My OC. ideas and suggestions much appreciated

Started by rhyme writer, 2012 Sep 24, 12:26:27

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

rhyme writer

2012 Sep 24, 12:26:27 Last Edit: 2012 Sep 27, 12:59:20 by rhyme writer
Got off my lazy flank to find a creator program. I think I like what I've got here

Name: Rhyme Writer
Race:unicorn
Appearance:
Image with cutie mark(courtesy of Itty Bit):

Cutie Mark: a piece of parchment over an ink well with a stream of ink coming from the well and coiling around the paper
Special Talent: Writer- he can control ink to an amazing extent, but that is not limited to just liquid ink. He can alter writings and drawings in books, organize them in a way he sees fit, or fix errors. He can change the density to use for defensive or offensive purposes.
Personality: He has an insatiable desire for knowledge and enjoys new discoveries just as much as a good book. He enjoys helping others learn new things because he often learns something as well. He does have one problem...He is a bit of a grammar-nazi. He cannot stand when there are errors in books or even a misspelled word and feels it is his duty to fix it. He does have a love for poetry and will speak in verse on occasion.

Background: he grew up in the Canterlot Library. He could always be found reading books far beyond his age level. In school he often read books rather than play outside, but he would not hesitate to help anyone is who did not understand something or had a question. This led to him tutoring a few of the other colts and fillies. One day in the library, he came across the poetry section. He had been looking for something other than reference books and books on history and spells. He began reading and was amazed at how poets turned words into art. Putting words together or in verse to make amusing ideas or beautiful pictures. He then decided to try it himself. He had always had trouble writing by levitating his quill, and soon became frustrated. He remembered reading a book about how farmers got water to fields too far from the river to carry with a bucket, by moving the water by irrigation. It was a stretch but maybe he could try skipping the use of a quill by moving the ink himself. He tried concentrating on levitating the ink itself but though he got some movement out of it, it moved as a ball and was impossible to write with. That's when he had an idea, instead of holding the ink and writing with it, he would just focus on what he wanted to do: put he poetic feelings into words on the page. From the globular globe of ink floating in the air stretched out what was almost like a river towards the page, it spread across the page forming letters and words on it in the form of Rhyme's poem. He was astounded at this sight that the flash of light that signaled the appearance of his cutie mark startled him and the sphere of ink splashed onto his head. Luckily none of it landed on his poem. He showed his poem to the librarian who kindly, though somewhat forcefully requested that he clean the ink of his head. He obliged and flowed the ink back into it's well and levitated the stopped back onto it. Not a drop of ink was wasted that day. The librarian was so surprised by this poem that she game Rhyme his own book, telling him that if he managed to fill the book with poetry as good as this, she would place next to some of the great pony poets of all time.

Any critiques and ideas and stuff feel free to post them.

Go Up