A game we can meet in.

Started by Blues-Music, 2012 Jun 04, 10:57:07

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Chishio Kunrin

I'd hesitantly suggest Second Life since there's a Rated G pony community there, but
1. It's Second Life
2. You have to download it
3. It's laggy for some people, like me

"(Ticktock, time is running out) What are you doing now?
I don't know where you are, don't even know your name.
They think I'm crazy, my heartbeat goes up..."

lurk852

I'm a bit late with this, but now that there are a bunch of well-made F2P MMOs, perhaps we could co-opt one of those, like LotRO or something? Haven't played many of those myself, so I don't know too much about which would be best.
"The passions are, and ought only to be the slave of reason." - David Hume

Wandering Star

If you want something about socializing in the meantime, I would suggest Second Life but, of course, it is Second Life and it has adult rated sims and lag XD.

Other game I would suggest is Spiral Knights. It find it rather casual and simple and it lets you talk and have fun in instances.

If it were still on, my main suggestion would be Earth Eternal BUT... poop hitted the fan long time ago.

Crystal Chaos

Quote from: Thunder Heart on 2012 Jun 07, 21:33:08
Feral Heart, anyone?
There's a pony community there, from what I remember. But it's been a while.

It lags way to much for me.  :(

Mr.Darkling

We can all meet up in EVE and I can blow you all up in my ridiculously large ship  ovO
Spoiler: show

On a serious note though I sadly don't really have anything that's both free, easy to run and "social" we can all jump all in; Will be lurking here though when and if you do find something though  ^-^
"Man is a make-believe animal, he is never so truly himself as when he is acting the part"

Relic

2012 Jun 13, 22:01:00 #25 Last Edit: 2012 Jun 13, 22:05:31 by Relic
Hmm...

Gaia zOMG? It's really social and you do run around in parties fighting things, but it can get boring and it does tend to lag for some, but that can be fixed with a few setting changes and doesn't require amazing hardware. If your computer was made after 2004, then you should be good. Besides, it's free to play and it's in browser. That's my best suggestion.

Thanks to Pigeon, Itty Bit, Thunder Heart, and Firefly!

[move=7][/move]

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: Relic on 2012 Jun 13, 22:01:00
Hmm...

Gaia zOMG? It's really social and you do run around in parties fighting things, but it can get boring and it does tend to lag for some, but that can be fixed with a few setting changes and doesn't require amazing hardware. If your computer was made after 2004, then you should be good. Besides, it's free to play and it's in browser. That's my best suggestion.

And if you wanna just hang out, there's GaiaTowns. :] Overall, GaiaOnline is pretty fun.

Iodine

There used to be a MLP MUSH but it's no longer running. A MLP MU* would be a great place to hang out daily and socialize, it's basically a text based MMORPG.

Crystal Chaos

Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2012 Jun 14, 04:51:59
Hmm...

And if you wanna just hang out, there's GaiaTowns. :] Overall, GaiaOnline is pretty fun.

Is it safe for kids?

I have a suggestion but I think it's a bit lame...

Free Realms...

Trilight Dashie

Quote from: Crystal Chaos on 2012 Jun 14, 09:01:34
Hmm...

Is it safe for kids?

Free Realms...

Err... I used to play Free Realms on PS3. After few months I found it on PC and gave it a try. And what can I say? Too many limitations. After fifth level in certain profession(ie. Football Star) you can't use this profession until you will buy premium pack. Free Realms isn't a good idea.

Why do chemists call helium, curium, and barium 'the medical elements'? Because, if you can't 'helium' or 'curium', you 'BARIUM'! Heheh."

Crystal Chaos

Quote from: Trilight Dashie on 2012 Jun 14, 09:11:42
Hmm...

Is it safe for kids?

Free Realms...

Err... I used to play Free Realms on PS3. After few months I found it on PC and gave it a try. And what can I say? Too many limitations. After fifth level in certain profession(ie. Football Star) you can't use this profession until you will buy premium pack. Free Realms isn't a good idea.

I know. It really sucks.

Fudgemuffin

Hmm...

Is it safe for kids?

Free Realms...

You have to be thirteen to join Gaia Online. Also, there are some inappropriate clothes and some players tend to talk about really rude things. :\

However, it really is fun if you get past that. ^-^

Chishio Kunrin

Hmm...

Is it safe for kids?

Free Realms...

I tried Free Realms once. I was bored, so I figured "Why not?" I was immediately stumbling over the controls, they were so terrible. There were an awful lot of people around in town, so they lagged me. Even the controls for fighting monsters seemed clumsy. I didn't really like it.

And yeah, after what Fudgemuffin said, I just kinda realized, I forget about that stuff. x3 So, ok, maybe not Gaia. I think items like that are more aimed toward users who've been around since like 2003 and such, the older teens.

Crystal Chaos

Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2012 Jun 14, 10:30:48
Hmm...

Is it safe for kids?

Free Realms...

I tried Free Realms once. I was bored, so I figured "Why not?" I was immediately stumbling over the controls, they were so terrible. There were an awful lot of people around in town, so they lagged me. Even the controls for fighting monsters seemed clumsy. I didn't really like it.

And yeah, after what Fudgemuffin said, I just kinda realized, I forget about that stuff. x3 So, ok, maybe not Gaia. I think items like that are more aimed toward users who've been around since like 2003 and such, the older teens.

Yeah. There is this chat room where you make a wolf and chat. But it's not what you guys want, I guess. Also, people there can be very mean.  :'(

Wandering Star

Did someone said IMVU? Yes,  another lame sin xD

Crystal Chaos

Quote from: Wandering Star on 2012 Jun 14, 10:51:38
Did someone said IMVU? Yes,  another lame sin xD

Hey, we don't we grit out teeth and wait for LoE?

Nala Valor

I would say Club Penguin but it gets bad because there is no pvp minigames exept the game card... Witch is lame. And I think the community is majitorily French... But that's only because I only went on french server. And it does have a premium membership that is a monthly thing so it's also lame... But it helped when I wanted to meet someone to chat with. Those guys and girls where added to my old skype but we never really talk...

So you can play if you really just want to chat but for anything else, don't.

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: Nala Valor on 2012 Jun 15, 23:11:24
I would say Club Penguin but it gets bad because there is no pvp minigames exept the game card... Witch is lame. And I think the community is majitorily French... But that's only because I only went on french server. And it does have a premium membership that is a monthly thing so it's also lame... But it helped when I wanted to meet someone to chat with. Those guys and girls where added to my old skype but we never really talk...

So you can play if you really just want to chat but for anything else, don't.

Isn't there also um... that one game, I forget its name. o_o You put red and black circles in and try to get 4 of your color in a row to win.

Club Penguin is kinda fun, but it's one of those games where all the really fun stuff is for paying members only. :l

KoalaLover99

Chat chat is an cool game to meet in :]

http://www.kongregate.com/games/TerryCavanagh_B/chatchat

I used to be a club penguin member, but I left when it changed... D:

LarryMcLie

Quote from: KoalaLover99 on 2012 Jun 17, 15:13:26
Chat chat is an cool game to meet in :]

http://www.kongregate.com/games/TerryCavanagh_B/chatchat

I used to be a club penguin member, but I left when it changed... D:

I played Chat Chat just a minute or two ago and it's fun and a bit weird. Name:LoraHorns

Go Up