Legends of Equestria is Recruiting!

Started by Ellowee, 2016 Oct 16, 19:20:14

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

ILM126

I'm going to apply for the Script Implementation soon! Been waiting for a few years now, can't wait! >.<

Sigmath_Bits

Any specification for what program to use / is preferred for the 2D art? For instance, I tend to use GIMP (since it's free and open source), but is, say, Photoshop or some other program more preferable?

Same for 3D modelling. In the animation section you specify you want Maya experience, but not in the 3D modelling section. I was learning Blender a while back, is that suitable? Or is Maya absolutely required?

Thanks in advance if there is ever a reply =P

Jcfraven

Quote from: Sigmath6 on 2016 Oct 30, 08:54:11
Any specification for what program to use / is preferred for the 2D art? For instance, I tend to use GIMP (since it's free and open source), but is, say, Photoshop or some other program more preferable?

Same for 3D modelling. In the animation section you specify you want Maya experience, but not in the 3D modelling section. I was learning Blender a while back, is that suitable? Or is Maya absolutely required?

Thanks in advance if there is ever a reply =P

Hey Sigma!

I will update you on 2D in due time, but I wanted to go ahead and address the 3D elements:

So long as your program uses fbx and obj files, then you can use it for 3D Modeling. However, it is preferred that you utilize Blender or Maya, as you can get assistance from the TLs if need-be.

For animation, however, Maya is absolutely required, because all programs have a different style of rigging, and making Maya the standard helps streamline the process.

As I said before, I will address 2D soon, but I wanted to go ahead and mention this part.

If you have any further questions, comments, and/or concerns, simply message me, or email [email protected].

Have a blessed week!

Sigmath_Bits

Quote from: Jcfraven on 2016 Oct 30, 13:33:21
Hey Sigma!

I will update you on 2D in due time, but I wanted to go ahead and address the 3D elements:

So long as your program uses fbx and obj files, then you can use it for 3D Modeling. However, it is preferred that you utilize Blender or Maya, as you can get assistance from the TLs if need-be.

For animation, however, Maya is absolutely required, because all programs have a different style of rigging, and making Maya the standard helps streamline the process.

As I said before, I will address 2D soon, but I wanted to go ahead and mention this part.

If you have any further questions, comments, and/or concerns, simply message me, or email [email protected].

Have a blessed week!

Awesome, thanks a bunch for your reply! I'll be on the lookout for the info on the 2D stuff. :)

And thanks, hope your week is just as blessed! ^-^

LostSanity

When is this ending?

I legitimately haven't had time to record my voice work to send in.

:I
[shadow=gray,left]I'M ONLY HAPPY WHEN IT REIGNS[/shadow]

The Roman Reigns of the forum

Flittur

Quote from: Jcfraven on 2016 Oct 30, 13:33:21
Hey Sigma!

Have a blessed week!

I'm in a similar situation. I'm wanting to apply, but all of my stuff is drawn in SAI and i'm assuming i'll need to vector over it into an SVG.  >A<

Better get learning inkscape.  :l
http://flitturr.deviantart.com/

I first played in 2014, though I seem to have forgotten the account. >.<

BludSpammd

Quote from: Flittur on 2016 Nov 01, 22:51:39
I'm in a similar situation. I'm wanting to apply, but all of my stuff is drawn in SAI and i'm assuming i'll need to vector over it into an SVG.  >A<

Better get learning inkscape.  :l

Actually. Not everything needs to be vectored. We've had texture artists who don't have vectoring skills, but vectoring can help in case something need to be changed because then you don't need to re-draw it. 99.9% of the cases that won't happen though.

It is always recommended to know how to display your own texture on the finished model like in Photoshop Extended, but if you apply and do get in I can teach you how to do that. It won't take more than 30-50 minutes to learn.

Flittur

Quote from: BludSpammd on 2016 Nov 02, 19:25:27
Actually. Not everything needs to be vectored. We've had texture artists who don't have vectoring skills, but vectoring can help in case something need to be changed because then you don't need to re-draw it. 99.9% of the cases that won't happen though.

It is always recommended to know how to display your own texture on the finished model like in Photoshop Extended, but if you apply and do get in I can teach you how to do that. It won't take more than 30-50 minutes to learn.

Oh, that's good news.  ^-^

I don't think I should bother applying yet since i'm so new to art, and the only thing I can do decently are characters.
http://flitturr.deviantart.com/

I first played in 2014, though I seem to have forgotten the account. >.<

Pipkin

2016 Nov 14, 10:25:38 #31 Last Edit: 2016 Dec 08, 08:00:25 by Princess Darcy
A separate recruitment post for the Legends of Equestria Moderation Team has been made, and will remain open until 11/21/2016 11:59PM EST.

http://forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=16305.0

If you are interested in applying and meet the requirements please follow the instructions in that thread and let us know there if you have any questions!

Good luck to anyone who applies.

Applications are now closed.  Thank you to all who applied.

Furciel

Wondering about the VA positioning here!

I am quite curious here! Is it just random pony voices you are aiming for or are you aiming for the main cast as well, unless that is already been casted and taken care of. I only ask about the main characters for the fact I am personally one for Fluttershy and Rainbow Dash, though I am quite happy to try and other or random ones needed for story to progress!

Thank you very much!
I am just your casual every day pony who wants to make a difference in the world by making other smile one by one, going to conventions and voice acting Fluttershy for children honestly is the best feeling someone could ever experience!

Smile! It's something everyone can wear on their face proudly!

wolflover212

Cadance Witt~

Pipkin

Quote from: Furciel on 2016 Nov 17, 15:09:06
Wondering about the VA positioning here!

I am quite curious here! Is it just random pony voices you are aiming for or are you aiming for the main cast as well, unless that is already been casted and taken care of. I only ask about the main characters for the fact I am personally one for Fluttershy and Rainbow Dash, though I am quite happy to try and other or random ones needed for story to progress!

Thank you very much!

While I am not on the voice acting team I can say for certain that LoE does not have any canon characters, such as the Mane 6 for example.  I suggest perhaps sending an email to the team through the address in the recruiting post if you would like more information about the position :)

Guard120

My wife and I could possibly lend a hand in the VA department.

hthom32

The December the 1st or longer? :(

RedsBone

Quote from: hthom32 on 2016 Nov 26, 04:40:11
The December the 1st or longer? :(

Well if they tell us the specific week (which they probably haven't established anyway), then we'll want to know what day it is. If they tell us the day, we'll want to know the hour ... and so on. You can always get more specific (until you reach the Planck time, but that's besides the point).

So, by that logic, it really doesn't matter how specifically they tell us when the release will happen - as long as it is something. ;)

NoteworthyPony

Sent in an application Re: Scripting :D
Would love to help out, super keen.
@NoteworthyPony

Clare Gundersen

I just sent in my voice actress application!
Meow! :3

Go Up