Interest Check [DRAGON MMORPG]

Started by Spiralfeather, 2015 Nov 28, 18:58:27

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Spiralfeather

2015 Nov 28, 18:58:27 Last Edit: 2015 Nov 29, 16:29:31 by Spiralfeather
AKA shameless self-promotion HAAAAAH

Hi everyone, I have an idea I'd like to interest check with you!

It's basically a game; a 3D MMORPG dragon game made and  hosted on the website 'Roblox'

Now before you click out of this thread, let me answer the question
"Why Roblox? Why not Unity, Unreal Engine, or something better?!"
Well, I did look into those, and I've actually tried my hand at Unity in the past, but it's decently hard (To me, at least, and I'm only one person) But my holidays are fast approaching, and I need a project to fill my time. I believe I can make this game in a fairly short amount of time (Compared to other game engines/software) due to Roblox' simple coding language and ease of access. It's been my dream since I was much younger to make a game like this, and one day I hope to make it in a real engine. However that (if it ever happened) would be far in the future. But for now, I had to stick with Roblox. Here are a few reasons I picked it;

Simple coding/scripting language
As previously stated.

It's not as bad as you think
Roblox games can actually be half decent with good coding and enough effort put in.

Accessibility
Roblox is free, so anyone can join and play the game. It also hosts servers for the multiplayer aspect.

With that out of the way; let me explain the game itself!
Out of sadness at the lack of dragon MMOs on the Internet, I set out to create one of my own!

And thus, Euna* was created; a lush land filled with dragons of all kinds!
The game itself is set in a large world map, with several different areas and secrets to discover.
*Pronouncd You-nah

There will be many dragon breeds and colours to pick from, each with their own abilities and lore. The playermodels themselves are 2D 'paper' morphs; still 2D images of your characters (The other option is to create the models using shapes on Roblox, in which case they will look blocky and horrible.)  The art will be done by myself; at first there will most likely only be a few breeds to pick from, but more will be added as the game progresses.

Lastly there will be an Administrator/Moderator system, in which each Admin/Mod (A/M) of the game will take on the look and persona of one of the world's
'Gods' or 'Deities'. Naturally, as seasons change, Deities change too, so as A/Ms come and go, the Deities come and go with them. If an A/M leaves or is removed from their role, the Deity will have 'left' the world, possibly off to find new worlds, or just for a break. However the Deities will return as new A/Ms fill the old slots.

Features
Some planned release features:

-Many unique dragon breeds and colours to choose from!
-Inventory, currency and apparel systems!
-Large map with many areas for RolePlaying!
-Flight, Magic and more!
-Pick your allegiance
-Form clans and make alliances!
-Meet the world's Deities!
-Events and frequent updates!

If all goes according to plan, there may be an 'Open Server Weekend' sometime in January (Possibly later as setbacks do happen), where we open our doors to test the [mostly likely] alpha or pre-alpha version of the game.

Basically; I'd love to work on this project and create a place for dragon lovers to roleplay, explore, and hang out in! However it will be a fair amount of work, and I'd like to gauge interest! Would you be willing to make an account on Roblox to play? Would you play the game at an open server weekend? Would you apply to be an Admin or Mod? Let me know! Feedback, suggestions and opinions are greatly appreciated!

Known to some as Tourniquet!

Go Up