Obligatory Smash Bros. Topic

Started by Spencer the Pegasus Guard, 2013 Jun 13, 12:44:26

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Peace Keeper

Hehe I heard of a possibility for Waddle Dee. Didn't know he is that popular.  I'm just wondering if K.Rool really got a spot according to this one guy who searched everywhere on people's opinion and picks and even online polls.
I just hope Zero gets a shot in the vote.
Representing the Element of Peace, my name is Peacekeeper, and I am an Evershade Crusader. I am also a proud member of Chat-o-Landia. My talent is preventing conflict and maintaining order.

Rikaria

Spoiler: So... the final Direct happened • show
Even though I've never played Bayonetta before, I wouldn't mind buying her DLC. (She's the ballot winner, btw.)
If I'm not here, I'm most likely on Pokémon Shuffle's Miiverse community.

Peace Keeper

Wow. So Bayonetta won the ballot. I am super shocked but I aint mad. Kinda upset my voted character didn't win, but she does sound like a great character to be in it.

Also astonishing Corrin is coming as well. Did not expect him to be in the game, but then again he does appear in an upcoming game so I can understand they would like to add a character with a new release of the game (Same for Cloud with the upcoming release of FF7 remake. Hey, at least we got Cloud which is great. Thanks Square Enix!).

Just seeing what these characters can do it very different. Gonna add a new challenge on how to approach these characters.

And Cloud will be available today. Can't wait to see how he plays out.

What I really like to see is at least the list of the top 10 characters voted in the world or by region. Wonder who else would have been a likely candidate?
Representing the Element of Peace, my name is Peacekeeper, and I am an Evershade Crusader. I am also a proud member of Chat-o-Landia. My talent is preventing conflict and maintaining order.

KirbyFluttershy

It's pretty much disappointing presentation for me ever since bayonetta won the ballot. Waddle dee should've made it through, but after the majority of the votes, it doesn't seem like he won the ballot.
3DS Friend Code: 2363-5641-1771
Final Fantasy XI Char/Server: Chiririn / Asura
Yo-kai Watch Wibble Wobble Player Code & Username: 1qmgdmug / KirbySh

Chromastone64

I'm a little annoyed that Sora didn't get in, but, eh. It's a good thing I played Bayonetta 2 now.
But I never thought SHE would win the ballot. Anyone else think she looks really complicated to use?
A self-proclaimed "jack-of-all-media-types". I tend to say "freaking" a lot.<br />My OCs: http://forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=13316.0

Chibalt

Gotta say, I was not expecting Bayonetta to get chosen from the ballot, and as for how she looks to use, not too complicated actually, you just have to get a little speedier with some things I guess, and the witch-time dodge looks pretty good, it even gives you damage reduction and no launch if you mess up and get hit right at the end of the dodge, which is pretty forgiving.
My OCs: http://forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=11833.msg777677#msg777677
Don't be afraid to make suggestions regarding any of the characters there if you have some.

Rikaria

The final DLC is out.

Can't wait to try Bayonetta~

Chromastone64

Corrin is SO GOOD. Just, never use his down attack over a ledge...
A self-proclaimed "jack-of-all-media-types". I tend to say "freaking" a lot.<br />My OCs: http://forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=13316.0

Julius

Quote from: Chromastone64 on 2016 Feb 04, 02:26:43
Corrin is SO GOOD. Just, never use his down attack over a ledge...

Actually... If you're brave and good enough, that can lead to very fun kills. You'll most likely die from it, but so will they. ;3
Purr~

Itty Bit

2016 Feb 04, 22:21:14 #909 Last Edit: 2016 Feb 04, 23:15:49 by Itty Bit
d-air to footstool is the funniest thing ever with Corrin. Just don't tell Julius that, or else he might use that against me >u>

Bayonetta is tons of fun. I made this gif a little bit earlier after a match with a friend ^^

Peace Keeper

Everyone talkin bout Corrin and Bayonetta.

lol and I am right here looking at character balances and contemplating on Ike's buff (I main Ike, and I was surprised.)

Itty Bit

Yeah, Peach didn't get any buffs, so I don't have much to really be excited about regarding that ^^;

Rikaria

I still need to figure out how to combo properly with Bayonetta... x3

That .gif helped a bit, though!

Chromastone64

Quote from: Itty Bit on 2016 Feb 04, 22:21:14
d-air to footstool is the funniest thing ever with Corrin. Just don't tell Julius that, or else he might use that against me >u>

Bayonetta is tons of fun. I made this gif a little bit earlier after a match with a friend ^^

...Remind me never to face you X3

KirbyFluttershy

Quote from: Peace Keeper on 2016 Feb 04, 23:45:53
Everyone talkin bout Corrin and Bayonetta.

Yeah I feel ya, but it's everywhere. Bayonetta lacks surrounding attacks in terms of 2 or more opponents and too much fistful of hurt (or pain). If you're using her in team battles, she's made for kill stealing your teammate's KOs also Most of her moves are just based on button holding like fury attacks although it doesn't do much of a knockback or flinch like fox's blaster.

Corrin isn't that bad, but I normally use the standard B to launch my opponents off since Smash Attacks doesn't get that much launching power.

Peace Keeper

I realized and my fears came true when my nephew told me about the 2 lol

Counter spamming with Corrin. The neutral B spam isnt that bad when you reflect (Can seriously KO if full charged).

Interesting I havent run into Bayonetta spammers. I mean she does rely more in combos.

Fought some pretty good ones tho and they sure surprised me. Hopefully soon I get to learn much about them. See which movesets can work great, which ones to avoid, and finally kick some butt.

KirbyFluttershy

Well you guys should take a look at this video. This is pretty much a bayonetta fail since the guy who was playing as bayonetta didn't edge hog properly by doing projectile spams. Just watch out for these fails though or ppl who don't know how to play bayonetta and her edge hog skills properly.

Counter Attacks has diminishing returns as my Friend told me so don't counter too much regardless of timing.

Rikaria

And now, here's Bayonetta being very overpowered. (It's a .webm link so it doesn't take forever to load on slower connections.)

KirbyFluttershy

Quote from: Rikaria on 2016 Feb 07, 00:07:59
And now, here's Bayonetta being very overpowered. (It's a .webm link so it doesn't take forever to load on slower connections.)

Looks like I was right about bayonetta being overpowered. hopefully she'll be adjusted in terms of fairness besides i'm not like that even though I don't do projectile spams as well.

Itty Bit

Quote from: KirbyFluttershy on 2016 Feb 06, 18:41:18
Well you guys should take a look at this video. This is pretty much a bayonetta fail since the guy who was playing as bayonetta didn't edge hog properly by doing projectile spams. Just watch out for these fails though or ppl who don't know how to play bayonetta and her edge hog skills properly.

Counter Attacks has diminishing returns as my Friend told me so don't counter too much regardless of timing.

I believe the term you are looking for is edge-guarding. Ledge hogging is the act of hanging onto a ledge so others couldn't grab it, but you can't do that in Smash 4

Go Up