The problem with my OC

Started by Sook, 2017 Apr 30, 18:06:28

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Sook

Not an introduction, exactly, but something I thought I should mention.
I recently noticed that my OC looks an awful lot like Eliyora. This was, of course, unintentional, but the point stands.
Tell me what you think. If most people agree that there are too many similarities, I'll try to come up with a different design, or at least change the colour scheme.

Gamepaw

I think it's fine, plenty of ponies share the same name or similar colours.

Thunder Spin

It is a nice OC, why would you change it? Uhh, if you don't want it to look like Eli's you can just brighten the coat color or change the mane style. Your OC looks good just the way it is.

Stardust Dragon

Honestly the best advice I can give you is this: don't worry too much about it.  Sure it's nice if your OC is unique, but let me ask a question of you.  WHY did you make this OC?  If the answer is "because I wanted to", then I don't think you need to change anything.  Make whatever character you like, ask for criticism if you feel it needs improving.

And FYI: this is entirely hypocritical advice.  I've spent hours trying to convince myself I didn't just ponyfy Frozen's Elsa in making one of my OCs, Winter Whisper.  At some point it's just not worth worrying over.  :P

Purple

I honestly don't see the resemblance, so I wouldn't worry about it ^^

Go Up