Terraria

Started by GoldenTerrabyte, 2015 May 27, 18:50:22

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

GoldenTerrabyte

2015 May 27, 18:50:22 Last Edit: 2015 May 27, 20:53:45 by GoldenTerrabyte
Who here is a player of Terraria? Who's excited for the upcoming update?

I also wonder if anyone else here goes on the Terraria Forums?
I'm back

Stardust Dragon

I hope that "jump the shark" moment is just for fun, not indicative of anything the playerbase might disagree with...

On the other side, after I've collected my jaw from the floor, heck yes I'm excited!  :D I picked just the right time to get back into the game, apparently!  I hope this update has the improved connectivity, I'm getting tired of playing (and not being strong enough for the big nasty Moon events) by myself...

GoldenTerrabyte

The update IS adding multiplayer through Steam, so that should be good!
I'm back

Stardust Dragon

Well, I was just walking around my jungle and decided to fight Plantera since I found a bulb...got The Axe.  The day before the drop rate is supposed to drop.  I don't want to harp on the awesome luck of it but...seriously?  lol  And I was just internally complaining that the bragging rights for owning one were about to drop...

Now if only the demons in the underworld would cooperate, I need a few emblems to make a Fire Gauntlet.  Or did I use up all my luck in that Plantera fight?  That's how luck works, right?  :I

GoldenTerrabyte

I need a Fire Gauntlet too, I'm doing a Melee playthrough right now, and that is my favorite Melee accessory.

And I believe you mean next month, the update comes out on June 30th, not May 30th.
I'm back

Stardust Dragon

Quote from: GoldenTerrabyte on 2015 May 29, 22:20:44
I need a Fire Gauntlet too, I'm doing a Melee playthrough right now, and that is my favorite Melee accessory.

And I believe you mean next month, the update comes out on June 30th, not May 30th.

I promise you I'm attentive, really. :facehoof:  Well, guess I don't need to worry too much about getting anything done in a hurry then.

GoldenTerrabyte

Also, are you on Terraria Forums? If you are I wanna find you there,
I'm back

Stardust Dragon

Quote from: GoldenTerrabyte on 2015 May 30, 00:20:40
Also, are you on Terraria Forums? If you are I wanna find you there,

I'm not; as part of my withdrawn nature I'm rarely involved in any sites, just lurking.  This site is maybe the second time I've ever actually been on a forum, but I might branch out later.  If I do I'll be sure to update you.

I'm working on a Ranger run myself, to help me get over my overly frugal nature (I'm terrified about simply using  limited ammo, which is what led me to the caster role in the first place  X3).  But my main character/world is used mainly for collecting equipment in case I ever want to try something different; for whatever reason the Fire Gauntlet grabbed my attention and I've been working to make it.

GoldenTerrabyte

2015 May 30, 00:32:16 #8 Last Edit: 2015 May 30, 00:34:09 by GoldenTerrabyte
Fire Gauntlet's awesome, because it not only sets enemies on fire, it also makes all Melee weapons give off light, including pickaxes, making digging a little easier.

But yeah, the Terraria forums are always the best place to get information on updates.
I'm back

Stardust Dragon

2015 May 30, 00:42:13 #9 Last Edit: 2015 Jun 12, 01:19:39 by Stardust Dragon
I just focused in on the date, not the month.  I do that a little too often for my own good.

Post Merge

Perhaps my fastest turnaround opinion on a boss ever:

Starting today: "I hope that I can beat Duke Fishron, but this took me forever to set up so I can't take chances."

This afternoon: "Dangit, he's run off twice and killed me a third time...do I have the right gear for this?"

Two hours ago: "Okay, managed to barely beat him twice, and he's giving me junk...oh, a Bubble Gun?  Huh, I wonder..."

5 minutes later: "I guess I can just sell these two extra trophies for a little gold."

Right now the only thing I didn't net off him is the mask...I'm quite proud of myself, and feeling incredible...though the fact that he dropped the Razorblade Typhoon (what I was aiming for) as mythical might have something to do with that.  All thanks to that Derpy...ahem Bubble Gun.  It's insane when trying to fight him, especially if you just run on a flat surface and fire behind you.

GoldenTerrabyte

So, believe it or not, the other day, I was given early access to Terraria 3DS.
(Home screen proof, since there's no way to take screenshots, unless they put up a Miiverse community)

Plays real nice, I've encountered just a few very minor bugs, and it's for the most part a solid port. Will be $20, download only until early 2016, and devs have confirmed they have already started work on the next update for bugfixes and a little more content.

On a scale of one to ten compared to the PC, I rate it a 9. Not perfect, but it's certainly great, it serves its purpose, and it runs real nice.
I'm back

Go Up