Started by Scoots, 2012 May 24, 07:29:49

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Lord of Madness

Quote from: lurk852 on 2012 May 24, 17:25:20
Quote from: Scoots on 2012 May 24, 07:29:49First topic:
Who do you think Amon is? O:

The crazy Earth Nation king from the original series.

...C'mon, you know it'd be awesome.

Alternate answer: Zuko's mom. ^-^

I might be late hitting here but you took the words right out of my mouth my friend. So all of the awards are now yours.  ovO

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: Lord of Madness on 2012 Jul 27, 05:21:22

I might be late hitting here but you took the words right out of my mouth my friend. So all of the awards are now yours.  ovO

But... but... Boomy (the crazy Earth Nation king) was old in the first series, so chances are 100% that he's dead in the Korra series. Zuko's mom is probably dead too, if she wasn't already dead in the first series.

That's right. I said it.
Everyone's like "What happened to Zuko's mom?!" and I came up with a theory.

Evil grandpa Fire Emperor Azulon was all "You will know the pain of losing a son." to Zuko's dad, and Azula was like "Dad's gonna kill you~" to Zuko. That night, Zuko's mom told him that she does what she does to protect him, and then she left and was never seen again.
Thus. she. sacrificed herself. for Zuko. She was killed in Zuko's place.

"(Ticktock, time is running out) What are you doing now?
I don't know where you are, don't even know your name.
They think I'm crazy, my heartbeat goes up..."

Lord of Madness

Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2012 Jul 27, 05:26:52

But... but... Boomy (the crazy Earth Nation king) was old in the first series, so chances are 100% that he's dead in the Korra series. Zuko's mom is probably dead too, if she wasn't already dead in the first series.

That's right. I said it.

Evil grandpa Fire Emperor Azulon was all "You will know the pain of losing a son." to Zuko's dad, and Azula was like "Dad's gonna kill you~" to Zuko. That night, Zuko's mom told him that she does what she does to protect him, and then she left and was never seen again.

The show seems to have a lot of sad moments like his from time to time out of nowhere. Ether way I find I like how it makes the story my interesting.

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: Lord of Madness on 2012 Jul 27, 05:33:39
Spoiler: show

That's right. I said it.

The show seems to have a lot of sad moments like his from time to time out of nowhere. Ether way I find I like how it makes the story my interesting.

Yeah, I really like how they do that. They don't dull it down for kids too much, unlike some cartoons today.

Little Judas

That's right. I said it.

Nice theory, but...
Ozai said to Zuko (black sun moment) something about: "She came up with a plan." "She committed treason."  "She was banished.".
Then Azulon died. So, if Ozai wasn't lying, I think she either killed him or at least plotted his assassination.
Thanks to Julius for my OC. (see the avatar)

Let it fly in the breeze and get caught in the trees, Give a home to the fleas, in my hair
A home for fleas, a hive for the buzzing bees, A nest for birds, there ain't no words
For the beauty, splendor, the wonder of my hair

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: Little Judas on 2012 Jul 27, 12:44:03
That's right. I said it.

Nice theory, but...
Ozai said to Zuko (black sun moment) something about: "She came up with a plan." "She committed treason."  "She was banished.".
Then Azulon died. So, if Ozai wasn't lying, I think she either killed him or at least plotted his assassination.

I must've missed that when I saw it. I didn't remember that. Alright, then.

Rissian

2012 Jul 27, 15:06:31 #26 Last Edit: 2012 Jul 27, 17:51:52 by Trege
Also at the end of the final episode Zuko confronted Ozai in prison saying he hopes it will change Ozai's ways, and shortly after he went up to the bars and said. "Now your going to answer something for me. Where is my mother!?"

Granted I don't think the authors decided to explain what happened after that since The Legend of Korra came after it and is likely too far into the future for us to know what happened to Zuko and his search efforts, unless they make some bonus episode or something.

(I kind of wish they would have explained what happened though. :c)

lurk852

Quote from: Trege on 2012 Jul 27, 15:06:31
Also at the end of the final episode Zuko confronted Ozai in prison saying he hopes it will change Ozai's ways, and shortly after he went up to the bars and said. "Now your going to answer something for me. Where is my mother!?"

Granted I don't think the authors decided to explain what happened after that since The Legend of Korra came after it and is likely too far into the future for us to know what happened to Zuko and his search efforts, unless they make some bonus episode or something.

Given the little quip about Zuko's mom at the start of Legend of Korra, and how much they've incorporated the later lives of so many characters from the first series, I think there's a pretty decent chance that her fate will be explained at some point. I hope so, anyway...  :s
"The passions are, and ought only to be the slave of reason." - David Hume

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: lurk852 on 2012 Jul 27, 18:25:13
Quote from: Trege on 2012 Jul 27, 15:06:31

Given the little quip about Zuko's mom at the start of Legend of Korra, and how much they've incorporated the later lives of so many characters from the first series, I think there's a pretty decent chance that her fate will be explained at some point. I hope so, anyway...  :s

Exactly. Katara knows the story. :D
"What happened to Zuko's mother?"
"Well, that is one of the most interesting and exciting stories-- *Gets interrupted*"

Sponk

Y'all do know they made a comic explaining what happened after the show ended?

It explains quite alot! :D
Blah blah blah.

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: Sponk on 2012 Jul 29, 05:58:00

WHAT?! WHERE?! What is this comic? What is its name? What name shall I use to summon it forth from Barnes & Noble whilst I also grant upon myself a frappuccino?

Sponk

Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2012 Jul 29, 06:04:21

WHAT?! WHERE?! What is this comic? What is its name? What name shall I use to summon it forth from Barnes & Noble whilst I also grant upon myself a frappuccino?
Well I read it on youtube. It's not fan-made, it's just someone sharing there findings.
BUT. I can't remember it's name sorry. >.<
Blah blah blah.

Little Judas

2012 Jul 29, 12:58:57 #32 Last Edit: 2012 Jul 29, 13:02:17 by Little Judas
Quote from: Sponk on 2012 Jul 29, 06:16:05
Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2012 Jul 29, 06:04:21

Well I read it on youtube. It's not fan-made, it's just someone sharing there findings.
BUT. I can't remember it's name sorry. >.<

http://avatar.wikia.com/wiki/List_of_Avatar:_The_Last_Airbender_comics
and
http://avatar.wikia.com/wiki/The_Promise
Thanks to Julius for my OC. (see the avatar)

Let it fly in the breeze and get caught in the trees, Give a home to the fleas, in my hair
A home for fleas, a hive for the buzzing bees, A nest for birds, there ain't no words
For the beauty, splendor, the wonder of my hair

lurk852

An official comic? Where can I find it?

Weatherboy1

I felt the ending was a little overkill in the Closure department. If only Mass effect 3 had that kind of closure

Stardust Dragon

Quote from: Weatherboy1 on 2012 Jul 29, 15:16:37
I felt the ending was a little overkill in the Closure department. If only Mass effect 3 had that kind of closure

I agree that the ending was a bit rushed for closure, but from what I understand it wasn't known if Nick would pick up the show for another season or not, so they wanted to wrap up as much as they could, in case the story didn't have more time to unfold.  For me the Asami-Mako situation was handled a bit poorly, and I'd like to have seen what would happen if given more time. 

Weatherboy1

Quote from: Stardust Dragon on 2012 Jul 31, 22:47:58

I agree that the ending was a bit rushed for closure, but from what I understand it wasn't known if Nick would pick up the show for another season or not, so they wanted to wrap up as much as they could, in case the story didn't have more time to unfold.  For me the Asami-Mako situation was handled a bit poorly, and I'd like to have seen what would happen if given more time.

Yeah it made it seem like it ended. I mean (SPOILER ALERT Below)

Having Amon and Tarrlock dying in the end instantly killed the Antagonist. Also everything had a happy ending. I'm not saying its Mass effect 3 bad (original) But I would give it a C-

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: Weatherboy1 on 2012 Aug 05, 14:51:59
Quote from: Stardust Dragon on 2012 Jul 31, 22:47:58

Yeah it made it seem like it ended. I mean (SPOILER ALERT Below)

Having Amon and Tarrlock dying in the end instantly killed the Antagonist. Also everything had a happy ending. I'm not saying its Mass effect 3 bad (original) But I would give it a C-

Psst. The "Sp" button above the Sweeite Belle emote makes a spoiler box to hide your spoiler.

lurk852

I'm not convinced Amon and Tarlokk are really dead, given that actual deaths are pretty rare in the Avatar universe.

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: lurk852 on 2012 Aug 05, 15:24:23
I'm not convinced Amon and Tarlokk are really dead, given that actual deaths are pretty rare in the Avatar universe.

Personally, I thought it was kind of awesome how that ended.
I shed a single tear when Lin had her bending taken, by the way. Such a good show, man. So dramatic, it really gets yah.

Go Up