I'm a new musician and I'd like some feedback :D

Started by LutariFan, 2012 Jun 06, 13:41:08

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

LutariFan

Quote from: Poets Corner on 2012 Sep 29, 00:23:57
Hey, man! I'm more of a guitarman myself, but I've tried producing some. As a musician... I know how badly you want to hear some honest opinions! So, I've listened and thought through these! Overall man, you're off to a good start.

NLR remix- dude, it wasn't my favorite... but I still thought it wasn't that bad.

Space-- not terrible, but the part around 0:56 where it detunes kinds of loses me.

Ascending-- this is a good solid song. The beats kind of simple... Personally, I would've done somethin' a little more active  under it... but that may just be me. Either way, I like it.

Crystalline-- this is probs my second favorite of this bunch. It's got a cool game music kind of feel! I do think perhaps you could've had more of a building in it. The progression does get added to eventually... but I think it could do with a climactic point, y'know?

Solar Flare- this is my favorite song. PRetty decent synth, nice little melody going, cool atmosphere... this is a pretty rad song, friend.

Atmosphere-- this one is also pretty good. I love electronic music that has that dreamy sort of feel, and this is going in that direction! Nice use of pads. God i love pads.

Contact-- This sounds like you made an instrumental version of a pop song. It kind of sings to you-- and it's cool. I can kind of sing along with it, and that's part of why I love Skrillex so much (or Pinkie Pie Swear for that matter).

OVerall: If this is your beginning, I think you can do some cool stuff! One nitpick I have is that your drums are really sparse and I wish there was more going on there! I think bringing those drums a little up in the mix and a little focus on making some fuller beats would've made some of these like Ascending a little better.

Thanks! I will do remakes of most of these songs now that I've gotten more experience and Logic Pro.
Avatar by Night Pony! Big thanks to him! :D

Night_Comet

Name of the DAW and all the Vsts NAOW !!! :D

LutariFan

Quote from: Night_Comet on 2012 Oct 03, 06:13:44

All these songs were made with GarageBand, where one cannot use VSTs. It comes with all Macs.

I have Logic Pro as DAW now, but I haven't completed any songs with it yet. VSTs I use with Logic Pro are Sylenth1 (which I know how to use) and Massive(which I don't know how to use :l).

Night_Comet

Quote from: LutariFan on 2012 Oct 03, 11:33:10

All these songs were made with GarageBand, where one cannot use VSTs. It comes with all Macs.

I have Logic Pro as DAW now, but I haven't completed any songs with it yet. VSTs I use with Logic Pro are Sylenth1 (which I know how to use) and Massive(which I don't know how to use :l).

Lol, don't worry, Massive is pretty tough at the beginning but when you'll start to understand how it works, you'll get everything ^-^
PS : For more FX and synths, go for Tone2 Gladiator 2 and Nexus, and for better bass, I suggest Spectrasonic Trilogy

LutariFan

Quote from: Night_Comet on 2012 Oct 03, 15:15:59
Quote from: LutariFan on 2012 Oct 03, 11:33:10

Lol, don't worry, Massive is pretty tough at the beginning but when you'll start to understand how it works, you'll get everything ^-^
PS : For more FX and synths, go for Tone2 Gladiator 2 and Nexus, and for better bass, I suggest Spectrasonic Trilogy

Will check them out!

Go Up