And suddenly it all makes sense...

Started by Midnight Breeze, 2013 Apr 06, 20:48:18

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Midnight Breeze

2013 Apr 06, 20:48:18 Last Edit: 2013 Apr 06, 20:51:32 by Midnight Breeze
I had a sudden epiphany about the importance of Starswirl the Bearded.

Celestia talks of him as if she knew him well, and the way she describes him says the he spent much of his life attempting to create new magic, but was never successful. Why? Because he didn't understand the magic of friendship as well as Twilight does. When they say 'Friendship is Magic' they aren't kidding. Friendship is literally what magic comes from, so in order to truly study and develop magic, you have to know friendship in and out.

I'm thinking that Starswirl was a former wielder of the Element of Magic. Much like Twilight, he was assigned by Celestia to study the magic of friendship with five friends who wielded the five parent Elements during their era. So, like Twilight, he was in line to become Celestia's successor as an alicorn prince.

However, he failed; dying of old age before he was able to ascend. He probably wasn't the first, there may have been several incarnations of former Element wielders, but Twilight's party was the first to be successful.

HerpyDooves

You're missing a very, VERY, important bit. I won't say what. :3

Zbizo

what was his occupation in recent mlp generations when... let's say he wasn't bearded? Can anyone tell me in which episode of which generation he makes appearance?
I bet that he didn't had friends and stuff. Even if he did it wouldn't make sense at all - have you seen male alicorn?

Midnight Breeze

Ummm...he hasn't been seen in the show because he's been dead for centuries.   :s

We haven't seen any male alicorns because there currently aren't any. I've never seen a female president of the US either; does that mean it's an impossibility?

HerpyDooves

Quote from: Midnight Breeze on 2013 Apr 07, 19:11:26
Ummm...he hasn't been seen in the show because he's been dead for centuries.   :s

We haven't seen any male alicorns because there currently aren't any. I've never seen a female president of the US either; does that mean it's an impossibility?

No male Alicorns, aye? Hmm... nothing personal, but I can prove this wrong with one, tiny picture. It would ruin a big chunk of the discussion on my theory thread, though.

Lucien

Quote from: HerpyDooves on 2013 Apr 07, 20:43:55

No male Alicorns, aye? Hmm... nothing personal, but I can prove this wrong with one, tiny picture. It would ruin a big chunk of the discussion on my theory thread, though.

Royal guard alicorns are mistakes
Starting anew. I am a musician. My past here means nothing.

HerpyDooves

Quote from: Lucien on 2013 Apr 08, 16:43:09
Quote from: HerpyDooves on 2013 Apr 07, 20:43:55

Royal guard alicorns are mistakes

I didn't say anything about royal guard alicorns. :3

Zbizo

2013 Apr 08, 19:14:05 #7 Last Edit: 2013 Apr 08, 19:15:58 by Zbizo
Reusing palettes in background ponies doesn't count, they didn't had wings and horn at one time, changelings aren't ponies, therefore they don't count either

HerpyDooves

Quote from: Zbizo on 2013 Apr 08, 19:14:05
Reusing palettes in background ponies doesn't count, they didn't had wings and horn at one time, changelings aren't ponies, therefore they don't count either

No, no, no, I'm not talking about derped background ponies, mysterious ponies barely on the screen, or even changelings.

I'm actually talking about a very, very important character. I can't believe you guys don't know who I'm talking about.

Midnight Breeze

Chishio Kunrin

"(Ticktock, time is running out) What are you doing now?
I don't know where you are, don't even know your name.
They think I'm crazy, my heartbeat goes up..."

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: HerpyDooves on 2013 Apr 08, 19:54:29
Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2013 Apr 08, 19:51:44
Big Macintosh.

... nope. :P

Darn, thought I had it. :c
If you mean Celestia's father, he hasn't been depicted in the show, nor mentioned.

HerpyDooves

Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2013 Apr 08, 20:14:17
Quote from: HerpyDooves on 2013 Apr 08, 19:54:29
Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2013 Apr 08, 19:51:44
Big Macintosh.

... nope. :P

Darn, thought I had it. :c
If you mean Celestia's father, he hasn't been depicted in the show, nor mentioned.

No offense, but you guys are really having this much trouble? Even if I said the first letter of his name, it would give it away in an instant.

Midnight Breeze

I sure hope you aren't talking about Discord.

He's not even a pony, much less an alicorn.

Chishio Kunrin

HerpyDooves

Quote from: Midnight Breeze on 2013 Apr 08, 20:40:48
I sure hope you aren't talking about Discord.

He's not even a pony, much less an alicorn.

Ahhh, but that is where you are wrong, my pony friend! And that, is where I'll stop giving secrets.

And I never even heard of an Alicorn named Leo :P

P.S. I like how the french spell pony :P

Chishio Kunrin

Are you talking about the theory that Star Swirl became Discord? Star Swirl was just a unicorn. o_o

Midnight Breeze

And having spent two pages on a wild goose chase about non-existent male alicorns, I would like to get back to the topic of this thread: The theory that Starswirl was a past Element wielder.

Go Up