When the gods arrived... (Gothic Lovecraftian MLP roleplay)

Started by thexcrimsonxghostie, 2015 Apr 24, 16:12:12

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

thexcrimsonxghostie

The Earth pony was very disoriented, but he'd whispered in the other's ear. "Twenty acres north of the Mirror Pond...".

waaaaaaah

Book Keeper nodded, then shut her eyes for a few moments to try and place the general area that he was referring to. She spent a few more moments memorizing the path to the location from where they were.

"Alright," she said. "Let's go." She helped him along as fast as she could.
I AM FIRE AND WATER, EARTH AND SKY! I AM POWER INCARNATE! YOU SHALL KNEEL BEFORE ME AS A WORSHIPER WOULD PROSTRATE BEFORE HIS GOD!"
-Me

My OCs
Book Keeper - Sketch Art - Star Diver

thexcrimsonxghostie

Lumine tried his best to keep up as he'd slowly regained his composure. But then, they heard the wings of the Night Gaunts a short distance away.

waaaaaaah

"I hope you can defend yourself," Book Keeper said worriedly as she dragged the earth pony along, looking in all directions. "I don't think that I can defend the two of us properly."

She had her rapier ready, and she mentally prepared one of her favored spells.

(careful, we must stay in the rules X3)
I AM FIRE AND WATER, EARTH AND SKY! I AM POWER INCARNATE! YOU SHALL KNEEL BEFORE ME AS A WORSHIPER WOULD PROSTRATE BEFORE HIS GOD!"
-Me

My OCs

annosrules

A sole earth pony watches the duo from a distance, unsure of whether he should risk helping them out, or take the safe route and ignore them like he did so many others.

thexcrimsonxghostie

The cleric saw the withered face of a young, lost filly from long ago appear from between a set of rocks only to disappear back into the darkness with her sad, empty eyes as if lead them to a safe haven. He couldn't feel any sense of malice or deceit and then stopped his companion dead. "There..." he'd pointed, "there's a cave where we may hide from the beasts."

waaaaaaah

Book Keeper nodded, then dragged herself and her companion to the cave.
-Me

My OCs

thexcrimsonxghostie

Once inside they waited for the Night Gaunts to leave. Lumine had come to and was able think and communicate transparently. "Who are you and why have you come to this forest? You realize it's dangerous this time of night, right?" he inquired.

annosrules

The pony continues to watch where the two other ponies went, still debating his course of action.

waaaaaaah

"I'm looking for something," Book Keeper said evasively. "Sometimes that means going into dangerous places."

She turned her attention to the outside.

"What about you? Why are you outside at such a dangerous time?"
-Me

My OCs

thexcrimsonxghostie

Lumine shook his head in anguish and batted his eyes. "I was out foraging and I felt tired at some point; then a negative entity had put  me in sleep paralysis and left me a hypnogog for hours before it had left." The cleric could not shake the migrane that burdened him as he'd tried to tell his story. As it was he'd spent some of his mana trying to detect the Night Gaunts in conjunction with the heinous impact of his head against the ground.

"When I'd come to, 'twas near the hour of darkness and I was some miles from my home when I'd sought to make haste for my cottage; yet 'twould be futile as the Night Gaunts would come out for their nightly hunt."

annosrules

Blaze could no longer ignore the loneliness he had been feeling since the start of the apocalypse. He no longer cared if it was the safest course of action, and he bounded down his hill and towards the cave.

waaaaaaah

"Maybe you can-" Book Keeper broke off as the sound of hooves reached her ears. She readied her rapier and prepared a spell.

"Somepony's coming!"
-Me

My OCs

annosrules

Blaze enters the mouth of the cave, not saying anything in case it would attract more monsters.

thexcrimsonxghostie

Lumine wasn't worried at all as he could sense positive energy as well as feelings of indecision and desperation.*

Whomever you are, come in as you are among friends.

annosrules

"While it's good to be open to trust in these dark days, it is wise to not let oneself become trusting. Nonetheless I am thankful for the gift you give to me." Blaze says, slowing his dash to a trot as he approached the group. Initial reactions have spoken well on behalf of these two, but appearances alone aren't deserving of trust.

waaaaaaah

Book Keeper lowered her rapier, but did not put it away.

"Who are you?" she asked the newcomer.
-Me

My OCs

annosrules

"I should like to ask the very same question of you," Blaze says with a pause before continuing on to say, "But since I am the guest I shall divulge my identity first. My name is Blazing Legend, Cartographer Extraordinaire."

waaaaaaah

"I've heard of you," Book Keeper said, eyebrows raised. "You're the cartographer responsible for the high-quality maps of Equestria, aren't you?"

(I hope that it's alright if I take a tiny liberty X3)
-Me

My OCs

annosrules

"Aye, and may Celestia http://forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=2470.0">Read the forum rules. me to Tartarus for ever thinking that a widespread publication of my masterpiece would help the world. Indeed, it's turning out to be the end of it," Blaze says with a tone of utter self loathing.

Go Up