2017 Mar 28, 23:23:09

Author Topic: Crafting???  (Read 554 times)

Offline Cogsworth Wingthrop

• Old enough to know better, to young to care.
    • View Profile
Crafting???
« on: 2016 Aug 11, 05:14:56 »
In the combat in LoE thread a crafting system was mentioned, didn't want to hijack that thread so here we are. Can we get any details on this?

I would love to build a little gyrocopter or ornithopter, after all why do you think a unicorn has a gear wing talent mark. I realize that would mean some kind of vehicle system, probably not going to happen, but I can dream
« Last Edit: 2016 Aug 11, 05:49:48 by Cogsworth Wingthrop »
Our virtues and our failings are inseparable, like force and matter. When they separate, man is no more. Nikola Tesla

Offline SimK64

• Writer
    • View Profile
Re: Crafting???
« Reply #1 on: 2016 Aug 11, 21:31:15 »
I've seen images of items I have yet to see in this game. Some of them appear to be crafting materials.

That's the best I've got for this.

But what I wouldn't mind crafting is this.

Offline OtakuMegane

• Puzzled Serenity
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2016 Aug 11, 22:55:05 »
Crafting could be fun and I imagine they'll try to implement something. Though I wouldn't expect it to be a complex system.
I'm an adult. I do what I want.

Offline Rasy

• Designer
  • LoE: Land of the Free, Home of The Ponies!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2016 Aug 12, 01:09:45 »
Sounds something that can be used for making quest items too.

Offline McClaw

• Editor
  • Aerial surveying griffon extraordinaire.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2016 Aug 12, 10:41:47 »
Sounds something that can be used for making quest items too.
I haven't seen any (yet), but I wouldn't be surprised if there were eventually quests expecting/requiring crafting.
Watch for "Census Taker", the "Snark" ponies, and "Carrot Messenger".

Offline Cyan Spark

• Sparks only last so long
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2016 Aug 13, 08:02:29 »
Well, if these things are anything to go by, armor crafting should be coming soon!

Offline Cogsworth Wingthrop

• Old enough to know better, to young to care.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2016 Aug 13, 10:34:07 »
Well, if these things are anything to go by, armor crafting should be coming soon!

I was hoping for something more. When I think of crafting in MMOs, the first thing I think of is armor and weapons. I just thought this game would be different.

Besides who would want something besides Moonlight Armor.  ovO

I saw a couple NPCs mention bicycles, that is one of the things that got my hopes up about a gyrocopter similar to Pinky's in Griffon the brush off.

How about carts so a speedy Pegasus friend could pull my slow flank around ^-^
Our virtues and our failings are inseparable, like force and matter. When they separate, man is no more. Nikola Tesla

Offline Rasy

• Designer
  • LoE: Land of the Free, Home of The Ponies!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2016 Aug 19, 21:45:15 »
I was hoping for something more. When I think of crafting in MMOs, the first thing I think of is armor and weapons. I just thought this game would be different.

Besides who would want something besides Moonlight Armor.  ovO

I saw a couple NPCs mention bicycles, that is one of the things that got my hopes up about a gyrocopter similar to Pinky's in Griffon the brush off.

How about carts so a speedy Pegasus friend could pull my slow flank around ^-^

They have said the game wont focus as much on combat. So maybe these might be ideas they could focus on.

« Reply #8 on: 2016 Sep 26, 15:14:41 »
Yes, a cart would be just delightful. Not sure how well it would fit in an inventory, though...

Unless you're Pinkie Pie, I don't think you could just pull that out of your pocket.
...Pun intended.