Tough World for Bronies

Started by HerpyDooves, 2013 May 09, 06:43:42

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Naura

No one of my class felt like picking on me about it, except one girl, and when she started to get othe rpeople going, I just went up to them and:
Spoiler: Notice that this gif got a misspelled version of a swear • show
Spoiler: Don't open if you don't want to see the swear • show
Spoiler: For those who just want to watch this for what I meant, look underneath this spoiler • show

"Yeah girl, AND WHAT? WHATCHA GONNA DO ABOUT IT, HUH?"
And actually, it worked xD
Feel free to check out my [URL=http://forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=11982.0]Oc page[/URL]!

-ReiMar-

Well, in the new school others were all friends and I was the new guy. They picked on me because I wasn't a dumb hooligan like 'em. That pretty much what made me paranoid home sitter hikki. But when one of 'em though it would be a good idea to actually beat me up for fun, he ended up with a broken arm. And I enjoyed every minute of bone snapping)) ^^ Still, I had to suffer through verbal and distantial attacks and it was very unpleasant. *sadface* Now I dislike or at least feel uncomfortable being around humans...
:c

equestrianAce

(This is a reply to Naura) You are quite lucky. Nobody picking on you except one girl? Wow.  :] Last year has probably been my most explicit year of bullying. Middle schoolers can be harsh sometimes. There was even a rumor about me that I kissed a sick girl.  :I Even the teachers were mean to me! The ones who shouldn't be doing that, yet they spread rumors around about me. By the way, I don't really mind swearing, but I have no idea if it is allowed on this site or not so I'll keep my trap shut for now.  ;)
"You're asking me why? I did it 'cause I was bored."

Pipkin

When I first started letting people know I was a brony(I first told one of my employees the day after Superbowl 2013) I got mixed reactions as well.  I knew I would, being 24 1/2 years old and liking ponies.  My parents didn't mind, mainly due to John De Lancie being in it.  My mom, actually is the most supportive person I know, liking my art, accepting my going to BronyCon and even liking the cosplay i'm working on for it.  My sister on the other hand was appalled at the idea of my being a brony, and likely a little bitter that both her kids now like it because of me, one being a boy.  The worst reaction I got was from my co-workers.  NONE of them liked the idea and ridiculed me constantly about it.

I completely ignored them.  I went about my business, wearing my shirts without a care in the world.  That did two things for me.
1)My sister no longer cares about it because no matter how much she complains about it she knows I won't change and no longer bothers me about it
2)People got curious.  One of my co-workers actually became a brony(I'm not fond of the term pegasister and use brony as a blanket term for fans) and usually talks to me about ponies(Last Saturday we were talking about how we can't wait for season 5).  Another co-worker, a much older woman, looked into documentaries about bronies and found John De Lancie's.  She came to me the next day and told me how much she loved it, and likes the idea(knowing I was going to BronyCon) that I would too be going to one of those conventions and it would be really cool to do.  At the end of the day, no one cares and some people actually support me now.  Wonderful feeling!

/rant

equestrianAce

That's good that you ignored them! That mostly helped me in school, sometimes it didn't though.... I'm glad your coworkers support you and that your parents support you!
"You're asking me why? I did it 'cause I was bored."

Go Up