Bronies and G1 MLP

Started by Applestack, 2013 Aug 28, 10:17:06

previous topic - next topic

Do the majority of bronies hate the 1st generation of My Little Pony?

Yes
14 (36.8%)
No, only the minority do
24 (63.2%)

Total Members Voted: 38

Go Down

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: Night Pony on 2013 Oct 11, 12:48:59
Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2013 Oct 11, 12:42:44
Quote from: Yellowpikmin476 on 2013 Oct 10, 14:44:42
Wait, what's the difference between 3 and 3.5? Why isn't it just 3 and 4, MLPFIM being 5?

I could be wrong, but I think the only difference between 3 and 3.5 is that they shrank the characters down and made them fillies in 3.5. So, basically G3, but they're all fillies.

I was under the impression that G3.5 was with the fillies from G3 but they were grown up. I can be wrong too.

Really blurry quality, buuut...

*Vomits* Sorry about that.

"(Ticktock, time is running out) What are you doing now?
I don't know where you are, don't even know your name.
They think I'm crazy, my heartbeat goes up..."

Ramisha

G3.5 are the ugliest little beings ever. I like the G2 toys. I liked the old toys a lot but I hated the shows, and I love the new shows but I hate the toys.

GoldenTerrabyte

There are some good G4 toys. I got some for me and my sister, and they're the cutest, and softest little things ever. They're little plushies.
I'm back

Applestack

Quote from: Ramisha on 2013 Oct 11, 13:32:57
G3.5 are the ugliest little beings ever. I like the G2 toys. I liked the old toys a lot but I hated the shows, and I love the new shows but I hate the toys.

*sigh* :c So much hatred. I don't hate any of them although I loved G4 "FiM" most of all.
"Lights of hope that keep the world turning are carved in the heart, staring at the sky spreading yonder."

Ramisha

I'm a wierd person. Either I like something or I hate it.....well I was a kid so I saw the cartoons and thought "wow this is stupid I HATE IT"  X3

Renatan

The only generations I actually hate are G2 and Newborn Cuties (OK, this one isn't really a proper generation, but it's still nightmare fuel)

I love G4, of course, and I grew up with G3 so I also love it (G3 NOT G3.5... I don't like the animation very much on that one  >:/ )
Beware the writer. She will feed off everything you say and store it into her memory, so don't be surprised if a few years from now you open up a book and see something you said years ago there. I'm always watching ovO

Sunrise Starshine

I voted based on perception, since I wouldn't call myself a brony (it's typically only used for male fans, right?) but I personally loved the G1 ponies when I was little! I didn't watch the show, I just collected and played with the toys. My favorites were the "older sister" type ponies whose proportions resembled the princesses of FIM.  <3

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: Sunrise Starshine on 2013 Oct 30, 17:37:13
I voted based on perception, since I wouldn't call myself a brony (it's typically only used for male fans, right?) but I personally loved the G1 ponies when I was little! I didn't watch the show, I just collected and played with the toys. My favorites were the "older sister" type ponies whose proportions resembled the princesses of FIM.  <3

Nowadays, "brony" tends to be used for any fan who's outside of the core target demographic of little girls. So it pretty much refers to all teenage and adult fans. Though, some people refer to the female bronies as pegasisters.

GoldenTerrabyte

Well, the main reason I like the show is for the art style, which is what I don't like about the others. And the older ones seemed more... it's hard to put into words, it's like, they simplify the situations in the show because they underestimate the target demographic's ability to understand the situations, whereas in FIM, they are fine with having complex situations that make a more full and interesting story, and they actually give the characters more understandable motives for their actions, whether good or bad.
I'm back

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: Yellowpikmin476 on 2013 Oct 30, 23:15:38
Well, the main reason I like the show is for the art style, which is what I don't like about the others. And the older ones seemed more... it's hard to put into words, it's like, they simplify the situations in the show because they underestimate the target demographic's ability to understand the situations, whereas in FIM, they are fine with having complex situations that make a more full and interesting story, and they actually give the characters more understandable motives for their actions, whether good or bad.

The plot being more full and interesting from complex situations is often one of the very good results of producers letting the show's aim be for the entire family, rather than dumbing everything down for young children. Some of our favorite shows from the 1990s and early 2000s were more overall for the whole family, and that's why we loved them so much. They didn't restrain themselves as much as a lot of little kid shows do (or, as I used to call them, "baby shows").

The Internet has quite a few things about our old favorite cartoons that say things like "I never noticed that before!" Well, yeah, we only notice it now that we're older. People fear that putting jokes and references into a children's cartoon for teens and adults will do something bad to the children watching it, but in all actuality, it doesn't, as long as it's not blatant. Why? Because it goes right over the kid's head, more often than not. The kid doesn't notice or doesn't understand, but ignores it and moves on. That, or the child comes up with a rather innocent explanation, like I did with the mention of the electric chair in A Goofy Movie.

GoldenTerrabyte

And, the fact is, the kids are much smarter than the "baby show" creators think they are. The kids can understand much more than the creators think.
I'm back

Applestack

Bronies are guys, pegasisters are girls? I think separating fans within a fandom by gender is stupid. We want equality.
"Lights of hope that keep the world turning are carved in the heart, staring at the sky spreading yonder."

VioletKnight

I voted "no" because I think G1 is alright, but I don't know if the majority of Bronies don't like it.

dynamite

Don't have an opinion on G1 because never watched much of it but can't stand watching it to see any further than one episode though.

Applestack

Only 20 votes? Come on, there's got to be more of you folks in here.

Zbizo

2014 Jan 23, 17:32:19 #55 Last Edit: 2014 Jan 23, 17:40:41 by Zbizo
So I decided to perform iron pony challenge MLB suggested. It was huge challenge to find g2-3.5 stuff, but I've made it
There was something missing since g1, but they fixed it after some time.

All generations looks like they're linked somehow.
g3 and g3.5 is what happend g4 season 3 ending, for example (time can't be precised so it may be parallel as well)
we have Applejack and Spike in g1, but no towns and spike appeared later and is grown-up already so actionprobably happens during g4 season 1

Applestack

I like the G1 MLP because it was surprisingly darker. :o A bucentaur using black magic to turn ponies into monsters. >A< An evil spirit that feeds on shadows. DD: Tambelon. D: And let's not forget the tree monsters of the Shadow Forest, Ug the giant spider and The Smooze - those things can kill!! :I

Zbizo

Quote from: Applestack on 2014 Jan 23, 17:43:17
I like the G1 MLP because it was surprisingly darker. :o A bucentaur using black magic to turn ponies into monsters. >A< An evil spirit that feeds on shadows. DD: Tambelon. D: And let's not forget the tree monsters of the Shadow Forest, Ug the giant spider and The Smooze - those things can kill!! :I

oh, and don't forget this:

I still have original vhs tape with it.

Altonator

Quote from: Night Pony on 2013 Aug 28, 14:18:32
Actually previous Twilight is current Twilight's mom.

Post Merge

Spoiler: show

O.... MY GOD....
OH
MY
GOD

Ok so I'm being rly serious here.... Firefly.... lead to RainbowDash..... RainbowDash is my fave pony and I just HAPPEN to make an OC called Firefly?!?!? I DID NOT EVEN SEE ANY OTHER GENERATIONS APART FROM THE CURRENT!!
(Mind = blown)

perryunicornboy

I actually really like G 1, my fav pony type is still Flutterpony. I kinda want my OC to be one but...now I have to invent and entire race with a back story.  ono
Alicorn prince before it was cool.

Go Up