MLP spin-off

Started by Chishio Kunrin, 2013 Feb 12, 22:27:11

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Chishio Kunrin

2013 Feb 15, 14:05:35 #20 Last Edit: 2013 Feb 15, 14:07:07 by Chishio Kunrin
Quote from: bleyd on 2013 Feb 15, 10:16:27
and what human race is blue jajajajaja

I assume they made their skin be their coat colors to avoid causing any uproars about actual races.

Everypony's white: "You're racist!"
Varied races: "Why is (pony) (race)??" <-- As seen commented on humanized fanart quite often
Race fitting to character's personality: "My Little Pony: Stereotyping is Magic. Racists."
Skin color the same as their coat color: No problems.

"(Ticktock, time is running out) What are you doing now?
I don't know where you are, don't even know your name.
They think I'm crazy, my heartbeat goes up..."

The Wandering Magus

Like I said, it's like they're TRYING to alienate the consumers they depend on.  They're doing a bloody good job of it.
(sorry Bakasan, chose this image)
Descriptions and art of my OCs here: http://legendsofequestria.com/forum/index.php?topic=2636
my art: http://legendsofequestria.com/forum/index.php?topic=298
visiting soldier sister, be back 8/12/2013

Iodine

We don't know for sure if that image is legit or not. No one can find a definite source for it.  :s

Technically pointing out somebody's race/skin color is being racist. People are still being racist because their fur colors were lightened a bit for their skin tone, or because they didn't choose real skin tones which would just cause even more problems because of people's ruined headcanons. Can't please everyone all the time.  :l

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: Iodine on 2013 Feb 17, 03:17:50
We don't know for sure if that image is legit or not. No one can find a definite source for it.  :s

Technically pointing out somebody's race/skin color is being racist. People are still being racist because their fur colors were lightened a bit for their skin tone, or because they didn't choose real skin tones which would just cause even more problems because of people's ruined headcanons. Can't please everyone all the time.  :l

Yeah... I'd just rather not see people posting on humanized fanart saying crap like "Your fanart is stupid and wrong. Twilight isn't black. It's canon!" There's nothing wrong with her being black. I actually think she's very pretty that way. There's nothing wrong with Fluttershy being Indian. There's nothing wrong with Pinkie Pie being a little bit overweight. There's nothing wrong with Celestia being really tan and Luna being pale white.

There's nothing wrong with any of it, but people often fuss about the characters being depicted as anything but white and skinny in humanized fanart. >.<

So, I'd actually be very okay with their skin color being their coat color in the spin-off.

"(Ticktock, time is running out) What are you doing now?
I don't know where you are, don't even know your name.
They think I'm crazy, my heartbeat goes up..."

Bluebell

I'm pretending that it doesn't exist. They all look the same and don't have any special body type or markings or anything. Kind of goes against Lauren's views.

PrincessButton

Quote from: Bluebell on 2013 Feb 17, 10:28:03
I'm pretending that it doesn't exist. They all look the same and don't have any special body type or markings or anything. Kind of goes against Lauren's views.
^this.  :/
[Avatar drawn by Dusky Hues; Thank you!]

ComputerDeathglare

Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2013 Feb 17, 04:25:27
Quote from: Iodine on 2013 Feb 17, 03:17:50

Yeah... I'd just rather not see people posting on humanized fanart saying crap like "Your fanart is stupid and wrong. Twilight isn't black. It's canon!" There's nothing wrong with her being black. I actually think she's very pretty that way. There's nothing wrong with Fluttershy being Indian. There's nothing wrong with Pinkie Pie being a little bit overweight. There's nothing wrong with Celestia being really tan and Luna being pale white.

There's nothing wrong with any of it, but people often fuss about the characters being depicted as anything but white and skinny in humanized fanart. >.<

So, I'd actually be very okay with their skin color being their coat color in the spin-off.

This! So much this!
By Sulfur

dA
Tumblr (SFW)

Midnight Breeze

Fluttershy looks like she's trying to hold her pee, and I thing Twilight and Rarity are cardboard cutouts.

ComputerDeathglare

Quote from: Midnight Breeze on 2013 Feb 17, 23:16:10
Fluttershy looks like she's trying to hold her pee, and I thing Twilight and Rarity are cardboard cutouts.

Oh, Celestia, you're right! lol
By Sulfur

dA
Tumblr (SFW)

Coffee Rush

The characters look a bit weird, but if you'd look at the background it looks like the same exact style. I suppose it could be replicated, though.
My OC can be found here!

videogamehunter

I'm either going to like this or really hate it. Something tells me I'm going to hate it. But I been wrong before.

ComputerDeathglare

Quote from: videogamehunter on 2013 Feb 18, 00:47:58
I'm either going to like this or really hate it. Something tells me I'm going to hate it. But I been wrong before.

Dis.

It could go either way, but it seems to be leaning towards bad. Maybe because I feel like it disrespects Lauren Faust, doesn't it?
By Sulfur

dA
Tumblr (SFW)

LostSanity

Humans?

No thanks.

I think I'll stick with ponies.
[shadow=gray,left]I'M ONLY HAPPY WHEN IT REIGNS[/shadow]

The Roman Reigns of the forum

Omega_Khaos

going to check it out then decide.

Not judging till i see it. :D

Night Pony

Secretly leaked footage from the spin-off!

[ Invalid YouTube link ]

I hope you enjoyed it!  ^-^

I want to thank all of the artist that have drawn my OCs.
Night Shine and Moon Violet

Rad Thunder

So it really is a thing?! Oh Luna... :l
I can hear Lauren Faust rolling over in her grave.

Night Pony

Quote from: Rad Thunder on 2013 Feb 19, 08:26:31
So it really is a thing?! Oh Luna... :l
I can hear Lauren Faust rolling over in her grave.

Man you really send her in the grace, even when she is alive.

Rad Thunder

Well when she sees this, it'll probably kill her.

Omega_Khaos

that video has to be fake the voices are WAY to automated to be actors and knowing even something about animation they should have been able to move allot more then that. That video has to be a fake, if not show me proof.

Night Pony

Quote from: Omega_Khaos on 2013 Feb 19, 14:13:33
that video has to be fake the voices are WAY to automated to be actors and knowing even something about animation they should have been able to move allot more then that. That video has to be a fake, if not show me proof.

Yes it's fake. I thought it obvious enough to not mention it.  >A<
Anyway I think the designs are also fake.

Go Up