Underlying Implications

Started by Chishio Kunrin, 2012 Jun 06, 21:36:20

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

The Wandering Magus

Implication: the world of equestria is apparently filled with elitists and jerks, if sweet and elite and putting your hoof down is to be believed.
(sorry Bakasan, chose this image)
Descriptions and art of my OCs here: http://legendsofequestria.com/forum/index.php?topic=2636
my art: http://legendsofequestria.com/forum/index.php?topic=298
visiting soldier sister, be back 8/12/2013

Crystal Chaos

Quote from: The Wandering Magus on 2012 Jun 21, 12:38:29
Implication: the world of equestria is apparently filled with elitists and jerks, if sweet and elite and putting your hoof down is to be believed.

They exist everywhere.

The Wandering Magus

Implication: apparently either cranky doodle donkey or one of his relatives runs a ferry business
Descriptions and art of my OCs here: http://legendsofequestria.com/forum/index.php?topic=2636

Zbizo

2012 Jun 21, 14:44:17 #143 Last Edit: 2012 Jun 21, 14:51:40 by Zbizo
Quote from: The Wandering Magus on 2012 Jun 20, 19:26:49
implication: equestria's last "battle" was with pies and anvils.  no wonder they lost the changeling war so badly.  well, up until Chrysalis screwed herself over by putting Twilight and Cadance in the SAME CELL.

She should move them back to the caves below and fight against Celestia. She kept everypony on a surface and watched her changelings feeding while Twilight relased Cadence - that's why she lost.

Quote from: The Wandering Magus on 2012 Jun 21, 12:43:17
Implication: apparently either cranky doodle donkey or one of his relatives runs a ferry business

He only provided this service to Spike, it doesn't mean that he does it everyday(at least nopony said that nor he didn't this before).

Not sure if implication, but:
They're using three or more languages! English on "Welcome Princess Celest" banner, horsy-like writing(books in s1 ep1 and some more episodes) and swapped/mirrored/modified letters(ponyville confidental episode, newspaper letters)

The Wandering Magus

implication: the princesses technically aren't needed if the unicorns could just get along. (hearth's warming)

Blues-Music

Quote from: The Wandering Magus on 2012 Jun 21, 16:07:33
implication: the princesses technically aren't needed if the unicorns could just get along. (hearth's warming)
It takes a large group of unicorns with a really high magic skill to do it its also very tiring thats why they left it to princess celestia.

Also princess cadence is needed she raises the twilight.

She literally raised Twilight as a foal.

The Wandering Magus

Quote from: Blues-Music on 2012 Jun 21, 17:40:05
It takes a large group of unicorns with a really high magic skill to do it its also very tiring thats why they left it to princess celestia.

lol

implication: Alicorn might be a race... :/

Night Pony

Quote from: The Wandering Magus on 2012 Jun 21, 17:42:12

lol

They are a race.

I want to thank all of the artist that have drawn my OCs.
Night Shine and Moon Violet

The Wandering Magus

Quote from: Night Pony on 2012 Jun 21, 17:42:52

lol

They are a race.
you sure about that? the show keeps calling them "unicorns" for some reason.  And there's only been 3 so far (minus the one in twilight's daydream)

Night Pony

Quote from: The Wandering Magus on 2012 Jun 21, 17:44:05

lol

They are a race.
you sure about that? the show keeps calling them "unicorns" for some reason.  And there's only been 3 so far (minus the one in twilight's daydream)

Yet they are widely know as Alicorn.We have seen only two griffins in two seasons but you consider them as a race do you not?

The Wandering Magus

Quote from: Night Pony on 2012 Jun 21, 17:53:19

lol

They are a race.

Yet they are widely know as Alicorn.We have seen only two griffins in two seasons but you consider them as a race do you not?
only due to:

not being limited to royalty
not being completely overpowered and godlike
not being essentially worshiped by the local populace
acting as normal, everyday citizens.

creatures like Alicorns I consider less of a "race", or at least Mortal race, and more of "gods/demigods".  Celestia is the Mother Goddess, Embodiment of the Sun, and Luna is the Embodiment of the Moon.  Cadance was originally not supposed to be an alicorn, but since Hasbro ignored Faust I'll just call Her the Embodiment of Love.

Night Pony

Quote from: The Wandering Magus on 2012 Jun 21, 18:03:35

lol

They are a race.

only due to:

creatures like Alicorns I consider less of a "race", or at least Mortal race, and more of "gods/demigods".  Celestia is the Mother Goddess, Embodiment of the Sun, and Luna is the Embodiment of the Moon.  Cadance was originally not supposed to be an alicorn, but since Hasbro ignored Faust I'll just call Her the Embodiment of Love.

So they are some mutated unicorns and not clasify as a race?
You can still classify them as a race of gods who are leaders because of their powers.
Also acting as normal citizens?They both were rude to say the least.How does a normal citizen act according to you?

The Wandering Magus

Quote from: Night Pony on 2012 Jun 21, 18:09:25

lol

They are a race.

only due to:

You can still classify them as a race of gods who are leaders because of their powers.
Also acting as normal citizens?They both were rude to say the least.How does a normal citizen act according to you?

normal citizens:

not godlike

tadaa.  thieves, wizards, bards, bakers, all "normal citizens" that can't lift the sun and moon with a wave of a horn or live for thousands and thousands of years without aging.

Night Pony

Quote from: The Wandering Magus on 2012 Jun 21, 18:17:47
Spoiler: show

lol

They are a race.

only due to:

normal citizens:

not godlike

tadaa.  thieves, wizards, bards, bakers, all "normal citizens" that can't lift the sun and moon with a wave of a horn or live for thousands and thousands of years without aging.

You just pointed out characteristics that define what is godlike and what is mortal.You do not said how a normal citizen acts.

The Wandering Magus

Quote from: Night Pony on 2012 Jun 21, 18:19:30
Quote from: The Wandering Magus on 2012 Jun 21, 18:17:47
Spoiler: show

lol

They are a race.

only due to:

normal citizens:

not godlike

You just pointed out characteristics that define what is godlike and what is mortal.You do not said how a normal citizen acts.

mortal <-> normal citizen
as far as has been shown, according to my personal definition.  well, aside from Twilight, who really pushes the boundary between demigod and normal.

Night Pony

Quote from: The Wandering Magus on 2012 Jun 21, 18:24:48

[/quote]

That maybe so but one thing is to say what is a normal citizen and whole different thing is to say how the certain mortal/normal citizen acts.

Also if we exclude the option that Alicorns aren't a race we must assign them to the existing races.What will they be?Some sort of pegasus/unicorn hybrids i suppose.

The Wandering Magus

Quote from: Night Pony on 2012 Jun 21, 18:29:32
Quote from: The Wandering Magus on 2012 Jun 21, 18:24:48

That maybe so but one thing is to say what is a normal citizen and whole different thing is to say how the certain mortal/normal citizen acts.

Also if we exclude the option that Alicorns aren't a race we must assign them to the existing races.What will they be?Some sort of pegasus/unicorn hybrids i suppose.
[/quote]the seemingly official word is something like "winged unicorn".

"two unicorn princesses" - S1E1

Night Pony

QuoteDespite being called "unicorns" on the show and "Pegasus unicorns" online by Hasbro, storyboard artist Sabrina Alberghetti calls the princesses alicorns. The use of terms directly from the show supersedes other conventions.

Anyway we're way off-topic as it is so let's end this discussion.

The Wandering Magus

implication: there must not be any orally transmitted diseases anywhere in Equestria...

Book Smarts

If Celestia didn't intervene at the end of lesson zero, the entire population would've been charmed into wanting Smarty Pants and Equestria would  had destroy itself.

Go Up