Legends of Equestria is Looking for Writers and Editors!

Started by Ellowee, 2016 May 05, 13:35:04

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

MysticMorning

Quote from: CMC Scootaloo on 2016 May 11, 17:16:26
@MysticMorning

I have sent in an application with a story that I wrote for it just a few minutes ago. It's an unpublished view story on FIMFiction.net called "Clementine's First Colt Crush".
Can you give me confirmation that you received the e-mail? I want to make sure that it really arrived.

We received your submission, and are in the process of reviewing it.   Thanks for your interest in helping LoE.
Mystic "Mysty" Morning a.k.a. The Aubade Veil
LoE Head Writer; Database Management; Design
Avatar by Inkwell at MuniversalArtworks

CMC Scootaloo

You always wanted to meet Scootaloo? Then be on the lookout for her in Equestria, she is galloping all over the realm!

Particlemane

2016 May 13, 03:33:41 #22 Last Edit: 2016 May 13, 22:40:05 by Particlemane
EDIT: The post before this was removed, and the issue of this post has been addressed. Ergo, this post is no longer necessary, but I don't want to remove it for sake of keeping records.

Let's not be hasty, now. They already said that they get a lot of submissions. While I too am curious and anxious that mine has been received, it won't do to have everyone asking if their own submission has been received.

The Storyteller's symbol is first a book, for without the story itself, there would be nothing to tell. The lines show the breath, the storyteller's medium. At the core: a heart, for like all living things, without heart, the story dies.

MysticMorning

Confirmation or correspondence E-mails have been sent to everyone from whom we received a submission.  Please remember, this is not an indication of the status of your application, only confirmation that it has been received.  If you sent a submission and DO NOT receive e-mail confirmation, please either try again or send me a PM.

Particlemane

2016 May 13, 22:34:49 #24 Last Edit: 2016 May 16, 21:05:39 by Particlemane
Aw, that was really nice of you! I honestly was not expecting it. Thank you for taking the time to do that.

I wouldn't have given it a second thought (well, I wouldn't have given it a third thought, anyway), except that I received a notice from another website that they couldn't reach my email. It made me a little pensive about my submission, but I think they were just paranoid because I hadn't reacted to their emails.

Post Merge

Last day today! If you're going to apply, don't delay any longer!
The Storyteller's symbol is first a book, for without the story itself, there would be nothing to tell. The lines show the breath, the storyteller's medium. At the core: a heart, for like all living things, without heart, the story dies.

Thunder Spin

I wrote a story called the strange friends.
Have I got to send it?  :\ I don't know. I never tried something like writing a story for Legends of Equestria.

O. Vannen

QuoteI wrote a story called the strange friends.
Have I got to send it?  :\ I don't know. I never tried something like writing a story for Legends of Equestria.

Alas, the deadline has already passed. I don't believe they're accepting more applications, but that's not my place to decide.

ObeyBunny

No matter who gets accepted, are you guys more interested in dialogue, story scenarios for quests, lore, humorous entries for when you mouse over an item's description, or something else entirely?

:3 Oh, this is gonna be too awesome! I wonder how good the writers are!
Let's turn every detail into something important.

MysticMorning

Quote from: ObeyBunny on 2016 May 17, 19:50:16
No matter who gets accepted, are you guys more interested in dialogue, story scenarios for quests, lore, humorous entries for when you mouse over an item's description, or something else entirely?

Yes.  :P   We are responsible for all written content and NPC interactions in the game, as well as working up item and ability descriptions, and establishing and maintaining the canon of the world.  All those things are important and all fall to the writing department, though this time around we are focusing a bit more on aspects of quest writing.

NightMoonMare

Good luck to all those who have applied, hope you all accomplish what you seek!  ^-^

Darkfae

Quote from: MysticMorning on 2016 May 17, 23:29:29
Yes.  :P   We are responsible for all written content and NPC interactions in the game, as well as working up item and ability descriptions, and establishing and maintaining the canon of the world.  All those things are important and all fall to the writing department, though this time around we are focusing a bit more on aspects of quest writing.

Game writers have a whole lot they are responsible for, which is why there's actually pretty large teams of writers for every game that comes into being once, in proportion to the rest of the team. MMOs in particular have a good ratio of writers versus the rest of their staff as maintaining all of this stuff in a persistent world is a lot trickier than in a more "static" game; even without expansions, MMOs are having to introduce new items quite frequently, so there's that alone to keep churning out written content, plus holiday events, plus regular content updates that need quests and dungeons, plus fluffy promos for the website, and all the lore spackle to hold it together...the list gets pretty huge, pretty fast. And sadly, in some game communities, there are people who think that just one or two people can handle this load even in AAA titles, when really, even insanely creative people who can churn out content fast cannot keep up with this stuff working alone or in a pair all that easily - not at the rate a lot of people expect things!

Totally wish the writing team luck, especially the new acquisitions. I just recently found out about the game while searching for the source of a picture that had the same name but has nothing to do with the game, and I already like what I've seen, so I expect you guys will continue to do well.  ^-^

Trisoul vector

After you have finished the hiring process, would the open servers be more available or be coming soon?

MysticMorning

Quote from: Trisoul vector on 2016 May 20, 11:18:37
After you have finished the hiring process, would the open servers be more available or be coming soon?

Writing has no more input on scheduling open servers than any other production department, so I don't really have this information.  You'd do best to contact Public Relations, but even then, I can't promise you'll get any concrete response on the upcoming of frequency of open servers.  We are working hard to achieve a releasable version of the game, and more writers will help to ensure a good range of content, but beyond this I'm afraid I'm not able to provide answers.   :I

Darkfae

Yeah, mostly it's all about programming, graphics/modeling, and the dev leadership that decide when a game's at a point where they can release a round of testing - even if stuff like writing is way ahead of schedule, the graphics/modeling and programming have to be working together and running to the point where they are supposed to be as per the dev leadership desires, or they won't go ahead with things. Hopefully PR has information on where the timeline is, but sometimes they don't have up to the minute information because it does take time for the magic to happen.  ovO

Pipkin

When PR has information to announce for any events they will make a post about it here and on social media.
This thread is for information or discussions relating to the recruiting and/or the process of such for the writing team, so please stay on topic.  Thank you for your patience!

CMC Scootaloo

@Particlemane

Quote from: Particlemane on 2016 May 13, 22:34:49
Aw, that was really nice of you! I honestly was not expecting it. Thank you for taking the time to do that.

I wouldn't have given it a second thought (well, I wouldn't have given it a third thought, anyway), except that I received a notice from another website that they couldn't reach my email. It made me a little pensive about my submission, but I think they were just paranoid because I hadn't reacted to their emails.

Post Merge

Last day today! If you're going to apply, don't delay any longer!

Have you got any response, Midnight Hush?
You always wanted to meet Scootaloo? Then be on the lookout for her in Equestria, she is galloping all over the realm!

EredarOmen

Quote from: NightMoonMare on 2016 May 19, 17:44:30
Good luck to all those who have applied, hope you all accomplish what you seek!  ^-^

I wish them the same.

Particlemane

@CMC Scootaloo

Yes, I have heard back. It was a bit of a busy week for me, and I haven't been completely well these last few days, so please forgive me for not replying right away.

Mizuki

It's nice to see that some of our long-time forum users are now on the development team! :nod:

Not to be confused with Zukiuke

SimK64

That was quite a run. I'm surprised at what was the result.  :o
I will join you all eventually.
Congrats to those 5.  You'll make this game even greater. :)

Go Up