A Simple OC

Started by Luminescence, 2013 Apr 04, 23:32:17

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Luminescence

Let's launch at this eh?

Name: Lumi
Species: Earth Pony
Appearance: A soft coat the color of new grass, and young fields, slightly overgrown perhaps, but not terribly so. His mane, falling down to his withers and curling to the side of his face, held a soft light to it. It looked akin to  being that of the color of the pages from a well loved, but old, book. Despite his mane having a bit of a poof, it was only due to a gently frizz it always seemed to suffer from. His tale was probably the most ragged of him though, being a little ruffled here and there, and a little short of a cut, but still maintained that soft color of his mane.
Eyes: A soft amber
Cutie Mark: A small carved wooden tree
Personality: A slow and eternally hopeful child at heart. He adores a good story, loves in retelling them, and has gotten pretty good at the art of storytelling. He often struggles with those who try to assert themselves as better, and is confused by those who act simply on a whim.
Home/Residence: He was raised on the outskirts of Fillydelphia, but now he lives just a block or two from it's train station. However, as he was lucky enough to attain a job working on the trains, he isn't home often.
Likes: Stories, Kind ponies, Slow actions, Thinking before Leaping, Listening
Dislikes: Loud ponies, Arrogance

General Bio (Only slightly adjusted for differing RPs):
     Living a calm little life in Fillydelphia, Lumi enjoyed learning about the old stories of the old heroes and legends. He was always a little behind the others in school and such, but he tried to not let it bother him. However, when it came to the old history, he excelled. Often he was caught up in fanciful thoughts of times long gone by. As such, he often had "adventures" of his own, chasing the pirating pidgins away, challenging his friends to duels, ending far too often with someone having a black eye or several scrapes and bruises, and everyone with milkshakes. Milkshakes, those things, he wouldn't trade for all the pirate battles in the world.
     However, when it was announced that they would do a project on something they enjoyed, and present it to the class, he decided to actually launch himself at these projects. He spent hours slaving over a simple wooden plank, eventually getting it to look like a good, old fashioned sword of wood. Then, a terror befell him. What good was fine weapon, if your armor fell apart at the touch?
     Needless to say, a good week or so later when a full, colt sized, armor suit and exceptionally laden colt inside them arrived to school, the school teacher was surprised.
     Since that fateful day, whenever he was stressed, or when he had an idea for pieces that would add to stories impact when they were told, he would work tirelessly at creating miniature ponies for his stories. He loved carving them, after all, stories are magnificent, but they are still incorporeal, as opposed to his wooden works, born from the sweat and tears of his work and that of a tree.
     Alas, you can't live of of stories, at least most ponies can't, so he finally settled down to work for the train station. After all, if he couldn't have his own adventures, he could at least see the sights out there and imagine. Fortunately, since he was so filled with wonder, he was always eager and willing to see the world, and they never lost there glory to him. Since then, he has been there, spinning stories of wonder and glory to any willing to only listen.
I believe the shape of happiness resembles glass. Even though, we don't usually notice it, it's still definitely there, we merely need to change our point of view slightly, and that glass will sparkle whenever it reflects the light. I doubt that anything else can argue its own existence so perfectly

Enstramentall

Okay, I think this is one of the coolest OC's I've ever seen, I applaud this! :D
[move][/move] Hi! Hello! Hola! Benvenidos! Bonjour! Gutentag! :P I think you get the idea.

Luminescence

I believe the shape of happiness resembles glass. Even though, we don't usually notice it, it's still definitely there, we merely need to change our point of view slightly, and that glass will sparkle whenever it reflects the light. I doubt that anything else can argue its own existence so perfectly

Dark Hooves

nice OC

Please visit my OC list and you'll see mine there.
<br /><br />everypony is capable of great good or great evil but everypony should be treated like their worth giving a chance<br /><br />My OCs. http://forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=6860.0

Tiger

That's a really nice OC. Good job! I can't think of anything else to say ovO

Quote from: Dark Hooves on 2013 Apr 06, 10:50:40
nice OC

Please visit my OC list and you'll see mine there.

Please don't advertise your OC on other people's OC pages...

A link to my tumblr above!
Tiger's OC page. Should re-do it...

Dark Hooves

<br /><br />everypony is capable of great good or great evil but everypony should be treated like their worth giving a chance<br /><br />My OCs. http://forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=6860.0

Gracie Sky

Mm, what exactly is his talent? It sounds like fletching, since it's a picture of a carved tree. However, his passion is having "adventures" as described by the old history books he reads. Or is it a combination of the two; his ability to reenact old adventures through the medium of fletching?

Regardless, his job at the train station probably isn't a job complimented by his talents. Not saying that it has to be, of course. He'd probably be best off working at a museum, though. He gets all the history he wants there, and he can even share it with others.

And, as always, I disagree with ponies wielding swords not designed for visual gags. Even Unicorns.
Character Critique Thread

Have your OC fairly and honestly evaluated!

Go Up