Derpy a mian charecter

Started by Reagal Packard, 2013 Aug 17, 12:54:35

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Reagal Packard

do You think that Derpy should be a main charecter in season 4? :P

Teal Turken

No. She has no reason to be a main character and if they made her a main character the fanbase would pester Hasbro to have other background characters become main characters.
It'd only get worse from there.

lili12345

Well, they are thinking of removing Derpy Whooves but haven't decided yet. So let's hope they don't remove her.

GoldenTerrabyte

0% chance of happening, and it just wouldn't work. Think about it.
I'm back

Midnight Breeze

She should have never been a character period. It was just a simple animation glitch played out waaaaaaaaaay too far.

GoldenTerrabyte

I agree to that. I don't want to offend anybody, but seriously. Bronies make a mountain out of every molehill they can find.
Lyra sits humanlike ONCE: Lyra is obsessed with humans
Derpy is in the background when they're giving out muffins: Derpy(and nopony else right there somehow) is obsessed with muffins.

Think about it. Does it make any sense?
I'm back

Teal Turken

I'm okay with her being a background character, but what exactly deems her able to be a main character in the show? What kind of friendship lessons could be learned from her?

GoldenTerrabyte

I'm back

dynamite

Quote from: lili12345 on 2013 Aug 21, 02:34:23
Well, they are thinking of removing Derpy Whooves but haven't decided yet. So let's hope they don't remove her.

They removed her persona but not the model. Her model remains she's just not known by any name and is just used for stock extra.

Aerial Perspective

I think she was supposed to be like the snail in adventure time, just artists having a little fun in the background. Really though bronies notice every little thing and its kinda crazy how much a fandom this huge can spot.

GlowingPony

well its never going to happen  :c but it would be soooo awesome if she was a main character or at least in more episodes but because hasbro are stupid they will never do that  ono 
CAN SOME ONE PLEASE TELL ME HOW TO PUT A IMAGE IN ME SIGNATURE THANKS :)

Pipkin

Quote from: GlowingPony on 2014 Jan 16, 15:39:52
well its never going to happen  :c but it would be soooo awesome if she was a main character or at least in more episodes but because hasbro are stupid they will never do that  ono

She won't be a main character, like any of the background ponies, because it would upset the balance of the main cast.  As much as i absolutely adore Derpy, it would upset me more seeing her as a main character knowing what that can do to the show as a whole.

More appearances would be nice for bloopers-sake...

GoldenTerrabyte

Derpy being a main character would be like if in Spongebob, the guy who screams "My leg!" were to be a main character. A background character is meant to be just that. A background character.
I'm back

Teal Turken

Hasbro is not stupid. :l
Along with the fact that Derpy is a background character, Hasbro nearly had a lawsuit way back in Season 2 when Derpy spoke. Parents found her "offensive" to stupid people and forced Hasbro to revoice her for the episode and change her name to Ditzy.

I also can't tell if you're just not counting Derpy's many appearances in the background or just missing them. They put her right in the foreground of Equestria Girls' credits dancing with a muffin, I'd say that counts.

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: Teal Turken on 2014 Jan 17, 09:44:19

Along with the fact that Derpy is a background character, Hasbro nearly had a lawsuit way back in Season 2 when Derpy spoke. Parents found her "offensive" to stupid people and forced Hasbro to revoice her for the episode and change her name to Ditzy.

I also can't tell if you're just not counting Derpy's many appearances in the background or just missing them. They put her right in the foreground of Equestria Girls' credits dancing with a muffin, I'd say that counts.

I don't recall that actually happening.
Seriously, they never changed her name to Ditzy.
Did Rainbow Dash say "Careful, Ditzy"? She said "Careful now."

The name Ditzy Doo came from Winter Wrap Up, when a character mentioned Ditzy Doo going north to get the southern birds, but that was never intended to be in reference to Derpy Hooves.

If Hasbro truly changed her name to Ditzy, it would be on the packages of the toys of her that Hasbro makes. However, they put a picture of a muffin, not "Ditzy".

Oh, by the way, Hasbro occasionally makes toys of Derpy. ^-^

"(Ticktock, time is running out) What are you doing now?
I don't know where you are, don't even know your name.
They think I'm crazy, my heartbeat goes up..."

Teal Turken

Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2014 Jan 17, 17:27:27

The name Ditzy Doo came from Winter Wrap Up, when a character mentioned Ditzy Doo going north to get the southern birds, but that was never intended to be in reference to Derpy Hooves.

If Hasbro truly changed her name to Ditzy, it would be on the packages of the toys of her that Hasbro makes. However, they put a picture of a muffin, not "Ditzy".

My bad. I couldn't sleep last night, hasn't helped me at all today.
My point still stands though, they wouldn't risk making her a main character.

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: Teal Turken on 2014 Jan 17, 18:48:14
Spoiler: show
Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2014 Jan 17, 17:27:27

My bad. I couldn't sleep last night, hasn't helped me at all today.
My point still stands though, they wouldn't risk making her a main character.

True, true.

dynamite

Ditzy Doo sounds better but in any case they're not giving the gray pony a name and it's best left as that.

GoldenTerrabyte

I agree that she should remain nameless within the company. She's the type of character that is meant to remain in the background, and in my point of view, bronies would probably like it better that way, it leaves us more room for making stuff up about her.
I'm back

Chishio Kunrin

Yeah, for now, it seems, this is her name as far as Hasbro is concerned:

See:

From this, we can conclude, her name is either Picture-of-a-Muffin or Muffin. :P

Go Up