Applejack, most under appreciated pony?

Started by Atomic Vortex, 2012 May 25, 16:06:02

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

PrincessButton

Quote from: Iron Girella on 2012 Jun 02, 09:22:14
i think that the difference between her and the other 5 ponies of the mane6 is that she will be always be like the first time you saw her: because it's a simple, happy, apple-lover, honest, friendly pony :3  :] Instead, pinkie pie, for example, it's strange and you can't seriously predict her, (like when she goes mad near the end of season one) so, on one side, it's more intresting and can focus the audience more on her :3  :')
BUT AT LEAST PINKIE PIE APPRECIATES  :\
[Avatar drawn by Dusky Hues; Thank you!]

Lord of Madness

we need a pinkie pie that was insane the way twilight was  ovO

PrincessButton

Quote from: Lord of Madness on 2012 Jun 02, 18:51:48
we need a pinkie pie that was insane the way twilight was  ovO

This thread is about APPLEJACK. :l

Lord of Madness

it appears i have posted in the wrong thread!, lets change that to, i want an applejack... the goes insane over something with her apples... THEN we would appreciate her more as in each episode we would watch them apples

sonyablademaster

I'm going to an Applejack toy the next time a buy a FIM toy

Atomic Vortex

2012 Jun 05, 14:01:16 #45 Last Edit: 2012 Jun 05, 19:04:43 by McSleuthburger
Quote from: Rainy-Chan on 2012 Jun 02, 07:55:07
Quote from: Atomic Vortex on 2012 May 25, 16:06:02
I think she's been the least developed character! What's up with that?! >:(

thats easy, she's the emptiest character so there is nothing to develop

oh no he didnt!

Dude... :l I am not amused. Applejack is best pony so, I love you.
My life mottoes:
"Never stop. Keep going until it's either done or becomes impossible."
"Determination is the source of everything. Without it we would lose the will to evolve and be the best we can be."

superpony

2012 Jun 05, 15:02:16 #46 Last Edit: 2012 Jun 05, 19:06:54 by McSleuthburger
Quote from: Atomic Vortex on 2012 Jun 05, 14:01:16

Now now calm down. No need to start swearing because of a difference in opinions. As to Rainy-Chan's comment yes I believe there would be plenty to develop with Applejack's character. Not that I've seen much of the show quite yet though lol. Hopefully she will get more of a spotlight in season three since it sounds like she hasn't had much of one yet?
And besides. Twilight is best pony.  ^-^

Link

2012 Jun 05, 17:15:15 #47 Last Edit: 2012 Jun 05, 19:08:59 by McSleuthburger
Quote from: Atomic Vortex on 2012 Jun 05, 14:01:16
Quote from: Rainy-Chan on 2012 Jun 02, 07:55:07
Quote from: Atomic Vortex on 2012 May 25, 16:06:02
I think she's been the least developed character! What's up with that?! >:(

thats easy, she's the emptiest character so there is nothing to develop

oh no he didnt!

Guys guys, calm down. This is just a discussion about ponies. ^-^

Remember to love and tolerate! Besides, AJ is being worked on; I'm sure she'll have some episodes all to herself in Season 3!  ^-^
[CENTER][/CENTER]

Chishio Kunrin

The results of my local anime convention this year are in (though I didn't get to go)! *Drum roll* There were Applejack cosplayers! Though, I also saw a Rarity cosplayer in charge of a booth in the dealer's room in one photo, and I saw at least a couple of Fluttershy cosplayers, a Rainbow Dash, and a Robot Rainbow Dash. However, there were numerous Applejacks.

"(Ticktock, time is running out) What are you doing now?
I don't know where you are, don't even know your name.
They think I'm crazy, my heartbeat goes up..."

PrincessButton

There should be a poll, about who agrees and who disagrees with this..o:

Chishio Kunrin

Apple! :] This is one of the photos one of my friends took at an anime convention this past weekend.

"(Ticktock, time is running out) What are you doing now?
I don't know where you are, don't even know your name.
They think I'm crazy, my heartbeat goes up..."

Nova Class

.... In my opinion there really isn't that much to work on with AJ.... As a kid show her character development is slow and might just completely stop, they're going to have to think of something for Apple, something that can give her more episodes but also kid friendly. So they have a lot to think about.... Maybe if they dig up her past.... Still its hard to think episodes for her that won't be like the derpy situation

Blues-Music

You would think this pony gets a lot of appreciation.
[ Invalid YouTube link ]

Explolguy

I never really understood why there wasn't a larger fanbase with her. If I were going to pick a pony that I disliked the most, it would be Fluttershy. Mainly because her episodes just involve the same thing. "OMG I HAZ 2 TOUGHEN UP CUZ I M WIMP."

Applejack is a pretty dynamic character, honestly. She's definitely up there on my list.

Lary

Could've been something great. But ya' blew it... Ya' blew it.

PrincessButton

Firey

I like Applejack because she works on a farm and my Dad used to work on a farm with my grandparents.  ^-^

I can also seem to relate to Applejack in a several ways.  :]
The pain of loneliness...it hurts...

ShadowHeart

I think I know the reason for people not paying much attention to AJ. Most people like pegasi and unicorns better than earth ponies. The only reason people like pinkie pie though because her talent is throwing parties and making people smile which includes, ice skating, pinkie sense, an adorable voice, and breaking the fourth wall. I like AJ a lot though.  :]

Join the changeling herd, or she'll devour your love!

Ozzy

All others I don't really enjoy much, though I will admit Applejack is my favourite of the mane 6.
As for character development? Errr..I don't know. I'll leave the watchers to that

Chautauquan

Much of the show centers around finding character flaws.  In western society, hard labor (like farmwork) often leads to higher ethical values (or thus we perceive life)  So, because Applejack already knows the virtue of work, it's hard to find ways to see her weakness.  The strongest episodes relate directly to the character.   Sure, Applejack could've gone nutso jealous about something, but it wouldn't be logical.  We have to find ways wherein her strength is also her weakness, or a little chink in the armor.  I think the episodes dedicated to her did this well, striking a balance, and showing the difficulties in her work-ethic.  But really, for a show dedicated to internal development, she's rather, well, healthy.  I think that's part of the reason why I like her.  It's rather like one of my friends said recently (we were discussing dysfunctional families, and I was rather... lacking in knowledge.)  "Poor guy, you don't know what normal isn't."  I simply couldn't comprehend it.  Likewise, there's a strong familial background for the Apples which tends to iron out many issues.  The other ponies appear to be away from home, but there's always someone in the family to back AJ up.  While friends are absolutely necessary, family is the foundation, and often you find your best friends therein.  Just my two bits.  (I ramble enough to owe another dozen, however.)
"I often wish that the two groups - adults and kids - could find a way to get along better. ... The biggest problem is, the adults have one of the most effective recruitment strategies in the world.

Give them enough time, and they'll turn any kid into one of them."
-Brandon Sanderson

Go Up