Starbound [Discussion & Server]

Started by Billow Pillow, 2013 Dec 10, 15:43:26

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Billow Pillow

[Starbound]

Starbound begins with the player inside a spacecraft fleeing their homeworld, each race with their own unique reasons for leaving. With nothing to guide it, the escape pod shoots into space without direction, becoming hopelessly lost in a sea of stars. As luck would have it, the space shuttle touches down on a habitable planet and an adventure begins that takes the player hurtling across the universe. Starbound contains both quests and story driven missions, buried inside its vast sandbox universe.
The space shuttle acts as the player's vehicle while exploring the galaxy, containing a teleport pad the player can use to teleport down to planets the shuttle is visiting.

Genres:

Adventure, Sandbox, Role playing game, and Science Fiction.

[Dicussion]

[All discussions, and questions involving the game should abide by the forums global rules.  Please resize all posted images in this thread, or keep them within spoilers to reduce lag]
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The game is currently in the beta phases but already includes thousands of randomly generated planets, villages, structures and settlements.  With hundreds of weapons, outfits, and quite a few instruments.  I'd only recommend this game to those with a love for adventure, and exploration.

Game Preview:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[Hapony Server]

Notably we already have a server running for the game thanks to our good friend Hapony.  To add your friends to your party on the server simply click the plus sign below your characters picture on the top right hand side of the game.
Server IP:
unicorn-games.net
Teamspeak Adress: unicorn-games.net:1337  / Password: lulz

Server Rules:

1: No griefing, or destroying of anyone elses property.
2: Be polite too all users on the server, and refrain from using fowl language. 
3: Don't harass, or bug other users for items.
4: Please refrain from stalking, and trolling others.
5: Don't post immature content, or disturbing images in chat.

[[  This server is not moderated by the legends of equestria team, and holds no responsibility for what goes on the server.  ]]
Senpai Notice me

LOE Craft: Here
My OC: Here
Dragon Cave Click Meow.

Rissian

2013 Dec 10, 15:46:27 #1 Last Edit: 2013 Dec 10, 16:00:27 by Trege
So far I've clocked over 70 hours on the game if you love adventure games and scifi. I highly suggest this. If you liked Terraria I suggest it even more.  :3

The games music alone is amazing as well. Plus it's always fun to play games with friends.

HaponyHanzo

it seems like this game didn't reached the community yet. When someone has the game just join my server and play with us.

White Shimmer

I did reach me and i watched much videos and Lets_Plays about it...
I just didnt buy it yet, because i have no more pocket money,
might buy it next month  ^-^

HaponyHanzo

the server is outdated at the moment i will update it tomorrow

alphaslime

I will see if I can pop on later today.

Pipkin

It would have been nice to know the controls aren't customizable before I spent $15 on a game I can't play...

Well, I think I could, but it would take alot of time and patience I don't think i'd have...(I'm one of the 5% of gamers who don't use WASD)

Book Smarts

Must... hold out... it will be a daily/flash deal during the Steam Winter Sale... No matter how fun it looks... Also, does it support controllers yet?

Billow Pillow

Senpai Notice me

LOE Craft: Here
My OC: Here
Dragon Cave Click Meow.

Mr.Darkling

Been having loads of fun with this game.
Best part is getting a band together with my friends and we play Banjo Kazooie music with our instruments.

Today something fairly interesting happened, my friend, Shozo, made a new character after the wipe and for some reason the game gave him EVERYTHING and was able to spawn what he pleased.
His starting gear also made him look like Isaac Clark from Dead Space 2:
http://steamcommunity.com/id/mrdarkling/screenshot/450656196377193035
"Man is a make-believe animal, he is never so truly himself as when he is acting the part"

Changing Wind

Anyone interested in playing?
Warning: I'm super new to this game  X3

Mr.Darkling

I'd be interested in finding a place to play, I have some friends on it already but they're a bit on and off with it.
I'm totally up for playing with others though.  ^-^
"Man is a make-believe animal, he is never so truly himself as when he is acting the part"

Valy Wave

I am very new to this game but i allready love it :3  - if somepony wanna play, my steamid is  choro75  Valy Wave.
Are we growing up or just going down?
It's just a matter of time until we're all found out
Take our tears, put them on ice
Cause I swear I'd burn this city down to show you the light
My OC: http://forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=9560.0

Prismatic

2014 Jan 02, 00:01:33 #13 Last Edit: 2014 Jan 02, 00:04:14 by Prismatic
I bought it to play with a friend until they were managing a server in a way I could not connect!   :I

So far I love it but like Minecraft it does utilize the old school connect to server system (in which Steam IDs aren't needed) in which does add a few hurdles.  One of these days I'll try multiplayer on it.

Valy Wave

Quote from: Prismatic on 2014 Jan 02, 00:01:33
I bought it to play with a friend until they were managing a server in a way I could not connect!   :I

So far I love it but like Minecraft it does utilize the old school connect to server system (in which Steam IDs aren't needed) in which does add a few hurdles.  One of these days I'll try multiplayer on it.

Hapony Hanzo and me played it over hamachi, If you ask him I am sure we can play together :)
Are we growing up or just going down?
It's just a matter of time until we're all found out
Take our tears, put them on ice
Cause I swear I'd burn this city down to show you the light
My OC: http://forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=9560.0

Prismatic

2014 Jan 02, 20:03:02 #15 Last Edit: 2014 Jan 02, 20:04:34 by Prismatic
Quote from: Valy Wave on 2014 Jan 02, 05:41:16
Quote from: Prismatic on 2014 Jan 02, 00:01:33

Hapony Hanzo and me played it over hamachi, If you ask him I am sure we can play together :)

The problem with Hamachi is that I don't like it because it's insecure.  I generally use specialized port forwards if I host (my router allows me to mix inbound ports; not a prevention but a deterrent) because it allows me to utilize my hardware firewall in the router.

Ateren

Oh the horror of not having the money to buy a game even when it went on sale. Anyways, I use a netgear router. Pretty easy for me to port forward for most games making server hosting a breeze at times. Only problem is the occasional hiccup from my service providers.  >:/

White Shimmer

I own the game now, and if i can, i will try to be available as often as i can...
But i seem to be too stupid to connect to the server... any tips?

Go Up