The Adventures of the Royal Guard, a New Beginning (Sign-up RP)

Started by annosrules, 2015 Sep 15, 17:00:08

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

annosrules

"Good initiative there private! Anyone else care to take a swing?"

waaaaaaah

Book studied the tree carefully, ideas flashing through her head.
I AM FIRE AND WATER, EARTH AND SKY! I AM POWER INCARNATE! YOU SHALL KNEEL BEFORE ME AS A WORSHIPER WOULD PROSTRATE BEFORE HIS GOD!"
-Me

My OCs
Book Keeper - Sketch Art - Star Diver

annosrules

"Really? Nopony has any ideas on how to remove the rest of the tree?"

_BlazingInfinity

Infinity thinks about the right place to hit the tree.
That moment when you realize that you are an apple...
Toast is amazing.

waaaaaaah

"Sir, there are numerous ways of removing the rest of the tree," Book Keeper replied, still thinking. "I'm trying to come up with something practical that I'm capable of."
I AM FIRE AND WATER, EARTH AND SKY! I AM POWER INCARNATE! YOU SHALL KNEEL BEFORE ME AS A WORSHIPER WOULD PROSTRATE BEFORE HIS GOD!"
-Me

My OCs

annosrules

"Well we haven't got all day!" the Sgt. barks, more informatively than derogatorily.

waaaaaaah

Book's horn started glowing as she cast a spell. A loud rumbling noise emanated from underneath the tree, and withing a few seconds, the  ground beneath it opened up. The tree was vanished from view, and the ground closed over it, as if it had never been there in the first place.

"Done sir!" Book saluted, sweating a bit from the strength of the spell.
-Me

My OCs

Chibalt

Chibalt watched with a straight face as the ground opened up, swallowed the tree and then closed up again. A few seconds passed, then his hoof met his face. Couldn't you have just cut right through to make a passage instead of using geomancy? Not to say that it wasn't effective, but, well... A bit overkill...
My OCs: http://forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=11833.msg777677#msg777677
Don't be afraid to make suggestions regarding any of the characters there if you have some.

waaaaaaah

"I don't have the mana to be able to do something like that," Book shook her head. "Moving earth around takes less power than outright destruction."
-Me

My OCs

Chibalt

Sorry, just a bit irritable lately, wouldn't it have been easier to just cut through the tree in two places using constructs, then just roll the cut portion out of the way? Not to mention you basically just left a massive mark that we have been here, mana signature all over it and probably done a fair bit of damage on nearby vegitation, the earth you moved has to go somewhere. You could've also blocked underground rivers, accidentally tore open a massive underground cave for everyone to fall into, cause one to collapse, cause a landslide if used anywhere near hills and so-on. Chibalt listed the possibilities one after another, sure, moving the earth around was an easy way to get rid of an obstacle, but probably not the most efficient, that and the path was reeking of Book's mana to him.
That and you basically made a rather large signal flare for anyone who can feel magic, judging by the smell I think it'll last... One day, maybe half a week tops. Yes I can smell magic, no, I will not describe how it smells.

(Sorry if the logic is annoying here, but, well, moving large amounts of dirt around like that would have consequences, both long and short term, plus I don't think magic is without residue, and you just planted quite a bit in the ground, not to mention I think it'd definitely make noise, and the dirt has to go somewhere.)
My OCs: http://forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=11833.msg777677#msg777677
Don't be afraid to make suggestions regarding any of the characters there if you have some.

annosrules

"I must agree with the cyan one. While the royal guard is to do it's duty without fail, part of that duty is to protect the land. I will expect all of you to be less careless in the future," Drill Sgt. Turnip lectures, glaring at both Book and Maple periodically whilst doing so.

_BlazingInfinity

2015 Nov 05, 17:03:37 #271 Last Edit: 2015 Nov 05, 17:52:47 by _BlazingInfinity
(Srry wrong rp. Was doing a rp with Infinity on another site. Sorry.)
Toast is amazing.

waaaaaaah

-Me

My OCs

annosrules

"Don't be sorry, be in line!" the purple pony barks, ordering everypony into marching order.

waaaaaaah

Book got back into line, thinking about the effects her actions could have on other ponies.
-Me

My OCs

_BlazingInfinity

Infinity gets in the line and waits to march.

'Man I wonder when I can have some free time?' he thought.
Toast is amazing.

annosrules

(I'll only have one last test, then I'll get onto something actually interesting :P)

The group now finds themselves at the base of a large steep cliff. "Alright, finale test before it's pencils down! Get ontop of this here ridge, and you're free to continue your training, fail, and it's back to pushups and boulder rolling. BEGIN!"

Go Up