5 (14.7%)
Portal 3
13 (38.2%)
Left 4 Dead 3
5 (14.7%)

Total Members Voted: 34

Go Down

veraxnar

I really want all the games listed in the poll! I just wish they would go ahead and announce them! :'(

Skardan

Portal 3!
Want it... Need it...
My DeviantArt

Inactivity! Woo!

[move=12]

Mr.Darkling

You forgot to mention that their last "Meet the" is Pyro.

Pyro is number 3 on the class selection menu in TF2.
"Man is a make-believe animal, he is never so truly himself as when he is acting the part"

Skardan

Quote from: Mr.Darkling on 2012 Apr 25, 13:41:30
You forgot to mention that their last "Meet the" is Pyro.

Pyro is number 3 on the class selection menu in TF2.

You're right! O:
My DeviantArt

Inactivity! Woo!

[move=12]

Book Smarts

Gabe: Valve is proud to announce its greatest sequel yet

RICOCHET 2!!!!

graywhoof

Meet the Pyro is coming this year though! :D  and plus Valve is guests at E3, and who knows maybe that 'Write Gabe Newall an email' email response was real. I would post a link but it contains language and ...... stuff, the response though is clean so...
QuoteI don't suppose it would ease your wrath if I told you that we're announcing all your favorite things at E3 2012?
[/b]

0xfoo

• Half-Life 3: I've been looking forward to this game since Half-Life 2 came out... in 2004. After almost a decade I've realized that whatever Half-Life game comes it's never going to live up to my love for Half-Life 2. I quite like Episode 1, despite the disdain it has everybody gives it. I think Episode 2 was really mediocre compared to the other installments. Its pacing was sporadic, there wasn't any real story progression (it was essentially get from Point A to Point B, whereas even Episode 1 allowed for a greater examination of the Combine and the destruction of City 17. The exception is with the Vortigaunts), and it just wasn't really that fun. Unless Half-Life 2, Episode 3, which everybody seems to have forgotten is what it's actually called, is absolutely revolutionary and blows everything out of the water, I really just don't care anymore. Will I play it? Yes. Do I think it'll live up to the wait? Probably not.

• Team Fortress 3: Why do you need another one? As far as class-based first-person shooters go, TF2 is the most balanced and fun on I've ever played, regardless of whatever they do or don't tack onto it. The graphics still look fine, unless you'd rather it looks like every other drab, realistic first-person shooter out there. If so, it's not anything special anymore. But its stylized, cartoonish look is what made it so unique and is still what sets it apart. Yes, other games have tried to take the same style, but none of them have really succeeded. Team Fortress 2 doesn't need to be improved.

• Portal 3: I'll just point out the biggest elephant in the room: I think Portal 2 was bad. There I've said it, I didn't like Portal 2... compared to the original Portal. The first half of the game was just Portal with a British stooge thrown in; it didn't feel like anything new, even the lasers, aerial faith plates, and tractor beams don't make it seem fresh. There were some interesting puzzles and some witty moments, but they pale in comparison with the raw fun and funniness that was in Portal. The second half of the game felt as though it was just a second game, tacked on to make it longer and so they could fit more story in... which it was. The gel puzzles are from Tag: The Power of Paint, whose team was brought on board for Portal 2. I don't think that's a bad thing, but I think the two games could have been combined in a much better way than just throwing the player into another tutorial. Add to that a lot of badly designed levels in the second half and the backstory introduced doesn't make up for my disappointment. Besides, the backstory threw subtlety right out the window. Half the fun of the first game was the excitement of finding out what had happened despite GlaDOS' best efforts, whereas this game shoved them down your throat. Portal 2 wasn't as good as the original Portal and I doubt another would be that much better. Unless it was a well done as the co-op. That part was actually quite well done and very fun. I almost forgot to mention it. Besides, it has barely been a year. It took 4 years to make Portal 2, give the guys some time. Portal 2's still better than most games, so the four year wait was worth it.

• Left 4 Dead 3: Left 4 Dead 2 falls into the same category as TF2 for me. I think it's absolutely fantastic and doesn't need an update, excepting more maps. Yeah, it's three years old, but it's still better than any other AAA zombie games that have come out. It's a vast improvement on Left 4 Dead and that's great, but I don't think it needs any improving. It's still just as fun to me as it was when it came out.

Sorry, I just needed to get that all out of the way; I'd like to give each of the four game listed their fair due, what I hate and love about their precursors and why I don't think any of them will cause me any distress or excitement. I guess I'm waiting for Half-Life 2, Episode 3 the most, since I want to know what role the Borealis plays, but I'm not too hyped for any of their sequel games. If anything, I'd rather see Valve come out with another remarkable, original game that everybody loves.

Ozzy

Well since I can't see how they could improve on Team Fortress 2 I am gonna have to say half-life 3 :>

Iodine

Look at this interesting article I found today: http://www.gamespot.com/features/the-secret-to-valves-success-6373246

So Half-Life 3 is going to happen, but they may take their sweet time making it without anyone pressuring them.

Rainy-Chan

Mr.Darkling

Quote from: Iodine on 2012 Apr 26, 03:18:27
Look at this interesting article I found today: http://www.gamespot.com/features/the-secret-to-valves-success-6373246

So Half-Life 3 is going to happen, but they may take their sweet time making it without anyone pressuring them.

hehe, I read the whole manual when it was released.
Valve's sense of humour has always been my favourite kind of comedy.  ^-^
"Man is a make-believe animal, he is never so truly himself as when he is acting the part"

veraxnar

The thing i want to see in any upcoming games are an improved engine (they are way behind on graphics). Portal 3 in-game map editor (like halo's forge). Left 4 Dead ant TF2 are fine with me I just put them one because there isn't a 3rd one and maybe some people want another one.

lol

If they start counting to three now we'll expect it for everything! Also, we'd probably just say they can't count to four.  =P

iAN

Willing to bet their going to make their next Half Life installment is Half Life 2: Episode 2 Part 2  :]

DXLelouch

guys Gabes a brony so its obvious as to why we dont have ep3 yet but since the season is over no excuses now Gabe  :/

Book Smarts

Biggest Valve troll moment would be if the next announced game is Half Life 3...D

The original half life, except in 3D

Who else would be annoyed if this happened?

dashpony94

Team fortress 3 and Portal 3 won't happen, not now at least

valve is near to releasing "meet the pyro" after years...so I doubt TF3 will come shortly, as the F2P tf2 brings a lot of money to the company with the store
Portal 3 is likely Less to happen, no one even expected the second XD, plus the ending of the second seems to close the story of chell (even though they might come up with something)

chances are that L4D3 will come soon but I'm not entirely sure since the last time they got a lot of complains about the sequel

about HL3.....meh.....I don't know XD chances are they will rebuild source at the time they finish it XD
"One does not simply choose a favourite pony"

ombranox

Quote from: Skardan on 2012 Apr 25, 11:46:31
Portal 3!
Want it... Need it...

I really like GLaDOS' Mane...frame?

Chishio Kunrin

As much as I'd like for there to be a Portal 3, isn't that impossible now since...
Spoiler: show
you leave Aperture at the end?

Maybe if you
Spoiler: show
are someone else, and you wake up in the ruined lab having been thought to be dead. Or you're a sentient robot and you're kinda tired of testing, and later in the game, your friend - another sentient robot - goes berserk. After all, GLaDOS is just testing robots now, right?

"(Ticktock, time is running out) What are you doing now?
I don't know where you are, don't even know your name.
They think I'm crazy, my heartbeat goes up..."

Lary

1. A fat joke a day keeps Episode 3 away. Go ahead. Keep making fat jokes about Gaben.

2. You forgot to mention that Portal 2 also had two DLC packs. Not a third one in sight. Another piece of evidence that they cannot reach 3.
Could've been something great. But ya' blew it... Ya' blew it.

Go Up