Limited Access Release Applicants Have Been Contacted! Please Check Your Emails!

Started by Ellowee, 2016 Dec 10, 18:00:18

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

FirePetalFox

Quote from: Asriel on 2016 Dec 10, 22:22:27
Not necessarily. While sending in a prompt application tells them you are serious about the game, they were more interested in what sort of computer and operating system you had, as well as your previous experience in testing games. The primary purpose of this first wave is to get all the bugs found and fixed before release.

And anyway, another application for the second wave is coming out this Monday, the 12th, which should be slightly less exclusive.

Still, the primary purpose is bug fixing, so if you are a casual player, it is probably best to wait until the final release.

Or you can still apply for that chance of getting in.

This is a very important eye on this type of stuff ^ In certain colleges there is a course on Game Testing, and one of the key points is "A gamer does NOT make a good tester." This being fan made, the need for people with lines of experience were more than likely a plus as many companies have 10-20 testers along with the common player to sort through their issues.
Hello Hello fillies and colts, summoner Foxbrush at your service, Also go by FirePetalFox
DA: http://firepetalfox.deviantart.com/

#SetFiretoFlan

solarflare13

Quote from: Asriel on 2016 Dec 10, 22:22:27
Not necessarily. While sending in a prompt application tells them you are serious about the game, they were more interested in what sort of computer and operating system you had, as well as your previous experience in testing games. The primary purpose of this first wave is to get all the bugs found and fixed before release.

And anyway, another application for the second wave is coming out this Monday, the 12th, which should be slightly less exclusive.

Still, the primary purpose is bug fixing, so if you are a casual player, it is probably best to wait until the final release.

Or you can still apply for that chance of getting in.

*sighs* apologies if my comment was a little 'rough' earlier...

I have a gaming PC (a HP Omen to be exact), which is more than capable of running the game smoothly and I unfortunately had to send in TWO applications because I made a mistake with the first one. (kinda of a "derp" moment if you ask me :P)
I thought it was saying: "Do you want to be a tester for the limited access release of LOE" and I just said "yes". It was only after I took a long, hard look at the question to realise there was a "Why" in the very same question, soo that's why I had to send in a second application X3

I just feel bad for all the peope who didnt get in, that's all  :( <3

While I do understand that they only want people who's had previous experience in these sort of things and they want general feedback as to how the game can be improved for when the game is fully released, I still think its kinda unfair how every-pony else was left out :(

Monday 12th eh? :/ <3

~RainCloud

Quote from: solarflare13 on 2016 Dec 10, 23:06:57
*sighs* apologies if my comment was a little 'rough' earlier...

I have a gaming PC (a HP Omen to be exact), which is more than capable of running the game smoothly and I unfortunately had to send in TWO applications because I made a mistake with the first one. (kinda of a "derp" moment if you ask me :P)
I thought it was saying: "Do you want to be a tester for the limited access release of LOE" and I just said "yes". It was only after I took a long, hard look at the question to realise there was a "Why" in the very same question, soo that's why I had to send in a second application X3

I just feel bad for all the peope who didnt get in, that's all  :( <3

While I do understand that they only want people who's had previous experience in these sort of things and they want general feedback as to how the game can be improved for when the game is fully released, I still think its kinda unfair how every-pony else was left out :(

Monday 12th eh? :/ <3

The HP Omen you have is a laptop or a desktop?

and yes I think because you sent in 2 applications is what got you there and weren't able to proceed :(
IGN: RainCloud,  Purple Pegasus with Blue mane and Tail (Darker shades of Blue) and Red Eyes
Outfit: Lunar Armor, Lantern and Glasses
Level 50 Pegasus. Find me in game! PM for any game related questions! :)
Can PM In Game or Forum and I'll get back to you ASAP!

ColeThePony/Toothless

:O

QuoteGreat news! We've reviewed all of the applications we've received for the Limited Access Release - and you've been chosen!

Out of the thousands of applicants, we've narrowed it down to our selection of the people we feel are best suited to help us test Legends of Equestria in this early stage - and you're in that number.

WHAT?!!

Quoteand you've been chosen!

Yay

Finally. It's about time. I got accepted in the L.A.R.

I am really hyped for December 12 2016.

For peoples who won't get in the L.A.R. I am sorry and i hope to see you all when the game is officially released.
so. Bye~ni! 

Asriel

Quote from: DrMurdershy on 2016 Dec 10, 22:28:43
I believe that this is correct.

Yes it can be frustrating. But as he said. One of the things they were mainly looking for were previous experience in beta testing games in which I've beta tested games before. Have been off and on for years since 2010.

Also, computer specs. Even though I highly doubt that the game requires alot of processing power from your CPU or graphic intensity on loading textures would depend on both GPU and CPU. They'd still prefer having a PC that have decent specs I guess?

Some people have also been following this project for years and some of those I'd imagine were chosen because of their dedication in helping the games improvement and help the developers and programmers to make sure the game is running smoothly using Unity 3D's C++ coding system which would be displayed if there was a SCRIPT error in the game which I've found during the last OSW back in July of this year. That's something we don't have access to. But it would be displayed if there was such error. Scripts are a difficult task to write due to it being performed in computer language which takes a mighty amount of skill and patience to do such thing.

Great. I'm rambling again. Anyway, don't worry solarflare, it's not the end of the world. I hope to see you in game when the game is fully released or unless there actually will be a 2nd wave of applications for LAR which there may or may not be. Just wait and see friend!  ^-^

Just remember, the game is in testing stages before final release which could be a few months away. Don't go, just stay tuned for news okay?

I got official confirmation (I forgot from whom) that the next wave's applications will be released on the 12th.
"Henceforth," Ditzy continued, "you shall observe Muffin Monday on the first Thursday of every August! You shall commemorate it... with a minute of solemn silence for reflection on the fragility of life. And then, muffins!"

GreenTab

Good thing there's a second wave, couldn't apply for the first one because work...

As for the chosen ones... congratz and enjoy it lads this is a unique opportunity. Also you better pinpoint those bugs!

solarflare13

Quote from: DrMurdershy on 2016 Dec 10, 23:11:26
The HP Omen you have is a laptop or a desktop?

and yes I think because you sent in 2 applications is what got you there and weren't able to proceed :(

That would be a laptop my good friend :D <3

aww man!!! D: I knew it!!! :'( <3

Proudy Hooves

It's time for a YAY chant!
Yay-Yay-Yay!

Congrats to anybody else who are selected for LAR!
And people who didn't got in for the first wave - don't give up! You'll always get a chance later!
Your friendly casual-ish russian-speakin' brony.
Russian LoE Veteran, being around since 2013+!
|Mint Kingdom proud member| |Team La-Vo-Chka!~|
#12YearsOfMLPFIM #BoopOuttaNowhere #ThankYouG4MLP

solarflare13

Quote from: DrMurdershy on 2016 Dec 10, 22:28:43
I believe that this is correct.

Yes it can be frustrating. But as he said. One of the things they were mainly looking for were previous experience in beta testing games in which I've beta tested games before. Have been off and on for years since 2010.

Also, computer specs. Even though I highly doubt that the game requires alot of processing power from your CPU or graphic intensity on loading textures would depend on both GPU and CPU. They'd still prefer having a PC that have decent specs I guess?

Some people have also been following this project for years and some of those I'd imagine were chosen because of their dedication in helping the games improvement and help the developers and programmers to make sure the game is running smoothly using Unity 3D's C++ coding system which would be displayed if there was a SCRIPT error in the game which I've found during the last OSW back in July of this year. That's something we don't have access to. But it would be displayed if there was such error. Scripts are a difficult task to write due to it being performed in computer language which takes a mighty amount of skill and patience to do such thing.

Great. I'm rambling again. Anyway, don't worry solarflare, it's not the end of the world. I hope to see you in game when the game is fully released or unless there actually will be a 2nd wave of applications for LAR which there may or may not be. Just wait and see friend!  ^-^

Just remember, the game is in testing stages before final release which could be a few months away. Don't go, just stay tuned for news okay?

Dont worry :) I wont quit on Legends Of Equestria. I was just frustrated by the fact that I wasnt picked, that's all :'(

It's just that I wanna play the game SOO badly and I wanna play it with all my friends ^_^ (including you and every-pony else :3)

Well it's like I said. I have a gaming laptop that is more than capable of running the game smoothly ^_^ <3

Well when you put it that way...that does sound really complicated :O...

I really do hope that the both of us get accepted in the 2nd wave of applications for the Limited access release (I just hope that I dont make the same mistake again where I sent TWO applications only because I stuffed up the first one :P) and I remember your name from the last OSW in July. You were in the same server as me (Coltorado) and I really love your name too :3 X3

PS: I'm in a youtube video :P <3 (1:57:35)
&t=7497s

RazerRonald

OMG Yes I got in. Thanks guys. Hope to see all of you in Equestria soon. For those that did not get in, don't worry, you will get a second shot.

Thunder Spin

Awwww. I am not in. Well, I do have another hope ^-^ in the next wave. No feeling bad. *hugs everybody who wasn't selected, so they will feel better* I think that they have selected some old accounts, because they knan us especially better than me because I am somehow old but I have never played it. IT WAS ONLY FOR 2 DAYS AND I WOULD BE DECEMBER 31st  DD:

Anyway, congratulations to those who are in! I hope you all have fun playing the game!

LPatamon

Everyone who didn't got chosen, don't worry! remember there will be more phases later to select more people to test the game. Meanwhile all of us who got chosen are going to work hard reporting bugs and problems to make the game better for everyone ^-^

So cheer up! This first phase is dedicated to you all :D

RedsBone

I didn't get in ...
I see you're all saying there'll be second chances and the full release is not far away, but I don't really want to "play" the game. I just want to search for bugs, try to break the game, write reports, you know, that's the sort of thing I really enjoy. And there's a very narrow window of time where I can actually do that. So I'm still very sad
:(

Asriel

Quote from: RedsBone on 2016 Dec 11, 07:31:50
I didn't get in ...
I see you're all saying there'll be second chances and the full release is not far away, but I don't really want to "play" the game. I just want to search for bugs, try to break the game, write reports, you know, that's the sort of thing I really enjoy. And there's a very narrow window of time where I can actually do that. So I'm still very sad
:(

Well, December 12th is the next application, so you still have a chance for that. Just maybe not the first wave of it.
"Henceforth," Ditzy continued, "you shall observe Muffin Monday on the first Thursday of every August! You shall commemorate it... with a minute of solemn silence for reflection on the fragility of life. And then, muffins!"

CuddlySylvy

I still have no clue if I got accepted or not... My email is a mess
someone save me. JUST HELP MY POOR EYES!

oh wait

I didn't get in :D yay time to wait I love waiting

Look kitty, a wizard

[insert grumpy cat meme here]

FlutterButterflyMLP

Guys, don't worry if you didn't make it in, because you're not alone. I didn't get in either, so don't be sad. You can try again next time, or wait for the full release. ^-^
I am a student digital artist and a big fan of Steven Universe. I'm playing as Pastel Cloud.<br />See you in Equestria!<br /><br />

Scootashy

finding bug problems and giving error and or even crash reports is important to get the rest in that wanna be there with there friends without being bugged out glitched in spots or crash. I'll apply again on the 12th since I'm pretty good at it and would like to be part of debugging and getting loe ready for everypony.

RedsBone

A serious question:

Will you still actively accept bug reports and allow us to try and break the game after the full release happens?

Flittur

Quote from: RedsBone on 2016 Dec 11, 10:19:22
A serious question:

Will you still actively accept bug reports and allow us to try and break the game after the full release happens?

I think that's definitely a yes, since bugs are going to be an issue no matter the phase of the game, especially when new updates come.
http://flitturr.deviantart.com/

I first played in 2014, though I seem to have forgotten the account. >.<

Icy Shield

Quote from: CuddlySylvy on 2016 Dec 11, 09:19:15
I still have no clue if I got accepted or not... My email is a mess
someone save me. JUST HELP MY POOR EYES!

oh wait

I didn't get in :D yay time to wait I love waiting

If you can see a new LAR discussion board in forum then you're in!  ;)

Let it snow!

Go Up