About the Changeling-Pony relationship...

Started by Zygrograxgra, 2012 Jul 31, 23:10:32

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Lary

To be fair, nothing the changelings do is consistent.

Why did they act so "aggressive" in the finale when what they do is feed off of love? Revealing themselves only brought out fear, which is not stated to be an emotion they crave. It would make more sense if they just stayed hidden and fed off the love that they were probably receiving before the Queen decided to zerg rush them.

And another thing, it would've made more sense if the Changelings were already in the city instead of trying to break through Shining Armor's Mary-Sue shield. They are masters of disguise. Not only would it make more sense if they appeared in the city from their hundreds of disguises, but they would also be a much bigger threat. After all, the changelings seem kind of weak; they just use their numbers to cover that weakness.
Could've been something great. But ya' blew it... Ya' blew it.

Zygrograxgra

Quote from: Lary on 2012 Aug 03, 07:54:16
To be fair, nothing the changelings do is consistent.

Why did they act so "aggressive" in the finale when what they do is feed off of love? Revealing themselves only brought out fear, which is not stated to be an emotion they crave. It would make more sense if they just stayed hidden and fed off the love that they were probably receiving before the Queen decided to zerg rush them.

And another thing, it would've made more sense if the Changelings were already in the city instead of trying to break through Shining Armor's Mary-Sue shield. They are masters of disguise. Not only would it make more sense if they appeared in the city from their hundreds of disguises, but they would also be a much bigger threat. After all, the changelings seem kind of weak; they just use their numbers to cover that weakness.

It's quite possible that the shield kept them out anyways. May have been like bug spray turned up to 11 for them, but like all bugspray one bug will end up ignoring it.
But yes, I'm still hating on the writers for stating one thing about the species and going an entirely different way.
You cannot gather love from people like cattle in the way vampires can, it takes time.

Titanium Mushrooms
Are you happy yet?!

Ezio Auditore da Firenze

There needs to be fanfiction involving:

1: Fluffy one-shot with anypony from the Mane 6 + a changeling.
2: A steamy fic with a changeling + anypony
3: A long, well-written, plot-twist ridden romantic novel type fic with changeling + Fluttershy.

Yup. I am definitely crazy.
[move][le templar here]          [/move]

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: Ezio Auditore da Firenze on 2012 Aug 05, 02:17:59

3: A long, well-written, plot-twist ridden romantic novel type fic with changeling + Fluttershy.

A fanfic where Rainbow Dash becomes friends with a changeling and ends up having to try to hide it from everypony else to protect it? But then she tries to get the other ponies to accept it. Knowing bronies, the fic would end with Ponyville rejecting the changeling, and Dashie has to help it escape and say goodbye to it.

"(Ticktock, time is running out) What are you doing now?
I don't know where you are, don't even know your name.
They think I'm crazy, my heartbeat goes up..."

Ezio Auditore da Firenze

Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2012 Aug 05, 02:22:36
Quote from: Ezio Auditore da Firenze on 2012 Aug 05, 02:17:59

A fanfic where Rainbow Dash becomes friends with a changeling and ends up having to try to hide it from everypony else to protect it? But then she tries to get the other ponies to accept it. Knowing bronies, the fic would end with Ponyville rejecting the changeling, and Dashie has to help it escape and say goodbye to it.

That...Is actually not a bad idea. I'll see if I can try conjure up something. No promises though!
[move][le templar here]          [/move]

Go Up