The Servers are now Closed!

Started by Ellowee, 2015 Jan 27, 00:10:45

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

blackhawk

Didn't had free time to play on this OSW but I heard from people that it was awesome, so I thing it was really awesome, but eh maybe more luck next time.

Dark Spectrum

2015 Jan 27, 16:32:14 #61 Last Edit: 2015 Jan 27, 16:53:17 by Dark Spectrum
Caaan't wait for the next OSW. Hopefully by then ALL my friends can enjoy it with me.  :D

Post Merge

Quote from: HeartsDesire on 2015 Jan 27, 14:50:35
It was the most awesomest time I ever had   <3 :P

there were a few things wrong, srry, but everything else was wonderful  :D

1) u can walk through some buildings
2) the names of places r a bit off (ex: ponydale=ponyville)
3) the health bar is very laggy, I had a bunch of health but still fainted

There are a few more, but I don't want 2 make this 2 long, srry again.

Spoiler: show
there were a few things wrong, srry, but everything else was wonderful  :D

1) u can walk through some buildings
3) the health bar is very laggy, I had a bunch of health but still fainted

[spoiler]

[spoiler]
(ex: ponydale=ponyville)

Someone doesn't understand copyright infringement.
I guess that explains why Hasbro takes advantage of that...

In more polite and serious words, the reason the game has names like Ponydale and Cloudopolis instead of Ponyville and Cloudsdale is because this isn't backed by Hasbro, and no permission has been given to use the real MLP names. Note why all NPCs are made from mostly scratch, and none of the Mane 6 are officially in the game. Sure, people PLAY as them and other canon characters, but things like that happen in tons of other games and MMORPGS. Legends of Equestria is a fan-game, made by fans who like the show(and maybe toys, too...). Hasbro does have a tendency to be butts, so...precautions are to be made. Just letting y'know.

As for everything else, the "ghost buildings" have been a thing ever since I started playing myself, but clearly, they're not the current priority. Considering this game is in Beta(I believe, anyway-correct me if I'm wrong), they're working out the game mechanics and it's kinks, such AS the buggy HuD, which really wasn't too large an issue last year. As far as I can see, they're just adding a little amount of things each stress test(or OSW), then fixing some coding, and adding in more quests, more enemies, and more areas to explore. The OSW are to test these new things in action, and see how they work in a normal MMORPG environment, so they don't suck and break much later on.

Oh, and you worried about a post being too long? I could probably ramble for a living, if it were a job.  lol
[/spoiler][/spoiler]
O-oh, did I type something? Didn't notice. It's not...up there, is it? Sweet Celestia, I hope it isn't something astounding that I just spoiled...

[move] :D FULL SPEED AHEAD ON THE HYPE TRAIN!!! :D[/move]

Moon princess

This has honestly been the best and most fun I've had on a weekend for a long time. The timing for OSW was perfect between my classes so I could play as much as I wanted before it end. It was my first time playing as princess Luna and wont be the last. :luna: after having so many fun roleplays with so many fun loving ponies including one with a stallion celestia and luna  lol

it was awsome! ^-^

I'm hoping to see the friend's I've made again in the next OSW like Agent Valor and a crissy of my own. The best part was at the end to see how much everypony show so much love to the LoE team for giving us a chance to enjoy ourselves so much. Thank you LoE team for what you do and hope to have another OSW soon and hopefully without someone trying to put a downer on our fun  0:)

Howitzer

The best part about it was that most of the problems subsided as the OSW progressed. I was finally able to enter every map on Monday and experience little disruptions.

At the end I cataloged 102 screenshots, it was a good weekend.
LoE not working as it should? Submit bugs here: http://phabricator.legendsofequestria.com/maniphest/task/edit/form/1/
------->  Jurassic Systems <-----------

qaris

Quote from: Morphius on 2015 Jan 27, 04:45:15
Me neither. Did you happen to have a full inventory? If so, then you're unable to carry anymore items, even quest items & you can't re-obtain some back, so 'tis possible that you are stuck, like me!

No,I didn't have full inventory  o.O
Did Wanda have the package?
LoE Name : Lumi
My deviantArt
http://visuu.deviantart.com/

Patience is bitter, but it's fruit is sweet.

FlameWolf100

Quote from: Minor-T5 on 2015 Jan 27, 14:29:09
This was a great OSW, thank you LoE team for letting us play this game, while unfinished, is still amazing.
I hope you have another OSW soon!
Yo Luke :]
It's mostly true X3 But I'm not brave :l                        

Lightning Sparks

2015 Jan 27, 19:32:17 #66 Last Edit: 2015 Jan 27, 19:47:10 by LaptopBrony
i can´t believe my bad luck, yesterday i finally download the game, and today the servers are closed... ovO, my only hope is that the servers get open soon...
Androsii ;D, if you want to send me a PM go on. Hablo español.

ThePonyGuy1998

It was awesome, I enjoyed most of the Open Server Weekend, even with the DDoS, connection timed out, the lot of lag and room change, and the Fluffle Puff rage quit; but I enjoyed it so much, really. ^-^

I played all the 3 days, made new friends and added in Skype (greetings!) and earned a lot of items and bits (even I dunno why I had a lot of lanterns. O:).

I loved so much the Crystal Kingdom, even the map and the daytime song. Also I was impressed by the Ponydale redesign. You guys are incredible! :D

Just waiting the seventh Open Server Weekend, just try to improve the server security system. I'm uploading a 2 hours and half video of the first day in LoE (I didn't recorded most of the second and third day, about 45 minutes). See ya' in the next OSW! <3
I am a 21-year old guy who played this game since 2014, and recently started playing it again in 2019.

I hope to play the game more often with some friends! I'm a Mexican Brony, kinda a veteran in LoE. ¡También hablo español!

PM me if you want my Discord username. I hope to see you in the game!

Dawnstar

Alas, I never got a chance to play this time around. Only had time to play on Saturday, but my time ended up being wasted on the aerial view waiting queue. I wish I'd known that I was actually in a queue because at the time I just thought the game had broken on me or something. Didn't find out until after the time I had available to play so needless to say I was a bit disappointed.

Really bites too because I really wanted to see all the changes that had been made to the game. To make it worse I'd wanted to try out a unicorn this time around since I've played a pegasus every other OSW I've participated in. Bad choice in retrospect.

I really hope the wait for the next OSW isn't quite as long because I was really looking forward to this one, but the way things went this rates an all time low for me compared to the others. Please note: I'm not including the DDoS attacks because that was something beyond the team's control and not something I will fault them for. It's the other problems I had that I take issue with.

JeekLuvsMuffins

Achi

Another good OSW!! Had fun as always! Keep up the good work friends!  ^-^

SkylordryanZ

When will the server be open again?
I kindly ask.....
Send by SkylordryanZ ;)

Mercurial

ray13tojo

:c I missed the open week end  D: DD: I pray that they will open aging it looked to fun

Mercurial

FoxyTheMangle4150

:c i did not get to play the game  :c hope fully that was just a alpha or beta release the game looked so fun i saw it on FluffyMixer's Channel (MixerMike662) and it look so fun im about to go pinkie  ovO

Brongaar

I'll wait for the next OSW announcement.. any event planned?

BubbleFlush

the fifa brony

well have some hope, the download links are back, so lets hope its coming back :3

Go Up