Being Able to see the online users who are currently browsing a forum.

Started by Charizard_2, 2013 Apr 02, 15:50:05

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Charizard_2

I think users should be able to see which of their fellow forumers are on that page with them. That way, people will be tempted to post if they know people can see their new thread.

My idea is that the bottom part should say

Online Users: Person1,Person2,Person4,etc.

And someone, like Person3, would be taken off the list, once they log out.
With pie comes great responsibility.

My Pony Name: Charred Flame (Char for short)

Weremetalwolf

Are you talking about this? http://forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?action=who
There is a button at the bottom of the main forum page, clicking it will arrive at the page above.
<br />My channel<br />My DA<br /><br />

Tekner

Quote from: Weremetalwolf on 2013 Apr 02, 15:57:48
Are you talking about this? http://forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?action=who
There is a button at the bottom of the main forum page, clicking it will arrive at the page above.
Yes, except he wants the list to be filtered by the thread you're currently looking at and have it be placed at the bottom of the page.

Charizard_2

Interesting, I never knew about the Who's Online section.

Though, my idea is actually what Tekner said.
The online names should be filtered by the thread/forum you're looking at, and have it placed at the bottom of the web page.
That way people won't feel like they're alone.

HerpyDooves

You could just keep one tap of the 'Who's Online' section open and another tab where you just check LoE stuff out. You will have to keep refreshing the page though.

Tekner

Quote from: HerpyDooves on 2013 Apr 03, 07:39:37
You could just keep one tap of the 'Who's Online' section open and another tab where you just check LoE stuff out. You will have to keep refreshing the page though.
and scan through its pages to cross-check for your thread.

HerpyDooves

Quote from: Tekner on 2013 Apr 03, 14:58:13
Quote from: HerpyDooves on 2013 Apr 03, 07:39:37
and scan through its pages to cross-check for your thread.

Yeah :P

SweBow

Since this feature is already implemented into the forum and a realtime plugin would drain resources. It's highly unlikely we will install one.

Charizard_2

Quote from: SweBow on 2013 Apr 04, 05:59:09
Since this feature is already implemented into the forum and a realtime plugin would drain resources. It's highly unlikely we will install one.

That makes sense. I just assumed it would be easier for everyone to make new friends and find out which part of the day has more activity.

Liska

I don't think this feature is necessary, but thank you for the suggestion and we'll keep it in mind. ^-^

Go Up