Writing Auditions Round Two Begin Now!

Started by Ellowee, 2013 Jul 11, 19:53:19

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Comet Trail

Dang It, I'm too slow lol I should've submitted something. Oh well, here's to Legends of Equestria 2 auditions! (This is merely wishful thinking btw) Good luck to all you writers out there who beat me to the punch!
Prepare your eye sockets for visual delights and good time shenanigans!

Renatan

I'm sure that they must have sent out the e-mails by now, so this is all I have left to say:

:c
Beware the writer. She will feed off everything you say and store it into her memory, so don't be surprised if a few years from now you open up a book and see something you said years ago there. I'm always watching ovO

Asterian Starfall

Quote from: Renatan on 2013 Jul 18, 15:39:34
I'm sure that they must have sent out the e-mails by now, so this is all I have left to say:

Do not despair. I'm sure Bloomberg will announce who's moving on in a post. Besides, there's over 100 applications, and he says he got about 120 last time, so odds are he's still considering things.
"Luck is how you explain an overly-variabled scenario that went in your favor." - Asterian Élire Starfall

Skrybe

There is no reason to worry, at all. The team will select those they feel are most qualified for the position. With all of the submissions, it will take the appropriate amount of time to judge which meet the standards the team holds.

Asterian Starfall

Quote from: Skrybe on 2013 Jul 18, 16:18:24
There is no reason to worry, at all. The team will select those they feel are most qualified for the position. With all of the submissions, it will take the appropriate amount of time to judge which meet the standards the team holds.

As me and my friend here say, be patient please. This is a decision that takes time.
"Luck is how you explain an overly-variabled scenario that went in your favor." - Asterian Élire Starfall

Ellowee

I'm just letting everypony know that I've updated the first page of this thread with a new announcement, just to keep the announcements from getting too cluttered. Thanks again for all of the applications.  ^-^

tiny.parcel

WOO HOO! I'm so looking forward to the new team! Congrats, guys! I wish you all the best in the next round!

Renatan

So have all the messages been sent, or are being sent?
Beware the writer. She will feed off everything you say and store it into her memory, so don't be surprised if a few years from now you open up a book and see something you said years ago there. I'm always watching ovO

tiny.parcel

Been sent, I imagine. Mass PMs don't take too much time to do. That is, of course, unless it's a truly detailed PM. I have all my notifications on; just in case. ;)

Though, I realized that I didn't have a forum account when I entered.  X3

Asterian Starfall

Quote from: Renatan on 2013 Jul 18, 19:12:01
So have all the messages been sent, or are being sent?

The messages have been sent. I'm moving on!

Pats on the back for everypony!

Renatan

Oh... okay. I guess I'm just not as good at writing as I thought I was...
I guess if I can't even be considered for a free online games writing crew, I should wait until I start writing a book I've been planning for about a year now. You know, for more experience and such.

...Geez. That's depressing. Now my mom's going to be disappointed. Now I'm disappointed in myself. Why can't I be better at what I do? *headdesk* Alright, back to Roleplaying. It's like writing, so hey, I count it as very simple practice  ;)

Asterian Starfall

Quote from: Renatan on 2013 Jul 18, 20:14:17
Oh... okay. I guess I'm just not as good at writing as I thought I was...
I guess if I can't even be considered for a free online games writing crew, I should wait until I start writing a book I've been planning for about a year now. You know, for more experience and such.

...Geez. That's depressing. Now my mom's going to be disappointed. Now I'm disappointed in myself. Why can't I be better at what I do? *headdesk* Alright, back to Roleplaying. It's like writing, so hey, I count it as very simple practice  ;)

Aww, cheer up. I'm sure your writing is great!

BerserkerBrony

Didn't make it, meh I knew the chances were slim so I did my best.

That writer's section of the forum looks kinda dusty. Maybe I'll start a topic or two.

Somebeing

Ah. Writing. One of my short pieces got on FiMFiction Feature for a time. Would've applied if I was older.

Anyways. Good luck onto the third round!

Skrybe

I didn't make it X3! Have fun writing, everyone!

Bluebell

Didn't get in, though I know I'm a good writer, I don't think I'm what they're looking for, haha xD Good luck to everypony who is moving on!

Jack_Daft

Crud, I suppose I didn't make it. Oh well, and I wasn't expecting to. I haven't done any serious creative writing nor roleplay in quite awhile.  I appreciate the opportunity and it was something different to do to spend my time. Besides, not sure what kind of devotion or commitment I could give for this project.  I just wanted to be in game developing for something.

Good luck to the other ponies who won!  I expect the wittiest of NPC(Non-player pony?) banter!

LoE: Bucky Geldin
Level 1 Sugarcane Farmer Earf Pony

FanofRainbowDash

Gracie Sky

Spoiler: Dramatic reenactment: 2 minutes as Rarity • show
>:/ ...? What's this? Why is my inbox empty!? Did they forget to tell me that I'm going on into the next round? Clearly this must be some sort of mistake! ... No, they did apparently send out mail to the winners... but, that only leaves one logical conclusion left!
:I No! Im-impossible! I'm the most talented writer on the forums! Even though there were over 100 other competitors, I surely would've cleared at least the top 10 percentile. But clearly I didn't... or I did, but they were only choosing from the top 5 percentile, in which I was between the top 10 and top 6!
ono Regardless of the reason, the only truth of the matter is I clearly wasn't the material they were looking for. Of all the things that could happen... between making it and not making it... this is the WORST! POSSIBLE! THING! Oh, but I was half prepared for this. I shall be a diligent loser and... loser... and...
D: Waaaaaaah! I'm a loooooooooser! *sob* *sob* A supposed expert writer who can't even make it into one simple writing team! Wh-where did I go wrong?! It couldn't be my lack of talent! Was my application not long enough? Was it too long!? I even proofread them! Twice! Was it my lack of credentials? Of course not! I'm the character critiquer on the forums! Everypony comes to me for writing advice and I always give them really good critiques and all that good stuff!
:I Or maybe that's just what I think! Maybe the don't really care about how good I am! Maybe they just would take any ol' critique and it doesn't matter from who it came from! I must be just another faceless pony in a sea of anonymity! I thought they would at least notice me because I was on the team once before!
:I N-no! Wait! Can it be that I simply cannot qualify because I was already previously fired from the team!? Oooooh! The irony of it all! Why did I even try-y-y-y-y?! *sob* Bloomberg must've still remembered that time I ate all of his apples! I told him it was an accident!
:c *sniff* I guess this is what it feels like to be a reject on Equestria's Got Talent... except without the tragic background music... It just wasn't meant to be for me... I guess I'll have to accept my fate of being... a spectator... a sideliner... a could've been... 6th place... second rate... Waaaaaaah! I'm so PA-THE-TIC!

Congratulations and best of luck to the winners. Be sure to post your OC for evaluation, if you have the time after joining the team.
Character Critique Thread

Have your OC fairly and honestly evaluated!

InsertCoolUsernameHere

Congrats to all those that made it! Hope you were all as happy when you got the news as I was  lol

That prompt though...  :I

Go Up