Questions about AC:HHD

Started by Sweet Brew, 2015 Oct 15, 05:10:48

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Sweet Brew

So, Animal Crossing: Happy Home Designer is officially out and has been for some time now.
I'm thinking about getting it. (Well, adding to my wishlist, 'cause I can't get it for a looong time, lol)

But... I have a few questions.

1: What have they taken out in the game sense New Leaf?

2: Is the new stuff really worth abandoning my New Leaf town for? (No spoilers though please)

3: The big kicker is... Can I justify buying it when I've barely done anything in New Leaf?
I mean...my town is so pitiful because the few stuff I have done kinda put me in a back pickle due to poor planning...

But my Mom got it for me for my Birthday 2 years ago and it's hard to justify ditching it when I've only done a couple hundred hours on it... 'Know what I mean?

But now due to AC:HDD New Leaf seems pretty deal social wise...is the social stuff on HHD any good?
They better have kept the tropical island and tours...lol

Itty Bit

Happy Home Designer is a spinoff, to New Leaf. Which basically means it's an entirely different game, not meant to be seen as another sequel to Animal Crossing. It's like how Mario Galaxy is to Mario Kart.

The central focus of the game is to go around and take request from Villagers to help build them a house, from decorating the exterior to the interior. It's not really much of owning a new village, but moreso of just a game for people who really, really like making houses in the Animal Crossing games.

Hope that helps a little C:

MarshyMellow

My best answers for you!

1: Like Itty Bitty said, it's a spin-off of ACNL. It's completely different.

2: I've heard that people on Miiverse have gotten through most of it in like 2/3 days...But in ACNL, you slowly progress. So no, it's not really ditch-worthy.

3: It depends on if you WANT to. And the social features aren't that great...The only social thing you can do is rate other people's projects over the internet. And don't worry, things get better as you go on in ACNL! Trust me, they do.

There's also no Island, either. Nor can you explore out of the town.

You cannot design your own house, either...And that kinda sucks because it would've been cool if you could.. ono

Birds don't just fly they fall down and get up
Nobody learns without getting it wrong

Sweet Brew

Quote from: MarshyMellow on 2015 Oct 15, 18:16:11You cannot design your own house, either...And that kinda sucks because it would've been cool if you could.. ono
...You mean you down own a house? Or all the furniture in it is static?
Quote from: Itty Bit on 2015 Oct 15, 14:27:27
Happy Home Designer is a spinoff, to New Leaf. Which basically means it's an entirely different game, not meant to be seen as another sequel to Animal Crossing.
Well, that being said I might think about getting it a bit more due to being able to still derp around in New Leaf.

Thank you both, you cleared up some doubt in me. ^-^

MarshyMellow

Quote from: Sweet Brew on 2015 Oct 15, 23:40:52
...You mean you down own a house? Or all the furniture in it is static?

Yep. You don't even get to own your own house even though the game says that you go 'home' after work.. :c

And what do you mean by the furniture being 'static', exactly?  o.O

Sweet Brew

Quote from: MarshyMellow on 2015 Oct 16, 12:00:17
Yep. You don't even get to own your own house even though the game says that you go 'home' after work.. :c

And what do you mean by the furniture being 'static', exactly?  o.O
It's a term that usually means unable to move.
Like the museum or town hall is "static" but your own home is not sense all your furniture is able to be moved, taken away, added and such.

MarshyMellow

Quote from: Sweet Brew on 2015 Oct 17, 01:37:55
It's a term that usually means unable to move.
Like the museum or town hall is "static" but your own home is not sense all your furniture is able to be moved, taken away, added and such.

There isn't a museum or a town hall... :c

BUT, the furniture in this game is static! You cave move them around with a stylus or move it with your character as you please!  ^-^

Go Up