2017 Mar 26, 05:17:08

Author Topic: When did you stop wating FiM?  (Read 1266 times)

Offline Asriel

• (Aurora)
    • View Profile
Re: When did you stop wating FiM?
« Reply #20 on: 2016 Dec 10, 15:24:28 »
I still watch it, but not the same way I used to. Often I'll wait a while, then catch up.

Mostly because I'm curious, or so I'll get references in the fandom.

I mostly focus on the community, or really good fanfictions. (Not that there is a plethora of those, but the ones that are are excellent.)

The show is still enjoyable, even though I don't consider it "canon" anymore. Which sounds strange, but take it about as seriously as I do fanfiction, due to some of the changes that have happened. (Flurry Heart, mostly.) But it's still a good show, if not the most amazing thing in existence.
“Henceforth,” Ditzy continued, “you shall observe Muffin Monday on the first Thursday of every August! You shall commemorate it… with a minute of solemn silence for reflection on the fragility of life. And then, muffins!”

« Reply #21 on: 2017 Feb 03, 03:40:27 »
I really thought about it after seeing Flurry Heart. I mean, I had a feeling Twilicorn was happening thanks to that tiara and the whole Celestia's apprentice thing. Cadence was a stretch, but we got a good villain out of it at least.

The real downfall started when Twilight got her butt kicked by Starlight. I mean, yes, we've seen alicorns bested before, but at least their opponents were more than ordinary unicorns who happen to also be cult leaders. They started to...devalue the status of alicorn. Like it didn't really mean or change anything, throughout that whole season. The finale was just the cherry on top.

Then this sh*tty little... wrench through a stained glass window happened, and a baby was born with the same status as someone who had to earn it over a lifetime. Like a bad Mary Sue OC or self insertion fanfic. It was the first time I was genuinely butthurt about something on the show. It killed everything for me. I want to continue watching it, but I've lost all faith in it having a good story.

Offline Strawberry Sugar

• Princess of the Ribbon Kingdom
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2017 Feb 08, 18:13:04 »
I'm still watching! I'm waiting for the next season (or the movie).. whenever one of those come out. :^)
Being cute isn't just a description... it's a life style!

« Reply #23 on: 2017 Feb 21, 10:58:32 »
Still no desire to see it, especially since it was confirmed that Glimmer would be in season 7. No real desire to see the movie either.

Offline Ryo_D_Disk

• Because British
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2017 Feb 22, 07:40:12 »
Eh it's not that i'm not watching it so much as it is i'm not following it. I more stooped caring about release dates and preview hype

Offline AnthroYuu

• Implementation Leader
  • Just leave with me now, say the word and we'll go.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 2017 Feb 22, 23:23:39 »
I've watched up to the end of season seven, and regretted every one after season two.  It fell into a slippery slope to being absolutely abysmal from season three onward for me.
Why bend to conformity, when you can thrive in individuality?
Never allow someone to be your priority, while allowing yourself to be their option.

Offline Stardust Dragon

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2017 Feb 23, 00:02:16 »
I'm still going with watching, but I lost most of the preview hype around season 6 (though 5 would have probably been the same if I didn't end up watching the premiere at BabsCON that year).  I'm probably going to keep watching for now, but I really lost a lot of approval to hear Starlight Glimmer was going to be hanging around.  I admit, I'm biased against her/for Sunset Shimmer because I just like her more.  The two started with too many similarities to keep me from getting invested in Starlight when she showed up a second time, and while I don't despise her character, I just don't care to see her around.  I was really hoping she'd shuttle off back to her old town at the end of season 6, maybe show up once or twice, but if she's going to be involved in multiple episodes...