Open Server Test February 20-21!

Started by Ellowee, 2015 Feb 16, 17:04:22

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Akilas

Excuse my english, my real language is Spanish, soo, if someone talk Spanish too, that will real awsome.

"Deal with it"

CMC Scootaloo

I'm currently in a PM talk with someone who gets virus messages from his anti-virus program when he tries to download the old client. And now his dad forbids him to download it because he thinks it's a virus. I already explained him that it isn't one and why this happens, but he doesn't believe me, it seems.
Can anyone from the developers hop in for a moment and confirm that the game files are all safe so that I can show him that, please?

@Akilas

DD:
You always wanted to meet Scootaloo? Then be on the lookout for her in Equestria, she is galloping all over the realm!

bronieBoy262

will the download be up for every one :D or just the people who played it last time ono

Stardust Dragon

Quote from: CMC Scootaloo on 2015 Feb 19, 19:12:14
I'm currently in a PM talk with someone who gets virus messages from his anti-virus program when he tries to download the old client. And now his dad forbids him to download it because he thinks it's a virus. I already explained him that it isn't one and why this happens, but he doesn't believe me, it seems.
Can anyone from the developers hop in for a moment and confirm that the game files are all safe so that I can show him that, please?

@Akilas

DD:

Call me cynical, but I doubt even one of the devs of the game would convince someone that concerned about viruses that the game is safe.  My dad refused to let us hook up our Wii to the house network because he was afraid of, as I understood it, someone using that as an opening to get onto our network and getting at files in other computers.  He wasn't so paranoid that he didn't let us download anything, but there was a slight over-caution that wasn't easy to overrule.  At least he's not trying to lord over downloads on my personal laptop.  If anything, I did gain a sense of caution when downloading stuff too...but it does border on paranoia quite often.   :I

Quote from: bronieBoy262 on 2015 Feb 19, 19:39:23
will the download be up for every one :D or just the people who played it last time ono

Probably open to all; this is kind of a special OSW but I doubt there would be exclusions short of rule-breakers.  I'd suggest patience for now.

CMC Scootaloo

@bronieBoy262

Quote from: bronieBoy262 on 2015 Feb 19, 19:39:23

It's an open test, not a closed one. Don't worry, the game will be available for everyone! :)

@Stardust Dragon

Quote from: Stardust Dragon on 2015 Feb 19, 19:41:50
Call me cynical, but I doubt even one of the devs of the game would convince someone that concerned about viruses that the game is safe.  My dad refused to let us hook up our Wii to the house network because he was afraid of, as I understood it, someone using that as an opening to get onto our network and getting at files in other computers.  He wasn't so paranoid that he didn't let us download anything, but there was a slight over-caution that wasn't easy to overrule.  At least he's not trying to lord over downloads on my personal laptop.  If anything, I did gain a sense of caution when downloading stuff too...but it does border on paranoia quite often.   :I

Well, people are different. And the anti-virus program he uses told him that there were a lot of trojan ponies horses on his computer after downloading the client.
So his concern has legit reasons. It must not be paranoia in this case.
You always wanted to meet Scootaloo? Then be on the lookout for her in Equestria, she is galloping all over the realm!

Akilas

Excuse my english, my real language is Spanish, soo, if someone talk Spanish too, that will real awsome.

"Deal with it"

CMC Scootaloo

@Akilas

Quote from: Akilas on 2015 Feb 19, 20:26:04
Where is the client  DD:

Looks like this OSW is pulling a "August 2014" on us. :(

Natfoth

Quote from: CMC Scootaloo on 2015 Feb 19, 20:28:18
@Akilas

Looks like this OSW is pulling a "August 2014" on us. :(

Builds are going live right now, uploading the post now.
Programmer Natfoth
The Experienced
Programming Lead[br]
Design by Princess Oliver, Avatar by CrabApple, OC by Natfoth

Thrasher Dash

Quote from: Natfoth on 2015 Feb 19, 20:36:18
Builds are going live right now, uploading the post now.
The download too  :D
If you see Princess Twilight (Unicorn) or Thrasher Dash (Pegasus) that's me!

CMC Scootaloo

Rough Pathway

2015 Feb 19, 21:33:36 #131 Last Edit: 2015 Feb 19, 21:35:44 by Rough Pathway
Whoa, wait, it's tonight? I thought it was tomorrow night!  :P I guess I should've paid more attention. At least I still have time to prepare.

Do I delete the old files from the last OSW? I don't want to mess anything up..

Pipkin

It's best to delete the old files and replace them with the new build, so there is less chance of files conflicting

CrazymattCaptain

Quote from: LaptopBrony on 2015 Feb 19, 21:38:50
It's best to delete the old files and replace them with the new build, so there is less chance of files conflicting

nevar!!
Spoiler: show

it's fun to see all of them right next to each other.
The Crazy Pink Pony of The Brony Show
CrazymattCaptain
thebronyshow.net

CMC Scootaloo

@CrazymattCaptain

Quote from: CrazymattCaptain on 2015 Feb 19, 21:41:52
nevar!!
Spoiler: show

it's fun to see all of them right next to each other.

Oh, great, I'm not the only one! I'm also keeping them all! :D

Princess Oliver

Quote from: CMC Scootaloo on 2015 Feb 19, 19:12:14

@Akilas

DD:

If your friends dad wants to contact me to confirm that this is safe he is always welcome to email me at [email protected]. For this Open weekend both the Windows builds were provided by me and the Linux and Mac builds provided by natfoth. The reason why his Anti-Virus is triggered is that unfortunately sometimes games built in the Unity 3D engine are considered as viruses. Many games built in Unity 3D experience this issue unfortunately. As developers there is little we can do about it.
Princess Oliver
Princess of Arcane Engineering
Programming Co-Lead
[br]

LostSanity

Game download successful.

Will I be able to do my livestream/YouTube videos this time?

We'll see...

*listens to Persona Q music as I bid my time and wait*

:s
[shadow=gray,left]I'M ONLY HAPPY WHEN IT REIGNS[/shadow]

The Roman Reigns of the forum

Blazebolt 2

my windows smart screen won't let me run the luncher

Felicity Pone

*impatiently waits for download to complete*  ovO
Look for a pony named Extra Press.

CMC Scootaloo

@ocbaker

I have downloaded the x64 version of the client and when I start the game through the launcher and try to log in, it tells me that I have to update the game.
But the launcher says the game is up-to-date. :o
What should I do?

Go Up