We're extending our Open Server Weekend!

Started by Ellowee, 2013 Jul 07, 03:50:53

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

GravityDerp

Okay so I downloaded the game and my dad and I are confused that the game itself won't load.... And this seems really complicated with the 7zip stuff and neither of us can figure it out. Also we downloaded the game and kind find the file anywhere even though we saved it to downloads.
Help please!
Well.... still trying to figure out this website.

sportakus1

Quote from: GravityDerp on 2013 Jul 07, 22:51:13
Okay so I downloaded the game and my dad and I are confused that the game itself won't load.... And this seems really complicated with the 7zip stuff and neither of us can figure it out. Also we downloaded the game and kind find the file anywhere even though we saved it to downloads.
Help please!

step by step:
1.download the game
2.Extract it somewhere by 7zip or Winrar
3.play the game by administrator
4.Log-In with your account in forum
5.select server (there is 3 servers)
6.Create Character
7. have fun!
i am a brony from MLP online forum
(and an active pony in that website too)

broe

I just started the other night, so it's kinda short for me  :P
Code Select
h,,,horse?

Turret Pony

Whenever I try to connect to any server, it tries to load for a bit, and then gives me the following message:
"Failed to connect.  Failed to establish connection - no response from remote host"

Is anyone else able to login but is unable to connect to the server?  This has been happening to me for the past half-hour..

FanofRainbowDash

No 508s... just says couldn't login. What message does it display when the servers are closed?

Turret Pony

It gives me the really long message/string of code, whatever it is.
That's only happened to me once before, though, the rest of the time I get the connection error.

Starfly

2013 Jul 08, 09:55:10 #26 Last Edit: 2013 Jul 08, 09:57:39 by Starfly
This sums up my response.

Spoiler: show
"Ha ha! The fun has been doubled!"

Also, Piaffe seems to be lagging heavily for me, the animations and the stamina bar is delayed for about 30 seconds. Not sure if that's just the amount of people playing.
[move] Wheeeeeeeeeee![/move]
Animated GIF made by Skardan.

GravityDerp

Quote from: sportakus1 on 2013 Jul 08, 05:15:24
Quote from: GravityDerp on 2013 Jul 07, 22:51:13
Help please!

step by step:
1.download the game
2.Extract it somewhere by 7zip or Winrar
3.play the game by administrator
4.Log-In with your account in forum
5.select server (there is 3 servers)
6.Create Character
7. have fun!

Still doesn't help at all.... Also it won't download in Firefox because that question mark isn't there!!! So I used Internet explorer and once it got done downloading it jut didn't save it to my files and I don't know what happened. And we don't know how to "extract" files. D:

FanofRainbowDash

I can't get in the game! Will a few generous souls logout for a few measley minutes??? Or is the server closed???   D:

Bell

Great, I know but I'd really hope it will last forever   D:

GravityDerp

I extracted the file and now I'm confused.
What does play the game by administrator mean?! What do I have to do?

Pipkin

Quote from: GravityDerp on 2013 Jul 08, 13:38:40

Right click the LoE exe file and select "Run Program as administrator"

GravityDerp

Quote from: Pipkin on 2013 Jul 08, 13:46:40
Quote from: GravityDerp on 2013 Jul 08, 13:38:40

Right click the LoE exe file and select "Run Program as administrator"

Thank you!!! :D I made my pony now it's loading.... Forever

Turret Pony

Is LoE even working for anyone right now?  It still won't connect to any server for me.

Ründo

and suddenly it's easier to login... probably because more than half are unaware that you extended the duration of this event....
Currently: staring into space
Was: working on Tekner's MLP Minecraft Mod
Playing: Minecraft, Space Engineers, Cities: Skylines

WellCookedFaces

For some reason, when I downloaded it, it just became a link to an internet page (it looks like a piece of paper with the internet explorer icon on it, i'm not sure what thats called) and it just sends me to the downloads page when I try to open it. Anyone know whats wrong? I really want to play but I don't really know what I'm doing  X3
If anyone knows how to fix or explain, please do  :D (Oh, I'm using a windows seven computer, if that helps)

BlueThunder97

if only i knew about this 2-3 days ago, i would start making friends! all i have time to do is run around looking for secrets and help other ponies.

Turret Pony

Am I really the only one who is getting the server error?
("Failed to connect.  Failed to establish connection - no response from remote host")

LoE, I'm getting tired of this...   >:/

Mike Dragon

Quote from: Turret Pony on 2013 Jul 08, 19:21:15
Am I really the only one who is getting the server error?
("Failed to connect.  Failed to establish connection - no response from remote host")

LoE, I'm getting tired of this...   >:/

It does that randomly. I too get it, sometimes. You just gotta keep trying. Remember that the game is still in Alpha, so there is a lot that still needs fixing, building and polishing!
Find me on Deviant Art! :D http://mike-dragon.deviantart.com/
I also stream art and games on Twitch! https://www.twitch.tv/mike_dragon/

Butterfly Kisses

I've been seeing some responses to those who have been trying to get on. They get told to just keep trying. Keep trying?! There are those like myself who have been TRYING for four days and still can't get in. I have at one point been trying to login for four hours straight and nothing. I have read that someone from your team got fired for trying to suggest more servers and that someone complained about how it would cost more money, well that should have been thought of before creating the game in the first place don't you think?

Go Up