Open Server Weekend Update

Started by Ellowee, 2015 Jan 24, 14:48:31

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

kaylyn

Quote from: pfiutek1 on 2015 Jan 25, 05:28:47
I cant go to heartlands. either i have a picture of it or aerial view or crash game

I can't teleport from cantermore to heartlands either. all I get is a log out and a crash log file
Also Europa server seems to be the only one letting me log in at the moment.
The server end guys and gals will get lots of data from this, but as users go, its not the best.

vernes

Quote from: LostSanity on 2015 Jan 24, 23:49:54

1. I want to play as my unicorn OC. I'm not playing as anything else.

You're not here to play your unicorn OC.
You're here to test the game.
You CAN use your OC to test the game.
But if the Cantermore map doesn't work, you make a different pony to test the game by accessing a map that does work.

If you came this weekend to play the game and to have a perfect service, you came too early.
Come back when the game is released.

SpectraDust

i can't go anywhere!! any place i try and go i get the aerial view glitch or the "waiting list" as they call it but i fliping wait and hour and nothing happens!!! so i give up!! i'm done! i think it's fair to say this was a failed OSW

vernes

2015 Jan 25, 06:37:24 #83 Last Edit: 2015 Jan 25, 06:49:35 by vernes
Quote from: SpectraDust on 2015 Jan 25, 06:28:39
i can't go anywhere!! any place i try and go i get the aerial view glitch or the "waiting list" as they call it but i fliping wait and hour and nothing happens!!! so i give up!! i'm done! i think it's fair to say this was a failed OSW
They collected a lot of data that included this problem. 
Therefor, the OSW was a success. 

Regardless, I got in the equus server.
try that one?

Cloud Paw

I can't even get Into the game D:

DerpyDad

still cant connect to the host from the login screen...it's quite depressing.

Night Breeze

I'm ok with enforcing rules, but could i get an explanation of why i got a 5min kick.

LostSanity

Quote from: Galapagois on 2015 Jan 24, 23:56:44
I'm not sure if the waitlist has been implemented previously or not. If it wasn't present last time, then not seeing it would probably be because of a couple of reasons:

a) assuming you're referring to the short-notice test we did in December, there were far, far, far fewer people trying to get onto the servers, due to the fact that we hadn't announced it long in advance like we did with this one, which would mean that the waitlist rarely (if ever) came into effect;

b) the server probably just refused to connect people to the game, rather than putting them on a waitlist and trying to get them in when it could. Personally, if I had to choose between 'being put on a list with a chance to get into the game eventually' and 'being outright rejected and having an error code spat at me', I'd pick the former. It's having troubles right now, sure, but hopefully that's something we can work on between right now (i.e. the middle of a test event) and future events/the actual release of the game; and/or

c) we weren't dealing/recovering from a DDoS attack at the time.

Why do I feel like I'm talking to a brick wall?

NO. I'M NOT TALKING ABOUT THE THING IN DECEMBER.

I'm talking about the OSW that occurred before that.

There was no such thing as a "waitlist" then, therefore there shouldn't be such a thing as it now.

P.S.: I'm assuming this means the issues haven't been fixed?
[shadow=gray,left]I'M ONLY HAPPY WHEN IT REIGNS[/shadow]

The Roman Reigns of the forum

tapia94

o.O I been wait more than a hour to play this game and it's my first time

WolfBrony

i cant even get into a server i keep getting a gc error whatever that is anyway to fix that?

KirbyFluttershy

I'm not even sure if this weekend's open server is just a bust for most of us that can't play and enjoy the game. I may be right on the bad start or weekend part, but we can't get a 1-day extension for staff and devs reasons. I hope they can make up for lost time on the next open server weekend or so.

If I recalled correctly, this didn't happen on the previous open servers due to bronyCons. Maybe this stuff shouldn't happen like this in bronycons?
3DS Friend Code: 2363-5641-1771
Final Fantasy XI Char/Server: Chiririn / Asura
Yo-kai Watch Wibble Wobble Player Code & Username: 1qmgdmug / KirbySh

Ethan102

(AERIAL VIEW TIP HERE) I used to be stuck in the aerial view but I got pasted that by closing the game, restarting it and instead of choosing the server I tried last time I would choose another server. Sometimes it worked and sometimes it didn't but I was patient and it eventually worked and I got in. I hoped that helped someone.

Crystal-Rose

I can't even get the client running. You guys are lucky to be in the game

rpk5000

Well I think I found a partial fix to the issue. Make an earth pony and it should let you play. I tried it myself and it actually worked. The only problem is that you can only stay in Ponydale. If you try to go to any other areas you get the bird's eye view glitch. Hope this at least partly help!  ^-^

Hash Myth

yeah I server bounced to get all 3 of my characters to one area.

Took me 6hrs of random server hop and I ended up getting my Unicorn and Pegasus free from there crashing worlds... Oh well won't be able to play all day till about the time the servers will go down if they shut them down on time...  ono

AppleGood177

Kitty Vee

Finally here during open server!
AAAAND my laptop blue screen of death's.  :l
That moment when you forget how to pone.

LilyTora

cant even download the game... :I what?

Paladin Redflare

I've been waiting for over a day to play and i'm STILL GETTING 503 ERROR ON THE UPDATER.
Paladin Redflare, Giant Pony, (Ten feet tall, Five times the size of an average stallion) Fire Elemental and Paladin of the Goddess of Light, Member of the Order of the Holy Light.  Colors - Red everywhere except white feathertips and orange/gold cutie mark

Princess Oliver

Hi there,

If the patcher isn't working you always have the option to download the full download, that way you can still play the game!
Princess Oliver
Princess of Arcane Engineering
Programming Co-Lead
[br]

Go Up