Writing Auditions Round Two Begin Now!

Started by Ellowee, 2013 Jul 11, 19:53:19

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Asterian Starfall

Quote from: InsertCoolUsernameHere on 2013 Jul 19, 23:02:53
That prompt though...  :I

I know, but it's not as hard as one would think. The tricky part for me will probably stopping myself at 2000 words, because I usually write lengthy, elaborate stories.
"Luck is how you explain an overly-variabled scenario that went in your favor." - Asterian Élire Starfall

InsertCoolUsernameHere

Quote from: Asterian on 2013 Jul 20, 10:25:45
I know, but it's not as hard as one would think. The tricky part for me will probably stopping myself at 2000 words, because I usually write lengthy, elaborate stories.

I'm right there with you. I've never had to limit myself to 2000 words before. That's going to be the biggest struggle for me.

Asterian Starfall

Well, I wish you and the other 23 good luck.

To the others, pats on the back for effort!
"Luck is how you explain an overly-variabled scenario that went in your favor." - Asterian Élire Starfall

BerryFrost

2013 Jul 21, 10:16:18 #63 Last Edit: 2013 Jul 22, 15:31:20 by BerryFrost
Quote from: InsertCoolUsernameHere on 2013 Jul 20, 13:20:19
Quote from: Asterian on 2013 Jul 20, 10:25:45

I'm right there with you. I've never had to limit myself to 2000 words before. That's going to be the biggest struggle for me.

Yeah, the subject is not a really common one and keeping in under 2000 is quite the challenge.
It's quite weird that keeping it under is hard. For some people, getting there is impossible.

Edit : I tell you all good luck. I just sent my version and, I might say, it's not my best work. I hope it'll be okay though.
Life is short. Ponies are short. Thus, life is ponies.

Asterian Starfall

Well, I just turned in my work... Now the real battle begins for me: The Wait...

Good luck, everypony!

InsertCoolUsernameHere

Quote from: Asterian on 2013 Jul 23, 11:34:20
Well, I just turned in my work... Now the real battle begins for me: The Wait...

Good luck, everypony!

I don't know how you've survived this long. I just submitted mine and I'm already sure I'll die of wracked nerves before I hear word back  lol

Good luck to you, and everyone else as well.

BerryFrost

*Discord Voice*

TIMES UP, EVERYPONY!

MUHAHAHA!!!

InsertCoolUsernameHere

Quote from: BerryFrost on 2013 Jul 25, 23:33:40
*Discord Voice*

TIMES UP, EVERYPONY!

MUHAHAHA!!!

Now we just have to wait to get that e-mail with all our rated stories.

Excuse me while I proceed to refresh my inbox every five seconds.

ArtsyRosey

Hey everypony, first timer on the message boards. I'd just like to say that after sending in my story, I can't stop checking my inbox  X3
We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths.
-Walt Disney

Retrokinesis

The waiting really is the hardest part! As crazy as the prompt was, I think I managed it acceptably. I'm comfortable with it!

Good luck to my fellow contestants!

ArtsyRosey

Quote from: Retrokinesis on 2013 Jul 26, 08:23:20
The waiting really is the hardest part! As crazy as the prompt was, I think I managed it acceptably. I'm comfortable with it!

Good luck to my fellow contestants!

Good luck to you too! I wish I was comfortable with my story. I can't write under 2,000 words  DD:
We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths.
-Walt Disney

BerryFrost

Quote from: ArtsyRosey on 2013 Jul 26, 15:04:05

Good luck to you too! I wish I was comfortable with my story. I can't write under 2,000 words  DD:

I can't count under 2000. What is 1967?

Good luck to you too.

InsertCoolUsernameHere

Is this wait killing everyone else as much as it is me?

No one has gotten an e-mail, right? I'm just curious (and by curious I mean freaking out that I may have done something wrong, resulting in me not getting word backX3

Asterian Starfall

To answer your question, CoolUserName, I don't think anypony's gotten an e-mail.

The way it's working is that everyone who's already on the team is judging us and giving out scores, which Mr. Stonewood then has to compile and choose the best from those scores. He will then e-mail everyone with a document revealing the scores. I anticipate another 3 days wait.

But who knows? They could be sending the e-mails right now.

InsertCoolUsernameHere

Quote from: Asterian on 2013 Jul 28, 11:55:40
judging us and giving out scores

The only thing I could picture after reading that was all of us dancing for the entertainment of some shadowy council as they silently rate our performance  lol Just the way it was worded or something.

Anyway, that comes as a relief. I know they don't usually send out e-mails to those who don't make the cut, so I was starting to think I may not have made it in. Thank God I have work to distract me from the anxiety...

BerryFrost

I sure hope that there is internet at my hotel. I need to refresh my inbox 100 times a day this weekend.

Aerial Perspective

Good luck writers!!

haha I just downloaded unity and am working hard to learn it! then maybe my maya knowlege can be of actual use!!

Asterian Starfall

2013 Jul 30, 19:11:12 #77 Last Edit: 2013 Jul 30, 19:56:59 by Asterian
Well... I didn't make it.

But allow me to bow out gracefully. It was a tough prompt to attempt, and I certainly didn't expect to make it past the other 24 talented writers. My only regret is that I didn't try as hard as I could have. But with dual enrollment and securing a part-time job, it just... fell behind me.

Retrokinesis, Jack Vrtis, ArtsyRosey, and Thomas Lachowsky... I shake you warmly by the hoof and wish to see the best dialogue you have.

I hope that with time and training, I can prove myself worthy enough to work alongside one of you. Were I given a second chance, I would take it.

Even in defeat and a six-year old dream vanished, I will hold my head high. I wish everypony good day and good health. For now, I will continue my life and tomorrow, I will continue my passion. I don't need a writing position to be a writer!

Besides, I have my friends and family who love me. That, a quill and parchment, and that's all I need. I will be publishing fanfics soon, and I hope I can become a writer of the people, by the people, and for the people.

Your friend in writing,
     - Asterian Starfall

Go Up