A notice for those having trouble logging in

Started by Ellowee, 2015 Jan 24, 04:13:53

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

LostSanity

2015 Jan 24, 18:46:05 #600 Last Edit: 2015 Jan 24, 18:48:52 by LostSanity
Quote from: Perry The Pony on 2015 Jan 24, 18:43:26
If a ticket is already created for the issue, do not create another ticket.  This makes it hard to go through and fix all the issues if there are multiple tickets for one issue.

Also do not spam the ticket board, doing that will be grounds for warning and other actions taken by the moderation team.

I just meticulously went through the Helpdesk Tickets and none had what I'm asking for.

All it is really is for the "waitlist" to be fixed. I didn't see any other tickets asking for that.
[shadow=gray,left]I'M ONLY HAPPY WHEN IT REIGNS[/shadow]

The Roman Reigns of the forum

Stuff

Quote from: LostSanity on 2015 Jan 24, 18:46:05

I just meticulously went through the Helpdesk Tickets and none had what I'm asking for.

All it is really is for the "waitlist" to be fixed. I didn't see any other tickets asking for that.

You're obviously talking about fixing Cantermore.

Stalephreak

Quote from: Jinx_Sparkhoof on 2015 Jan 24, 13:13:00
We all get this is a fan made game and the people working on it are doing so only out of there own personal desire and good will to see a great thing created FOR NO PAYMENT WHAT SO EVER. But you dont need to go throwing that in our face making us seem like we are ungrateful just because of this single incident.

I am sure that if they put up a donations link This wouldnt even be a problem. I cant be only one wanting to say "SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY!" to the creators of this project and see it succeed.

Also making this open sourced would be a terrible idea. How many of you all of you know even the barest basics of code/level/ai design BEYOND the "its all there for you" tools of videogame editors? Show of hooves? Yeah I thought so my self included in that boat. By not making it open sourced We get something alot tend to forget. QUALITY CONTROL. Since this is being made by fans and not a corporate faceless BRICK we get a level of QUALITY CONTROL beyond what the corp would give.... Does this mean it takes longer to fix BIG hiccups YES~! But it also means they are fixed RIGHT AND PROPER THE FIRST TIME! ...(USUALLY) Because the time care and dedication put into it pays off.
Tell that to Sun Microsystems and the other giants that have open sourced quite a bit of product.  They found that quality control went UP, and R&D time went down.  No, open source isn't the answer when you have a product that will be monetized, but this has been stated to not be in that category.
Founding Member of Zero Fox Mercenary Corps
In-Game Name:  Wheel Trouble

Jinx_Sparkhoof

Quote from: Stalephreak on 2015 Jan 24, 19:21:27
Tell that to Sun Microsystems and the other giants that have open sourced quite a bit of product.  They found that quality control went UP, and R&D time went down.  No, open source isn't the answer when you have a product that will be monetized, but this has been stated to not be in that category.

Well in terms of lesser R&D and better Quality control, I HOPE YOU ARE RIGHT!  X3
Motto :- Rules are made to be broken, Like buildings, OR PONIES!
Catchphrase:-  WUBALUBADUBDUBS! ~ THE TRANSLATION OF THIS WORD MEANS "I am in great pain, please, Help me!"
Favorite things:- shiny stuff, pizza&gingerale nice blankets and "juniper berries"

AutumnStorm

Despite the fact that the servers are overloaded, and that several bugs present, I am definitely seeing improvement since the last OSW. My one and only gripe is the inability to travel from Ponydale to Cloudopolis at the moment, but I like what I see so far.

Keep it up, devs. This is an amazing project, and I hope you folks keep it going.

Jinx_Sparkhoof

O: I GOT IN... I GOT INTO A SERVER..................... you... guys... are.... AWESOME! :3 !!!!
Catchphrase:-  WUBALUBADUBDUBS! ~ THE TRANSLATION OF THIS WORD MEANS "I am in great pain, please, Help me!"
Favorite things:- shiny stuff, pizza&gingerale nice blankets and "juniper berries"

Leo Rave

Just gotta keep on-a truckin'. No use griping over what we already know.  :]
For us, it's just a matter of keeping ourselves preoccupied in the mean time.  ;)
For the LoE team it's going through a hefty amount of coding, files, records, and forums to figure out multiple solutions, if not one ultimate solution, to the stack of predicaments after experiencing a DDoS earlier. S'not fun.  :l
So keep checking the forums every so often and I'm sure the solution will present itself in due time and we'll all get to frolic around or fight dragons soon enough.   ^-^
Keep The World Raving

Night_Star030

Quote from: Perry The Pony on 2015 Jan 24, 18:39:07
We are currently working on a resolution to all of the issues.  The team is well aware and working hard to correct all the issues we have had so far.  Please take a deep breath as we work all of the issues out.

Posting here with comments that are mean or hurtful to others and the LoE staff do not help the situation.

For me, I congratulate you guys. :D

After going through a serious DDOS attack & working hard to bring it back up, shows you care. I've been experiencing all these issues everyone else are experiencing but I understand why because of that attack. Still you were able to bring at least one server back on line & the forum. It shows dedication!

Congratulations!

Stuff

Galapagois

Hey all! We know there's a lot of problems with the game at the moment, and you can bet your behind we're working ours off to get everything working as well as it possibly can. There's been a lot of trouble for us to deal with on our end, from that rather inconvenient attack on our servers to just general massive overcrowding, but we're doing our best to sort everything out - and this kind of experience will be invaluable for later development of the game.

I just want to thank you all for being patient with us during all this. LoE, after all, is still in a pre-alpha state, and these tests are fantastic for us to get as much info as possible about the game to make sure that, when it's finished, it'll hopefully run smoothly; you are all helping us to make this game better!

In the mean time, the servers are still open, and (barring any further naughty shenanigans) should be remaining open until the planned end at 11:59pm EST on January 26th. We don't plan to extend the servers beyond that time; they're not free, after all, and everybody on the team here is a volunteer on the project, with real-life stuff to do during the week. You know, jobs and education and other sucky stuff. It's pretty hard to maintain the game while most of the team is MIA!

Also, a quick note on waiting lists: I know they're super frustrating, but they are fairly typical for MMO games like this. i can't tell you the amount of times I had to wait for a number to tick down before I could get online, back in my WoW days! We are working on things at our end, but for now, I'm afraid you'll just have to be patient!
Head of LoE Public Relations, King of Support, and a nuisance!

Stuff

Here, have some tape to put your behind back after you're done working it off.  :P

Jinx_Sparkhoof

Quote from: Galapagois on 2015 Jan 24, 21:47:20
Also, a quick note on waiting lists: I know they're super frustrating, but they are fairly typical for MMO games like this. i can't tell you the amount of times I had to wait for a number to tick down before I could get online, back in my WoW days! We are working on things at our end, but for now, I'm afraid you'll just have to be patient!

Oh that never changed... its still happens when something new comes along. So we get that pain XD I am happy enough though. I got in and tried it for a tiny bit and even that is enough for me!

Galapagois

Quote from: Jinx_Sparkhoof on 2015 Jan 24, 22:10:42
Oh that never changed... its still happens when something new comes along. So we get that pain XD I am happy enough though. I got in and tried it for a tiny bit and even that is enough for me!

The pain goes on, even after I left...

Also, glad you enjoyed what little of the game you got to see! If you've got time again tomorrow, it's worth giving it another shot!

Drifting Trail

2015 Jan 24, 22:28:34 #613 Last Edit: 2015 Jan 24, 22:34:50 by Cyrius47
I'm back to read the newest posts and I think it's shameful that certain people are just here to protest against the lead team. Hey guys, if you read me, remember one thing : this game is entirely FREE and all of the members of this project are volunteers. Trust them to do their maximum to resolve the problem and if they don't suceed to resolve it, it will be for the next time !Try to imagine what they are dealing with. As bronies, we should cheer them up, instead of arguing or protesting. Hey lead team ! Don't listen those discouraging and immature ones, I know you are doing all you can to fix that.

Drifting Trail, brony from France  ;)

[Edit : The new version of Ponydale is awesome ! The Crystal empire and the stadium are nicely done too !]

Ponies991087

Quote from: Galapagois on 2015 Jan 24, 22:23:36
The pain goes on, even after I left...

Also, glad you enjoyed what little of the game you got to see! If you've got time again tomorrow, it's worth giving it another shot!

Do you think the screen getting stuck situation can be fixed or will it take months to fix? I really want to be able to travel.  :]

ParasitcSquid

Just realized how ironic this situation is for me... after I finally get the chance to join at least one OSW on the first day I wind up being unable too for more then 30 minutes, what's up with that?  lol
I used to mainly play as the pony called Twilight Sparkus in the earlier days of LoE but mostly play as the unicorn Mena Green or pegasus Rainy Day now. If you become my friend ingame don't be afraid to message me on here to chat every once and a while!

LostSanity

I'm still getting stuck on the loading screen.

Fix this ridiculous "waitlist" please.
[shadow=gray,left]I'M ONLY HAPPY WHEN IT REIGNS[/shadow]

The Roman Reigns of the forum

Galapagois

Quote from: Ponies991087 on 2015 Jan 24, 23:19:01
Do you think the screen getting stuck situation can be fixed or will it take months to fix? I really want to be able to travel.  :]

At the moment that seems to be a server load issue; if an area's too full, it just keeps you there until there's room or something. We're definitely going to work on it, but for now the best 'fix' is to be patient and wait, or try a less popular area! The Crystal Kingdom, for example, seems very quiet. Which is weird, because I personally think it's the most beautiful area in the game right now!

Ponies991087

Quote from: Galapagois on 2015 Jan 24, 23:45:45
At the moment that seems to be a server load issue; if an area's too full, it just keeps you there until there's room or something. We're definitely going to work on it, but for now the best 'fix' is to be patient and wait, or try a less popular area! The Crystal Kingdom, for example, seems very quiet. Which is weird, because I personally think it's the most beautiful area in the game right now!

Alright, well i have faith in you guys!  ;) Hopefully it gets fixed soon! Except i can't exactly move to another area... none of the portals work.

Stardust Dragon

Quote from: Galapagois on 2015 Jan 24, 23:45:45
The Crystal Kingdom, for example, seems very quiet. Which is weird, because I personally think it's the most beautiful area in the game right now!

I second that about the Crystal Kingdom's beauty; I explored with my unicorn, but now I want to get around to it with my pegasus...who's stuck in Cloudopolis for now.  And the new music is stellar, thank you development team!  :D

Before the weekend is over I really want to see the Crystal Kingdom stadium packed with ponies, if the server can handle that. 

Go Up