Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate

Started by RainbowDash, 2015 Feb 27, 06:13:30

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Sunshine Smash

That's.... Not horrible... But I would much prefer G-rank Fatalis. I still really want to make my Twinbane Twilights to boost to purple sharpness with modifications.   X3

Deep inside..... We're kindred spirits...... You..... And I......

Chibalt

2015 Jun 05, 07:59:51 #341 Last Edit: 2015 Jun 05, 08:28:44 by Chrisgotjar
Quote from: Sunshine Smash on 2015 Jun 05, 07:23:00
That's.... Not horrible... But I would much prefer G-rank Fatalis. I still really want to make my Twinbane Twilights to boost to purple sharpness with modifications.   X3

Now I'm just imagining you swinging around two Twilight Sparkles, haha.

Also, I recently found I actually do pretty well with hunting horns, again. And I found one with pretty good bonuses too, the shell castanet, can give Health boost(L), Defense boost(L) and Attack boost(L), along with wind pressure nullification, that has a pretty darned good set of bonuses it can give out, keeping them all up is really difficult though.
My OCs: http://forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=11833.msg777677#msg777677
Don't be afraid to make suggestions regarding any of the characters there if you have some.

Rikaria

That Horn would be really nice in (Rusted) Kushala Daora hunts... even though you can't completely negate their black wind, but hey /o/
If I'm not here, I'm most likely on Pokémon Shuffle's Miiverse community.

Chibalt

Probably would be pretty handy, I just never really used the hunting horns before that one for a very simple reason: The bonuses they gave with melodies were freaking useless, pretty much only Small bonuses, not much bonuses at all or element-specific resistances and the like.
My OCs: http://forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=11833.msg777677#msg777677
Don't be afraid to make suggestions regarding any of the characters there if you have some.

Rikaria

They're only small if you use the song once; repeat the same one immediately after to get a better bonus.

Chibalt

Still nowhere near the same as when you do the same with L bonuses, just feels WAY more useful.

Rikaria

Aside from various quests, more USJ (Universal Studios Japan) stuff including the Star Knight set as well as G Rank Gold Rathian and Silver Rathalos are all coming out tomorrow! \o/

Chromastone64

There's going to be a MH event in London in a few days I might be going to, and the game's Producer and Director are going to be there!
A self-proclaimed "jack-of-all-media-types". I tend to say "freaking" a lot.<br />My OCs: http://forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=13316.0

ManeFlame

I'll toss my hat into the ring if you still need some teammates.
I have terrible rare item drops, though. I'm in that halfway between noob-and-pro gear cause of it. -.-

Rikaria

I pretty much stopped playing after Episodic Quest 5 came out (July's DLC with the Gold Rathian). I might still be around to help every now and then, but otherwise... well... yeah.

Sweet Brew

I got a full Gore Magala set.
I think it's a step up from a Wroggi set. -.-
(Yes, I basically just got the game)

Also, my Insect glaive now has a butterfly.

Chromastone64

Quote from: Sweet Brew on 2015 Aug 31, 00:44:44

Welcome to the hunt :)
A self-proclaimed "jack-of-all-media-types". I tend to say "freaking" a lot.<br />My OCs: http://forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=13316.0

ManeFlame

Quote from: Sweet Brew on 2015 Aug 31, 00:44:44

Most annoying part is always getting that 1-2 drops you need to finish making a set.
Grats. I still need Gore just for ma spiffy new dragon lance.

Sweet Brew

Grrr! Darned Pink Rathian! >:(
I can't beat her for the life of me!

Any ideas? I got some pretty fire resistant armor, but the poison is a pain in the flank.
I don't have time to drink the antidote due to it's speed.

I probably shouldn't take a great-sword due to it's poor speed, so I tried some faster weapons and still got my flank handed to me.
I'm going to hate the Azure and Silver Rathilos...aren't I? -.-

Sakura_Blossom

Im doing an Urgent and whenever I get people to do it (after about 10 minutes of waiting) everyone disconnects in the middle of the fight. 

And how so you get better armor without frustration?

Rikaria

Quote from: Sweet Brew on 2015 Sep 06, 02:50:35

Don't forget Gold Rathian.

ManeFlame

Quote from: Sweet Brew on 2015 Sep 06, 02:50:35
Grrr! Darned Pink Rathian! >:(
I can't beat her for the life of me!

Any ideas? I got some pretty fire resistant armor, but the poison is a pain in the flank.
I don't have time to drink the antidote due to it's speed.

I probably shouldn't take a great-sword due to it's poor speed, so I tried some faster weapons and still got my flank handed to me.

Honestly, that's why I love the lance. Quick block, especially if auto block is up, a dodge ability and a "get out of the way charge" attack.

Sweet Brew

Quote from: ManeFlame on 2015 Sep 06, 19:09:06
Honestly, that's why I love the lance. Quick block, especially if auto block is up, a dodge ability and a "get out of the way charge" attack.
I tried the lance, but it seems so weak on attack that I take too long, plus it's dodge moves aren't as fast.
(Or is it just me?)

Though anything with a shield + Dash juice = awesome.
'Cause when those monster do those mega super duper uber long combo strings you can take them all and still have enough energy to run/dodge.

So, something tells me I need better armor, I have a full Gore set, but I don't think that's even close to enough for what I intend to be doing.
I'm trying to get that full set of...
Spoiler: show
Link armor and sword and shield

But it's clearly out of my skill/equipment level.

Sakura_Blossom

I... am.... finally... G rank...

ManeFlame

Lance just takes time to get used to. You can spam jump the dodge in whichever direction you need, on the fly, when you get good at it.
Big swords aren't terrible though. Just have to remember the combo setups for which ones allow getting away easier.

Go Up