Season 3 stuff from Comic Con

Started by McSleuthburger, 2012 Jul 13, 16:27:51

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Book Smarts

Quote from: Blues-Music on 2012 Jul 16, 18:04:59
The elements of harmony are stupid anyway.They are just powerful.Nothing more.They are just a season start gimic.Nothing more.I think it would be better if they never existed so I would stop hearing rants about ponies not fully upholding their elements.

Well if they appeared in every episode, it would give off the sense that power will solve everything, which isn't true at all

ex.

Twilight: Oh sweet Celestia, there's an Ursa Minor rampaging through Ponyville
*Zap*
Twilight: We're fine now  ^-^

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: Book Smarts on 2012 Jul 16, 18:18:42
The elements of harmony are stupid anyway.They are just powerful.Nothing more.They are just a season start gimic.Nothing more.I think it would be better if they never existed so I would stop hearing rants about ponies not fully upholding their elements.

Well if they appeared in every episode, it would give off the sense that power will solve everything, which isn't true at all

ex.

*Zap*

That, and one of the points behind the elements is that the characters have to embody their elements. They don't always embody their elements, which means they can't always use them, which really makes a lot of sense. Nopony is perfect.

"(Ticktock, time is running out) What are you doing now?
I don't know where you are, don't even know your name.
They think I'm crazy, my heartbeat goes up..."

Blues-Music

Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2012 Jul 16, 18:33:31

ex.

*Zap*

That, and one of the points behind the elements is that the characters have to embody their elements. They don't always embody their elements, which means they can't always use them, which really makes a lot of sense. Nopony is perfect.
No they don't infact before ,and after getting the element they can do the exact opposite of it for the rest of their lives.

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: Blues-Music on 2012 Jul 16, 18:36:28
Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2012 Jul 16, 18:33:31

ex.

*Zap*

No they don't infact before ,and after getting the element they can do the exact opposite of it for the rest of their lives.

Oops, I meant to type "the characters have to embody their elements to use them." Just a little mess-up there.

My point was that they have to embody them to use them, but they don't always have to embody their elements, especially since they're not perfect, nopony is perfect.

BlackVortex

Quote from: Lary on 2012 Jul 16, 14:05:38
Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2012 Jul 16, 13:10:36
True. Man, I wish they could just make an episode where they find out Dash's and Applejack's elements got switched, but that's definitely not gonna happen.

Better yet, combine them into one pony. Applejack stops being bland, and Rainbow Dash stops being... Rainbow Dash. Both are tomboyish, and both are voiced by Ashleigh Ball.

It's perfect.

No! No offence but that would wreck the show. The reason Applejack is like that is because she is a G1 pony, and they were more bland. Not as much personality for most of them.  (In my opinion)
I will be gone until the pony drought is over... so find me on Feral Heart if you want me :P

Book Smarts

I'm wondering how they're going to pull off turning Fluttershy into a dragon, could a dragon bite be it?

Chishio Kunrin

A potion or a misfired spell?

GuitarBrony

Quote from: Book Smarts on 2012 Jul 16, 20:12:05
I'm wondering how they're going to pull off turning Fluttershy into a dragon, could a dragon bite be it?

i can imagine it starting off like half the fanfics that exist.

"Twilight's new spell goes horribly wrong..."
My music channels. Stop by if you'd like.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCw5aZPezsQwcJP9T4D1mJ7w
https://soundcloud.com/someponywithaguitar
"I suppose it's just interest... devoid of substance or purpose; a hypothetical pattern... for the satisfaction of bringing it to completion."

Book Smarts

Quote from: GuitarBrony on 2012 Jul 16, 20:55:38

Or a potion from Zecora could do it

Crystal Chaos

Quote from: Book Smarts on 2012 Jul 16, 21:45:46
Quote from: GuitarBrony on 2012 Jul 16, 20:55:38

Or a potion from Zecora could do it

"Z-Zecora. I want to face my biggest fear."

*A catchy song later*

"I'm a-a DRAGON!"

Book Smarts

Spoiler: show
And we can't forget about Trixie  >:/

She'll probably be back trying to show Ponyville that she has changed

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: Book Smarts on 2012 Jul 17, 17:47:14
And we can't forget about Trixie  >:/

She'll probably be back trying to show Ponyville that she has changed

<3
Redemption for the unicorn who fails at magic! ^-^

Blues-Music

Did anyone say trixie is bad at magic?Shes amazing at it.just not enough to slay an ursa minor.

Book Smarts

She's bad with outside of her school of magic which is Illusion

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: Blues-Music on 2012 Jul 17, 18:33:13
Did anyone say trixie is bad at magic?Shes amazing at it.just not enough to slay an ursa minor.

Her entire gimmick was magic tricks. She's a magician. Some people think she felt the need to show off tricks, gloat about her abilities, and lie about beating an Ursa Major because she isn't as good at magic as other unicorns, and thus she wants to seem better. After all, at the end of the episode, when she ran away, she produced a puff of smoke, but you could see her running away as the smoke faded. Classic magician magic trick, though pulled off poorly.

The Wandering Magus

why didn't she just teleport?  Unless that's a high-level ability that only select individuals have.  Sometimes I don't know how to figure out the "standard" abilities of a "normal" unicorn, since Twilight is the (semi-mary-sue) mane character and all.
(sorry Bakasan, chose this image)
Descriptions and art of my OCs here: http://legendsofequestria.com/forum/index.php?topic=2636
my art: http://legendsofequestria.com/forum/index.php?topic=298
visiting soldier sister, be back 8/12/2013

Blues-Music

Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2012 Jul 17, 18:44:30

Her entire gimmick was magic tricks. She's a magician. Some people think she felt the need to show off tricks, gloat about her abilities, and lie about beating an Ursa Major because she isn't as good at magic as other unicorns, and thus she wants to seem better. After all, at the end of the episode, when she ran away, she produced a puff of smoke, but you could see her running away as the smoke faded. Classic magician magic trick, though pulled off poorly.

What about all the tricks she pulled of on her cart?Those were real.I dare you to call those "standard magic tricks."

The Wandering Magus

Quote from: Blues-Music on 2012 Jul 18, 11:28:10

What about all the tricks she pulled of on her cart?Those were real.I dare you to call those "standard magic tricks."

depends on what's "standard" among unicorns.  I have no idea, see my previous post x3
(sorry Bakasan, chose this image)
Descriptions and art of my OCs here: http://legendsofequestria.com/forum/index.php?topic=2636
my art: http://legendsofequestria.com/forum/index.php?topic=298
visiting soldier sister, be back 8/12/2013

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: The Wandering Magus on 2012 Jul 18, 11:59:52
Quote from: Blues-Music on 2012 Jul 18, 11:28:10

depends on what's "standard" among unicorns.  I have no idea, see my previous post x3

Seems like all unicorns can levitate stuff. I can't remember who in this thread said it, but maybe Trixie's talent is illusion or something. She just did small simple spells/tricks. A lot of fans are so set on Trixie being a magician unicorn that there's a music video of her putting on a performance of magic tricks and such:

Though, in the song, she seems pretty content with her ability and seems to have learned a lesson: Even if other ponies criticize you, it's important to enjoy what you do. Hopefully if/when Trixie comes back in season 3, she'll be redeemed kind of like that.

BlackVortex

Trixie comes back and turns Fluttershy into a dragon! [By accident, of coarse taking credit for it] I wish that would happen.
I will be gone until the pony drought is over... so find me on Feral Heart if you want me :P

Go Up