Care to take a peek at my first ever OC?

Started by ShrinkingViolet, 2015 Jun 19, 01:15:24

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

ShrinkingViolet

Hello there, I'm sorta new here! I've looked at all the lovely oc ponies, and decided to try and make my own  ^-^

So far I've got a name, and an image (created on a Pony Creater)

Her name is Shrinking Violet, I'm still thinking of a character and cutie mark for her, so any help would be much appreciated.
In general, tell me what you think, and what I might need to change.  X3

Teal Turken

Well I can say that she's an adorable looking pony and wouldn't feel the need to change the way she looks.
Her character and cutie mark aren't so important unless you're looking to roleplay, but you can still do those if you wish.

If the character is in some way an extension of yourself, you should give her a talent and personality based upon on your own aspirations for the better person you want to be. It actually becomes quite easy to design an OC like that rather than something radically different from yourself.
Of course, talentless ponies is a thing.

If you DO plan to RP, lay out the idea of what the character is like, then do some roleplaying. Roleplaying can actually help you design, define and develop the character how you like, changing as you play.

As for a cutie mark, I HIGHLY recommend you either draw something yourself or request for an artist to draw your OC with their CM. Taking images from the internet that aren't cartoony can often lead to out of place looking CMs.

ShrinkingViolet

Thank you for the feedback!
I don't plan on roleplaying, but I still like the idea of a personality for her!
I actually have a CM in mind now after drawing out some ideas, but I have no way to upload it to the interwebs, so I might just have to find someone to draw it for me  X3

Teal Turken

There is a way to upload images onto your ponies in the pony creator, but if you haven't saved the character code, you'll have to recreate your pony to apply the CM that way.
Otherwise it's pretty simple to just shrink the image, clear the background and paste it on your pony's flank. 0:)

Go Up