Pinkie or Garfield! GO!

Pinkie Pie
38 (63.3%)
Garfield
22 (36.7%)

Total Members Voted: 59

Go Down

Brick Stonewood

I could never vote for Garfield in good consciousness. Now, that's not because he's completely selfish and cares only about his next meal, often acting at the expense of those around him, while Pinkie Pie actually contributes to society and tries her best to make everyone around her happy, mind you. It's more to do with the fact that I'm a writer, and My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic has much better writing than Garfield has ever had, and Pinkie Pie has received more character development in the past 2 years than Garfield ever managed in his 34-year run. She's also made me laugh during that time, which is more than I can say for that cat. I've honestly never been drawn much to unadulterated cynicism with no constructive intents. Lastly, Pinkie Pie has a much better singing voice.

HerpyDooves

If you guys think Garfield's comic strips now are funny compared to his old ones, the old ones are better, because Garfield used to be awesome, but now he's just run-down. While Garfield is lazy and a bit snobby (and can be a bit funny every once in a blue moon), but Pinkie Pie is very funny, and a bit hyper, making her funny into totally normal, because that's her personality. Garfield's funny doesn't make up for bitterness that we once used to love.

Little Judas

Quote from: HerpyDooves on 2012 Jun 11, 12:21:22
If you guys think Garfield's comic strips now are funny compared to his old ones, the old ones are better, because Garfield used to be awesome, but now he's just run-down. While Garfield is lazy and a bit snobby (and can be a bit funny every once in a blue moon), but Pinkie Pie is very funny, and a bit hyper, making her funny into totally normal, because that's her personality. Garfield's funny doesn't make up for bitterness that we once used to love.

He's still bitter, cynical, violent, sleepy and hungry. All the things he was before.
The only thing that changed is that Odie doesn't get beat up all the time and Jon has a girlfriend.
Thanks to Julius for my OC. (see the avatar)

Let it fly in the breeze and get caught in the trees, Give a home to the fleas, in my hair
A home for fleas, a hive for the buzzing bees, A nest for birds, there ain't no words
For the beauty, splendor, the wonder of my hair

Blues-Music

Pinkie pie is amazing ,but I have to go with garfield he is the same as pinkie ,but he breaks the 4th wall more odie on the other hand is pinkie ,but better if odie was on this I would vote odie.

PrincessButton

Quote from: Blues-Music on 2012 Jun 11, 12:55:49
Pinkie pie is amazing ,but I have to go with garfield he is the same as pinkie ,but he breaks the 4th wall more odie on the other hand is pinkie ,but better if odie was on this I would vote odie.

Uhh Garfield is NOT the same as Pinkie...  :s At all. They are almost opposites.
The only thing they have in common is that they eat a lot, and they break the fourth wall.

I like what Bloomberg said too..
o_O
[Avatar drawn by Dusky Hues; Thank you!]

HerpyDooves

They're not the same because Pinkie Pie is hyper while Garfield is a fat and lazy cat. But about what I said about Garfield's bitterness, I meant it USED to be funny, funny things like Garfield just don't last forever, that's what I meant by the comic strip being run-down.

The Traveling Monk

Sorry garf, but I always preferred Calvin and Hobbes anyway.  :D
Pinkie Pie ftw!
The path of life is a winding one. It is best to remain hopeful down it, and to bring a few good friends and snacks for the trip.   -Panxen, the traveling monk.

My OC: http://forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=2937.0

Crystal Chaos

*Cries for Garfield* You MONSTERS! Pinkie Pie always gets the love! *Pets Garfield and gives him lasagna*

HerpyDooves

I'm sorry Tiger, i'm going with Pinkie Pie because of the fact that i'm a Bronie, and Pinkie Pie is one of my favorite characters, but i'm sure if you asked this question to a website full of Garfield lovers, you'd probably get a lot of votes for your favorite cat.

Little Judas

Quote from: Crystal Chaos on 2012 Jun 14, 20:52:37
*Cries for Garfield* You MONSTERS! Pinkie Pie always gets the love! *Pets Garfield and gives him lasagna*

*He eats it and asks if there is more*
Thanks to Julius for my OC. (see the avatar)

Let it fly in the breeze and get caught in the trees, Give a home to the fleas, in my hair
A home for fleas, a hive for the buzzing bees, A nest for birds, there ain't no words
For the beauty, splendor, the wonder of my hair

Crystal Chaos

Quote from: Little Judas on 2012 Jun 15, 05:07:42
Quote from: Crystal Chaos on 2012 Jun 14, 20:52:37

*He eats it and asks if there is more*

*Gives him more* You're my favorite kitty.  <3

ChilledEagle

2012 Jun 15, 10:57:15 #51 Last Edit: 2012 Jun 15, 11:10:28 by ChilledEagle
I gotta go with Pinkie, not because she's a pony or anything but because Garfield just isn't as funny anymore. Even when I was younger I just got a giggle or two if I found something funny. Where Pinkie Pie gives me an actual laugh. So basically, even if Garfield was apart of my childhood, I'm giving this to Pinkie Pie.

Edit: I hope you all realize that just because a character breaks the fourth wall, doesn't make them funny. So the amount of times a character breaks the 4th wall shouldn't determine who's better.

Edit 2: I read the other comments and just because someone doesn't find something funny, doesn't mean you have to say they have no sense of humor... It just means that they don't share the same humor as you.  :l

Go Up