Open Server Weekend Update

Started by Ellowee, 2015 Jan 24, 14:48:31

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Dawnstar

Glad to see a waiting notification is being considered. Better indication of what travel route goes where would likely help too. Still, I've felt an airship between the two towns would've been a good idea since the first OSW I participated in. It just seems like common sense to me to have an extra way of travelling, and I'm sure it would relieve some of the traffic through cantermore.

I have to sympathize with the people that want to play unicorns too. I've played a pegasus every OSW and wanted to try a unicorn this time around myself, but the sheer amount of traffic through cantermore has effectively prevented that decision.

Still, I'm sure you are all doing your best to resolve all these issues within your ability, and I appreciate that a game like this even exists at all. I'm just sad because I probably won't get a chance to enjoy it this time around.  :c

BlueBlur Chrome

2015 Jan 25, 00:01:12 #61 Last Edit: 2015 Jan 25, 00:04:24 by BlueBlur Chrome
I am  not sure if the game is captable or the servers, but another suggestion that might help, If not it's worth a thought.

I played a MMO Game called Champions Online. The way it dealt with Players is we had Map Zones. Like For example if a a zone reaches 100 players (Max cap) it would create another Zone. Like Name of Map#1 and Name of Map#2, Players can switch zones freely as well.

It's a idea that might work in a later future if it cannot at this stage that's fine.

Test taken on 01/22/15

Salnalus

Quote from: BlueBlur Chrome on 2015 Jan 25, 00:01:12
I am  not sure if the game is captable or the servers, but another suggestion that might help, If not it's worth a thought.

I played a MMO Game called Champions Online. The way it dealt with Players is we had Map Zones. Like For example if a a zone reaches 100 players (Max cap) it would create another Zone. Like Name of Map#1 and Name of Map#2.

It's a idea that might work in a later future if it cannot at this stage that's fine.

AdventureQuest Worlds does the same thing, and yes, if possible, it would be a good idea.

Black Streak

I played a MMO Game called Champions Online. The way it dealt with Players is we had Map Zones. Like For example if a a zone reaches 100 players (Max cap) it would create another Zone. Like Name of Map#1 and Name of Map#2, Players can switch zones freely as well.

I second this! O:

Galapagois

It's a good idea, and I wasn't aware of it before; it might be something the team's already considering, but I'll definitely bring it to everyone's attention.

From what I understand, the current way the servers work is that when one is full, it puts players into a queue, and when there's room either on that server or any other, it puts them on there. The problem at the moment seems to be that all of the servers are full, at least in certain locations, which means that each one has a queue it's trying to deal with, which is increasing the wait time exponentially. Hopefully we'll be able to improve on that in the future (better systems, more servers, etc.)!
Head of LoE Public Relations, King of Support, and a nuisance!

Dawnstar

Yeah, it's a pretty standard feature with all of Cryptic's mmos. Startrek and Neverwinter do the same thing. Once a zone reaches a certain population it starts a new instance to put people in. For less busy areas you'll maybe see one or two instances, but for busier areas like the general hubs the instances will climb into the double digits.

It lets them maintain their whole game population on a single server system while preventing busy areas from getting overloaded, and of course there is an option to switch to another instance to meet with your friends as long as the instance isn't full.

BlueBlur Chrome

Quote from: Dawnstar on 2015 Jan 25, 00:19:59
Yeah, it's a pretty standard feature with all of Cryptic's mmos. Startrek and Neverwinter do the same thing. Once a zone reaches a certain population it starts a new instance to put people in. For less busy areas you'll maybe see one or two instances, but for busier areas like the general hubs the instances will climb into the double digits.

It lets them maintain their whole game population on a single server system while preventing busy areas from getting overloaded, and of course there is an option to switch to another instance to meet with your friends as long as the instance isn't full.

Yup, It would do great for Legends of Equestra next time they add more stuff.

Test taken on 01/22/15

Bunnybunz

That is a really good system!

May I ask am I the only one who can't actually see servers at all? Like some people say they are playing and I am just sitting here with now server list.

LunarDusk

Waitlist?....hehehe....figures even though I've been on it for 1 hour  >:/
"[glow=blue,2,300]Hue Lunar Dusk archmage of the EverFree at your service.[/glow]"
conflictus nec divinos

OCs
http://forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=11752.

Salnalus

In any case, I can't have Ember (my OC) play (she is a unicorn), wih the screen being stuck in the Overview of Cantermore. But apparently an Earth Pony spawning in Ponydale is fine.

Night Breeze

Any MMO implementing map instances suffers from player seggregation.
There are workarounds in some MMO like placing friends and friends of friends in the same instance, but it is just masking the real problem. If you play MMO like me to meet new people, any instancing of hub maps makes it ridiculously hard to meet someone.
I've lost sight of countless chat partners this OSWE just by moving through a portal e.g. entering Sugarcube Corner.

Please stick with one server - one instance and if the server is full, add more servers.

kaylyn

Quote from: Bunnybunz on 2015 Jan 25, 00:23:49
That is a really good system!

May I ask am I the only one who can't actually see servers at all? Like some people say they are playing and I am just sitting here with now server list.

Apparently there are a few that cant see servers , going by the comments on the threads, I can see three servers, and can log in, but all I see when I log in is this aerial view "waiting q" and I give up after about 10 mins or so.

Rainboom_Dash

i waited 2 and a half hours and finally gave up

kaylyn

2015 Jan 25, 04:02:24 #73 Last Edit: 2015 Jan 25, 04:06:54 by kaylyn
I was actually able to log in for about 5 mins b4 i got logged out.
Saw cloudopolis and cantermore, was about about to go into the forest b4 i got logged out.
BTW, The NPC's at cantermore don't want to talk to me, but the cloudopolis ones do.
Edit..I added a youtube link.

Night_Star030

I had my fun, it has been sporadic, & I had to log in numerous times to enter the game. And obviously the server & webpage & forums are still under DDOS attacks because they keep going down.  Hence the few servers operation, when they work, are overloaded with players. I've had my avatars stuck in one part of the game or another when I'm stuck in waiting mode, either in Cantermore (my main character Night Star is stuck there) or Cloudopolis, & sometimes The Heartlands (which seems to be the case right now with my second character Pegasi Cookie Crumb  ovO).

Despite that, I patiently make numerous log in attempts & have bee successful to play the game. Have visited the Crystal Kingdom, explored Ponydale new layout (it grew as it seems), & completed one quest, and what do know... I'm finally in Cantermore again, playing with my main character Night Star. :]  The key is patience.

The staff of LOE are doing their best despite the attacks on their site & servers. Just try & try again & you will be rewarded. :D

Sollace

2015 Jan 25, 04:25:18 #75 Last Edit: 2015 Jan 25, 04:27:24 by Sollace
Quote from: Galapagois on 2015 Jan 25, 00:15:14
It's a good idea, and I wasn't aware of it before; it might be something the team's already considering, but I'll definitely bring it to everyone's attention.

From what I understand, the current way the servers work is that when one is full, it puts players into a queue, and when there's room either on that server or any other, it puts them on there. The problem at the moment seems to be that all of the servers are full, at least in certain locations, which means that each one has a queue it's trying to deal with, which is increasing the wait time exponentially. Hopefully we'll be able to improve on that in the future (better systems, more servers, etc.)!

Might I add that if you decide to implement that then it may be worthwhile to also add a kind of 'follow' function. That is, if you meet other players in a zone and want to all move to another area then you would want to follow them. Then the server would try and keep your group together by choosing an instance that has enough space or creating a new one if needed.

It could do something similar for friends and herd as well. Take preference over other instances based on how many friends you have in that instance, and herds would automatically follow each other through portals (assuming I'm right in what I think the herds thing does. I haven't actually tried it).

SpectraDust

2015 Jan 25, 04:30:55 #76 Last Edit: 2015 Jan 25, 04:36:35 by SpectraDust
I'm getting really annoyed now! yeah yeah i know you are working hard but now it's been 2 days! and i still can't play! i can only go to Cloudopolis i wanna go and explore more!! but i can't! even when i made an earth pony i still get stuck with the ponydale aerial view and when i go to cantermore the same thing! and i've waited over an hour now! and before i could go to ponydale just fine but now i get stuck with the aerial view. I know you are working hard I'm just really dispassionate because i can't play tomorrow because of school and stuff, i really wanted to play but i guess i can't :( i think it's safe to say this was a failed OSW

Post Merge

oh wait!! nevermind!!......i can't even get into cloudopoils...UGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHH!!!!!! i've had it!!! i'm done!!

RainBowDashLover!!!

Mine keeps loading is it what is it suposed to do? :/ ono :s

SatinePony

In two days, I probably just played 15 minutes if I count "one minute by here, one minute by there"... And I can feel I am lucky because there are many people who just can't play at all. What is the interest to extend the maps if nobody can play? "Oh yeah, the server fails, a bit of people can connect and play, but the most important, is we have modelised the crystal empire."

It's the worst beta version I ever played.

"We hope you enjoy the Open Server Weekend!" It's a joke.

Loraleil

Go Up