previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Alexander321

2013 Jun 28, 23:24:10 Last Edit: 2013 Jun 28, 23:43:00 by Alexander321
Name: Comedy Gold
Type: Unicorn
Coat: light brown / tan
Mane & Tail: Brown / Dark Brown
Eyes: Green (Sometimes, if you look at them in a funky way, they look dull blue)
Personality: Humorous; to an extent, much like Pinkie Pie.  However, can be emotional and be bothered by personal matters to the point of psychological breakdown

Possessions: 1 Gigantic Flying House Fortress, 1 butler (Swift Task), 1 baby gorilla (Frank), 1 top hat, 3 Tuxedos (AKA: 'Monkey Suits'), 7 different roses, A picture of himself with Gilda (plans of destroying it are imminent), 1 Magical Banana Machine, 1 Magical Backpack, >7000 Granny Smith Apples (Preserved in a large, magical station of the Fortress), 1800+ Bananas (And counting) (Also preserved)

Abilities: Can use magic (duh), sturdy (By a small margin), can look really good in a 'monkey suit' (AKA: A tuxedo)

Traits: Goofy, Half-Rich, Friendly, Smart-ish
Favorite Place: His gigantic flying house fortress
Favorite Color: Blue or green; he's boyish like that
Favorite Meal: Salad & Granny Smith Apples
Most Like: Pinkie Pie
Affiliation: Comedy Gold's Cool Army Of Army Stuff That Isn't So Army-Ish
Cutie Mark: The Gorillion Dollar
Talent: Obtaining gold from defeated monsters, being silly
Occupation: Holy Roman Emperor (Of his army, which consists only of his butler, Swift Task),  Vagabond Comedian, Donator, Monster Slayer (Not his strong forte)

Bio: Upon one of his very young birthdays, he was literally kicked out of the house, to be never given much of a {care} for, as he survives a long while in the wilderness.  Anywho, at one point in time of such utter survival, he stumbled upon a cave with which there was a poor colt caught in the grip of some Diamond Dogs.  However, due to them being unintelligent as well, they all thought he was a dragon, and fled for their lives.  Having been saved, the gentlecolt by the name of Swift Task swore his life to Comedy's services (Obviously they were colts at the time), thus making him a permanent ally, servant, and best friend (sorta).

With the two having formed together, they went off to do adventures of many a sort.  This lasted for many months, and kinda still is lasting to this day.

Q: How did he get his cutie mark?

A: There WAS a story about that, but that was when he was OP.  So instead, the story to it is: It.........just happened, okay?  Yeah, okay.  It happened.  One moment, walking.  Next moment, BANG!  Cutie Mark.

Q: Watch the language, sir...

A: Sorry; I had copied + pasted from a Tumblr. post of mine about him.  You see, back there, language isn't too big of a deal.  Most apologies though.  I'll be sure to properly censor anything that appears naughty.  ;n;

~~~~~~~

Appearance(s):

~~~~~~~

If you have any questions, please ask. ^_^
When in doubt, hotdogs.

Tiger

Watch the language, sir...

So his talent is obtaining gold from monsters, which I presume is how he managed to buy all those things and magical backpacks and stuff. But how did he find out he had that talent? How did he get his cutie mark?

A link to my tumblr above!
Tiger's OC page. Should re-do it...

Shadow Mare

Quote from: Alexander321 on 2013 Jun 28, 23:24:10
Name: Comedy Gold
Type: Unicorn
Coat: light brown / tan
Mane & Tail: Brown / Dark Brown
Eyes: Green (Sometimes, if you look at them in a funky way, they look dull blue)
Personality: Humorous; to an extent, much like Pinkie Pie.  However, can be emotional and be bothered by personal matters to the point of psychological breakdown

Possessions: 1 Gigantic Flying House Fortress, 1 butler (Swift Task), 1 baby gorilla (Frank), 1 top hat, 3 Tuxedos (AKA: 'Monkey Suits'), 7 different roses, A picture of himself with Gilda (plans of destroying it are imminent), 1 Magical Banana Machine, 1 Magical Backpack, >7000 Granny Smith Apples (Preserved in a large, magical station of the Fortress), 1800+ Bananas (And counting) (Also preserved)

Abilities: Can use magic (duh), sturdy (By a small margin), can look really good in a 'monkey suit' (AKA: A tuxedo)

Traits: Goofy, Half-Rich, Friendly, Smart-ish
Favorite Place: His gigantic flying house fortress
Favorite Color: Blue or green; he's boyish like that
Favorite Meal: Salad & Granny Smith Apples
Most Like: Pinkie Pie
Affiliation: Comedy Gold's Cool Army Of Army Stuff That Isn't So Army-Ish
Cutie Mark: The Gorillion Dollar
Talent: Obtaining gold from defeated monsters, being silly
Occupation: Holy Roman Emperor (Of his army, which consists only of his butler, Swift Task),  Vagabond Comedian, Donator, Monster Slayer (Not his strong forte)

Bio: Upon one of his very young birthdays, he was literally kicked out of the house, to be never given much of a {care} for, as he survives a long while in the wilderness.  Anywho, at one point in time of such utter survival, he stumbled upon a cave with which there was a poor colt caught in the grip of some Diamond Dogs.  However, due to them being unintelligent as well, they all thought he was a dragon, and fled for their lives.  Having been saved, the gentlecolt by the name of Swift Task swore his life to Comedy's services (Obviously they were colts at the time), thus making him a permanent ally, servant, and best friend (sorta).

With the two having formed together, they went off to do adventures of many a sort.  This lasted for many months, and kinda still is lasting to this day.

~~~~~~~

Appearance(s):

~~~~~~~

If you have any questions, please ask. ^_^

What? The Diamond Dogs may not be the smartest, but pretty sure they can tell the difference between a dragon and a pony.

Alexander321

Quote from: Shadow Mare on 2013 Jun 28, 23:43:40
What? The Diamond Dogs may not be the smartest, but pretty sure they can tell the difference between a dragon and a pony.

Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeelllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll maybe they're just that stoopid. =3=
When in doubt, hotdogs.

Nala Valor

From logic, they have to know what a dragon looks like. Without Rarity's help to find gems, there's only with mining or stealing it from dragons. They have to know what they're seeing or there wouldn't be any diamond dogs to talk about...

Also, please don't spam the letter L. It hurts my eyes. :o

GlassMirror

If he takes gold from monsters, why does his name have comedy in it? I thought he was a comedian.  o.O
Probably missed this if you said something about it.

Shadow Mare

Random name perhaps?

GlassMirror

Tiger

2013 Jun 29, 00:00:28 #8 Last Edit: 2013 Jun 29, 00:18:09 by Tiger
Quote from: GlassMirror on 2013 Jun 28, 23:51:34
If he takes gold from monsters, why does his name have comedy in it? I thought he was a comedian.  o.O

You have to remember that the name should not be too similar to the cutie mark. Parents name their children when they're born, not right after they get their cutie mark. And the parents don't have psychic powers of what the pony's cutie mark will be.

It's best to name a pony based on their appearance since they would have had that appearance when they were born, and their parents would name the pony by that

Alexander321

It's a long story, sorry.  You see, there are a few things about this guy:

1) He used to be a mere self-insertion of myself.

2) I remembered a funny book called Comedy Gold from that show Chowder, and I found myself as funny, sooooo hence the name.

3) He had the habit of gold looting as a reference to the fact that I like Adventure Quest.

4) I liked Adventure Quest so much because I literally payed the $60.00 for the best membership X-Guardian membership.  I loved it so much, I even went over the line of making him OP with ridiculous magicks, strength, and gear and whatnot (If you see http://guardian.battleon.com/Build30/charview.asp?temp=10849315 , you'll see what I mean).

5) My original idea of his cutie mark was that he'd have a Gorillion dollar for a cutie mark.  That was it.  But I wanted to give it purpose.  Sooooo I decided to go with the "He's good at anything starting with the letter G" train.

6) Months after his creation, I had seen how stupid my self-insertion was, and I wanted to back off from the ideas of self-insertions.  Sooo I fixed up his skills, history, and whatnot to refrain from being, well, just simply what I wa---

7) IT'S COMPLICATED, OKAY???
When in doubt, hotdogs.

GlassMirror

Quote from: Alexander321 on 2013 Jun 29, 00:01:04

It's a long story, sorry.  You see, there are a few things about this guy:

1) He used to be a mere self-insertion of myself.

2) I remembered a funny book called Comedy Gold from that show Chowder, and I found myself as funny, sooooo hence the name.

3) He had the habit of gold looting as a reference to the fact that I like Adventure Quest.

4) I liked Adventure Quest so much because I literally payed the $60.00 for the best membership X-Guardian membership.  I loved it so much, I even went over the line of making him OP with ridiculous magicks, strength, and gear and whatnot (If you see http://guardian.battleon.com/Build30/charview.asp?temp=10849315 , you'll see what I mean).

5) My original idea of his cutie mark was that he'd have a Gorillion dollar for a cutie mark.  That was it.  But I wanted to give it purpose.  Sooooo I decided to go with the "He's good at anything starting with the letter G" train.

6) Months after his creation, I had seen how stupid my self-insertion was, and I wanted to back off from the ideas of self-insertions.  Sooo I fixed up his skills, history, and whatnot to refrain from being, well, just simply what I wa---

7) IT'S COMPLICATED, OKAY???

Good way to think of the name, by the way I LOVE Chowder.

Asterian Starfall

Okay, pointing the usual stuff out...

This character is the most down-to-earth of your three characters, and since he isn't a prince or an Alicorn, there's no argument there.

However, I find it unlikely that an emperor would be homeless. A vagabond is somepony who wanders around aimlessly with no place to call home. Comedy Gold on the other hoof actually has one, a fortress as you say.

Taking gold from monsters... This sounds like something straight out of an MMORPG. Most creatures in Equestria are unintelligent and thus don't even bother with gold or things of worth like that, so I deem it highly unlikely that your character could amass a wealth as you depict from slaying monsters. Perhaps he knows an alchemical spell that allows him to  transform baser metals like iron into ones of some worth?

His Cutie Mark story. Everypony wants to know how somepony else got their Cutie Mark. You provide no story as to this and say "it just happened". Earning a Cutie Mark does just happen, but it doesn't just happen like that, plus having a Cutie Mark story makes it look like you've put some thought into your OC.

I suggest adding a Cutie Mark story, removing the "vagabond" title, and providing explanation as to how he got rich off of monsters other than saying he looted it.
"Luck is how you explain an overly-variabled scenario that went in your favor." - Asterian Élire Starfall

Alexander321

Quote from: Asterian on 2013 Jun 29, 15:18:43
Okay, pointing the usual stuff out...

This character is the most down-to-earth of your three characters, and since he isn't a prince or an Alicorn, there's no argument there.

However, I find it unlikely that an emperor would be homeless. A vagabond is somepony who wanders around aimlessly with no place to call home. Comedy Gold on the other hoof actually has one, a fortress as you say.

Taking gold from monsters... This sounds like something straight out of an MMORPG. Most creatures in Equestria are unintelligent and thus don't even bother with gold or things of worth like that, so I deem it highly unlikely that your character could amass a wealth as you depict from slaying monsters. Perhaps he knows an alchemical spell that allows him to  transform baser metals like iron into ones of some worth?

His Cutie Mark story. Everypony wants to know how somepony else got their Cutie Mark. You provide no story as to this and say "it just happened". Earning a Cutie Mark does just happen, but it doesn't just happen like that, plus having a Cutie Mark story makes it look like you've put some thought into your OC.

I suggest adding a Cutie Mark story, removing the "vagabond" title, and providing explanation as to how he got rich off of monsters other than saying he looted it.

You're right.

But with all due respect, {massively making profit from monster slaying} can be quite the fast experience if you know what you're doing.
When in doubt, hotdogs.

Tiger

I think Asterian is talking about how the monsters actually have gold in the first place.

Alexander321

Quote from: Tiger on 2013 Jun 29, 23:49:38
I think Asterian is talking about how the monsters actually have gold in the first place.

Magic.
When in doubt, hotdogs.

Cotton Ball

You know what this made me think of

[move][/move]
Don't be a salad, be the best broccoli you could ever be.

Go Up