A "Similar Post" Feature

Started by Weatherboy1, 2013 Jul 28, 18:06:36

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Weatherboy1

We've all had the annoyance of having around 50 posts asking singular questions about the stress test last time. Well I suggest that if possible to have a feature where the forums will show you posts with similar titles to yours so we can avoid having 50 posts about how to run the game and so on. I would think it would help the forum's be a lot less cluttered.
However if you are unable to do it, I would suggest opening a new board called "Questions" to direct traffic from board such as this and place all the questions to that board.

Weremetalwolf

I know that feel, too many new users asking the same question. Anyway, the idea is not bad but seeing that just a few number of new users actually look before asking the question, I was thinking into something like an automatic PM from one of the mods saying that the game is under development or something like that.
<br />My channel<br />My DA<br /><br />

McSleuthburger

I understand the dilemma but I dont think we need an entire system devoted to responding to questions
all users have to do is look for a good 10 secs and they will most likely find that their question has been answered previously most of the time, it is just some people dont waste their time looking or are too new and dont know where to look
I mean once the game becomes more of a thing, im sure we will have guides made and we can sticky those (maybe people will read them)
that is all my opinion though ^-^

Also I would like to thank all the users that helped out answering all the questions during the stress test and one everyday questions, it makes my job a bit easier  ;)
Ye-olde ex mod
You've just been McSleuthburgered!

Weremetalwolf

Yeah, maybe a sticky post with a title like "NEW USERS LOOK HERE" or something like that would do the trick lol
Anyway, you guys already did a lot with the game, helping you out, even if just a bit, is a good way to repay you.
<br />My channel<br />My DA<br /><br />

McSleuthburger

Once we get the game up and running there will be the initial wave of problems but once they are fixed the questions will die down
Ye-olde ex mod

Teal Turken

Quote from: McSleuthburger on 2013 Jul 28, 18:50:57
Once we get the game up and running there will be the initial wave of problems but once they are fixed the questions will die down

Still, a questions forum page would be nice.

McSleuthburger

im sure once the game gets closer there will be changes on the forums regarding sections on the forums
Ye-olde ex mod

Go Up