Ponies for Pathfinder (tabletop 3.75e D&D)

Started by Jack_Daft, 2013 Aug 03, 12:05:38

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Jack_Daft

2013 Aug 03, 12:05:38 Last Edit: 2013 Aug 04, 00:43:11 by Book Smarts
Ponies for Pathfinder
Dungeons and Dragons 3.75/Pathfinder setting handbook

What is this?
- "Ponies for Pathfinder" is a players handbook that supplements the Pathfinder/Dungeons and Dragons 3.75 edition D20 tabletop game.  Yes, I'm talking about the kind of D&D with a bunch of people in a grungy basement, sitting around a table, rolling dice, doing math, and drinking copious amounts of Mountain Dew

Ponies?!  You said ponies!  How is this related to  :D PONIES  :D ?!

- Traditionally in the Dungeon and Dragons world and Pathfinder, it's a typical fantasy world featuring elves, dwarves, magic, dragons, and all that silly fantasy/medieval Tolkein-inspired setting.  What originally started as a fan-based racial sourcebook on how to put pony characters in the D&D world, the creators decided to go a step above that and create an entire world that's focused on ponies and the fantasy setting of My Little Pony: Friendship as Magic.  As an ambitious Kickstarter project, it's gathering money to pay for artists, writers, and publishing companies to produce a full hardcover book very similar to the traditional tabletop game rulebooks. 

How well do ponies translate to the D&D world?  :/

- Quite well, actually!  Before this came to fruition, it was originally a racial sourcebook to add ponies in the existing universe.  So a general description, feats, ability scores, and more of the ponies (even "uncommon" ponies such as sea ponies) are represented and translated into Pathfinder.

I don't know any tabletop gaming bronies let alone Bronies nearby to play with. DD:
- Getting a group of people together in one place regularly is pretty tough, believe me.  But fear not, there are many alternatives to tabletop gaming with ponies.  Programs such as MapTools and RollD20 are good places to get a group of ponies online together for traditional tabletop games.  Of course other outlets such as IRC and PBP have roleplaying communities as well.  If this gets enough interest, perhaps the ponies of LoE can get together for a game on MapTools or whatever.
---

Any questions?  Comments?  Let me know! 

I did not get any sort of mod approval for this since it may fall under a "conflict of interest" issue, so if they want to take it down so be it!  I also had no idea where to put this thread.  I thought Pony Off-Topic was most acceptable.

LoE: Bucky Geldin
Level 1 Sugarcane Farmer Earf Pony

Go Up