How did you become a brony?

Started by Aphex93, 2012 Apr 06, 15:47:37

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Twisted Shadow

My friend (Sea Foam) told me about the show. I did not believe him at first. I had grown curious over a couple days and I had an open mind when I watched it. Ever since the first episode my love for the show snowballed :) (I also pictured other show characters as ponies  lol)

Lord of Madness

truthfully i don't remember at all.. which must mean i have always been one  ovO

lichmewtwo

friend:my little pony friendship is magic is awesome!
other friend:totally
me:never heard of it
friend:you should watch it.
me: ok
*watches every episode
me: this is almost as good as pokemon!
is and always will be the very best that no one ever was. period.

Saturnine

Dark Pumpkin

I have a friend who was very out spoken about how much he disliked MLP(at least toward me) despite never having watched it. I never noticed it until he started bringing it up to me, and eventually I decided to watch an episode just to see how bad it was. (just a week before season 2 was starting)

First episode: This isn't so bad.
Second episode: I think I can stand another episode
Third episode: Ok, no denying it, I like this.

My friends reaction to this was not so great but I eventually convinced him to watch it by repeatedly annoying him by using the "You've never seen it, so how can you know you don't like it?" reasoning. He watched the first season backwards and wouldn't quite admit that he liked it yet, but has since watched every episode in season 2 and decided to say that he likes it.

In short I got into mlp because of a hater friend who I then turned into a brony. Without him I probably would have never bothered looking at mlp.
Pony. That is all.

Avatar art is an awesome commission curtsey of CappyDarn on deviantArt right here!

Link

Well it all started about halfway through season one to the beginning of season 2; I was chatting with a friend on skype who hadn't yet admitted to me that he and his brother were bronies. After a few minutes of him nagging me (after confessing he liked the show - no I didn't criticize him for it!  >.<) I was convinced to watch the pilot episode(s) (I give into peer pressure too easily  lol).
Throughout the entire pilot I randomly screamed to my computer monitor; "Why am I watching this?!?!  O:"
But I kept watching.
By the time I had to get off the computer I had finished the pilot, my bro got on and re-called them on skype. Upon them asking what I was doing now, my brother found me sitting in front of our Wii and watching the next episode on the internet channel through youtube  :3.
Hence, after a fair amount of time of self denial, I'm in the sprouting stages on transitioning out of closet brony mode!  :D
And that's my brony story.
I use emoticons too much.  ovO
[CENTER][/CENTER]

Aphex93

Haha the most open brony place for me is my Tumblr but I have Fluttershy, Rainbow Dash, Pinkie Pie, and Roseluck on my desk as well as cycling pony backgrounds and a roseluck desktop pony on my computer so I'm sure more of my friends are aware but they never bring it up.

QuickLizrd

My story is simple. I made a friend who was a brony, so after finding that he was a brony, I watched the first episode with, no idea why, my heart pounding in my chest (nervousness, giddyness?). After the first episode I saw it was a continuation, and I hate being cliffhung and surprises, so I watched the second episode, and then I watched the rest  ^-^.

Fluffy Cloud

Trixie.

Or technically, Not a Clever Pony's All Powerful Trixie.

Silver Snake

I was told to watch ponies by a freshman in my band class that I don't like very much. She insisted that I would like it, and with nothing to do that afternoon, guess what I did? I was hooked and continued to watch it even after my dad had picked me up.

I still have problems loving and tolerating that freshman...

Let's just.... Let's not ask too many questions about this one.

CptWaffles

Well I don't know if anyone else had it like this, but what the hay maybe someone did.

I had been seeing a lot of popularity growing in the show and my curiosity took over. I started watching a few episodes and decided it would be a fun little thing to watch. For a LONG time I'd only be a very quiet brony, I wouldn't really check on anything other then episodes, I wouldn't read any ponyfic or any other kind of pony media.

But around the beginning of March, I don't know why, but I decided to read a ponyfic. I can't remember how I found it, but I kept it in my bookmarks, it was called "A night (to try) to remember". After that it all clicked. I started reading EQD everyday, I listened to more and more brony music, watching PMVs.

I think the biggest reason I became a full blown brony was because after I read the ponyfic, it sort of sparked my creativity again, like I use to have when I was younger and I had created a world in my head. I hadn't had that kind of feeling for so long, and I liked it. Before I knew it I had created my own OC, a back story and I had my own story in my head. From there I create other stories, creating different versions of my OC for each one.

So the reason I became a brony is because it gave new life to the world in my head. It also made me feel and see that there are a LOT of good people on the planet, and that the world isn't as dark and grim as I thought it was.

If life gives you lemons, well, do whatever you want to do with them.

Teritha

I had seen a growing amount of ponies on some websites I visit which caught my curiousity at first, but I decided not to watch it. It's not that I didn't like them (I used to watch G1 My Little Pony when I was younger), it's just usually hard to get me into watching any show series. But in July last year, a friend told me he'd been watching it and said it was good; I tried it and I liked it.
Teritha Windtwister

byndbored

I first saw that mlp was on Know your meme and my first reaction was lol I did not expect that so I studied it for a while and then i saw an oc called nyx and decided to read past sins and thats what made me like the show. :]
Said no to being given a Lucario Pokemon X.
My oc board is in my Signature
http://forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=2268.0

hyper drive [HD]

i actually watched apple.mov and i looked at rarity. and in my mind i was thinking. wow the show must be good if rarity is in. at that time i didnt know her name but you get it

Lord of Madness

OH my gosh I remember now!! I was watching shows from my childhood just to see them again. All of the good ones too, but mostly the ones I never saw the end to. An example might be winnie the pooh. Now as I searched thru I saw the MLP. I thought I should not look at it sense it is for young girls BUT maybe it will make me feel like the older shows from my childhood did. Needless to say I loved the show.  ^-^

Iodine

It's funny, my friend who introduced me to the show... I turned out to like it way more than he did, haha. I even turned into a pony collector.

Lunar Eclipse

I was looking up social conventions and new fandoms for my paper. Finished with some generic anime/manga from a very disturbing section of the bowels of the internet. I decieded that maybe a lighter type of fandom would be nice to recover with. I looked for some less soul consuming fandom and found ponies.How this came up as less soul consuming I'll never know I tried to look at it in a observant light, but it was too good of a fandom. It took me in. I never left.    x3
I can't decide which hurts more - the things that have changed... or the things that haven't.

Salveon

Well, one day at school my buddy came up (guy buddy) and said,
"Hey ___ have you seen my little pony?"
MY honest reply was "No, I won't watch a show for little girls" (I though this because I saw one minute of the series right before FiM (Don't ask if you don't know *Shudder*)
Then for the rest of class, he and the girl next to him kept on trying to get me to watch it. Telling me all about bronies and stuff.

Well, later that day at robotics most of the people their watched it, and tried to get me to watch it. After resisting for the next week or two, I finally got bored one night when I couldn't sleep and watch the first episode, followed by another 12 episodes that night. Thanks goodness it was a friday xD
~Salveon

Weatherboy1

Flamestriker

I decided to watch it after seeing so many other people as fans and now I'm a brony. Then I showed my sister and brother and now we are all bronies.
[move][/move]

Go Up