KirbySh

Tekner

Quote from: Rikaria on 2013 Jun 07, 13:22:46
Just curious: if we still have the files from the pre-Alpha event (I'll admit, I didn't bother removing them), does that mean we won't have to download again and will just have to download a patch or something? Or will it have to be a completely fresh (re)install?
You will have to delete and re-download the game. We don't have a working updater yet, and don't forget that all the progress we make isn't just on the server. You need the client data to be updated too.

Quote from: KirbyFluttershy on 2013 Jun 07, 13:41:03
The question i'd like to ask was, will our characters stay intact or do we still have the characters within account? (If you guys what I mean)
Due to the space your characters took up, that we have to continually make changes that make even our characters out of date, and that being able to make your character start out as a stallion/mare is cheating in a way because the full game won't be like that, your characters have since, and will be after this stress-test too, removed.

Dark_Twilight

@Tekner

Will there be a "bug report" subforum or the game is still in too early stage for that?

KirbyFluttershy

So i'm guessing that when the last stress-test has ended, our characters will be deleted and then we have to remake the characters this time am i right?
3DS Friend Code: 2363-5641-1771
Final Fantasy XI Char/Server: Chiririn / Asura
Yo-kai Watch Wibble Wobble Player Code & Username: 1qmgdmug / KirbySh

McSleuthburger

Quote from: KirbyFluttershy on 2013 Jun 07, 15:25:12
So i'm guessing that when the last stress-test has ended, our characters will be deleted and then we have to remake the characters this time am i right?

Yes all the previous characters made have been wiped out (it will most likely happen again after this event as well)

Edit - wrong information whoops
Ye-olde ex mod
You've just been McSleuthburgered!

That_Blue_pony

Rikaria

Quote from: Tekner on 2013 Jun 07, 14:32:29You will have to delete and re-download the game. We don't have a working updater yet, and don't forget that all the progress we make isn't just on the server. You need the client data to be updated too.

Okay, so where are the files at from the prevoius pre-Alpha event?

Night Pony

Brace yourselves! The "from where I can download/can get the game" questions are coming.

I want to thank all of the artist that have drawn my OCs.
Night Shine and Moon Violet

McSleuthburger

Quote from: Rikaria on 2013 Jun 07, 16:09:15
Quote from: Tekner on 2013 Jun 07, 14:32:29You will have to delete and re-download the game. We don't have a working updater yet, and don't forget that all the progress we make isn't just on the server. You need the client data to be updated too.

right now they are not available, everything you need will be available for download when the weekend comes
Ye-olde ex mod
You've just been McSleuthburgered!

HerpyDooves

Looking forward to the open weekend! ;)

I'd like to see how much has gotten done since September. . .

Dragnmastralex

I hope they have optimized the game some to run on multiple different OS and older systems.
[/center]

That_Blue_pony

Quote from: Night Pony on 2013 Jun 07, 16:10:51
Brace yourselves! The "from where I can download/can get the game" questions are coming.

Not the "where I can download/can get the game" questions!  >A<

Rikaria

Quote from: McSleuthburger on 2013 Jun 07, 16:19:51
Quote from: Rikaria on 2013 Jun 07, 16:09:15

right now they are not available, everything you need will be available for download when the weekend comes

Sorry, let me clarify: I still have the files from the previous pre-Alpha event. Where are they located on my PC so I can delete them?

Go Up